Page 475 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485525575975 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 15150
    BANNED

- "Who`re you?"

- "Capti`n Boomerang"

- "That`s hilarious"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I believe it's a side effect of the newer who is blogs which set about showing how characters actually are in canon because a surprising amount of people get their information from fandom and haven't actually read this books. It's a fun idea because fandom is often very wrong on a lot of things , almost annoyingly so to the point you wonder how someone likes a character to begin with. So it's to correct a lot of mis information about Jason. At the same time people forget that the person doing them is also a bias source because it's their interpretation of the material. So the recent one about Tim is going particularly hard on showing his bad aspects that fanon ignores, but also sort of paints his as bland white Boy misogynist which is where bashing occurs recently. Also the annual didn't help.
    Ah I see. I read through the link you gave, and although the guy fancies him/herself thorough, they already kind of undermine themselves by putting a limit on the canon they're willing to look through.

Still, before this, I would have never thought anyone would be so openly critical of Tim and his introduction. I've only seen one person on this forum, for example, that I noticed disdains Tim, and that's only really a hindsight reaction brought upon by the overwhelming favoritism he tends to get here, even to the point where other characters will get slandered "in Tim's name". Other than that, I always thought Tim was "lubbed" by everyone (or maybe that's an illusion because of a vocal minority fanbase or something).

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    When it comes to canon vs fanon (characterization wise), this is my preffered comparison:
    http://theflyingwonder.tumblr.com/po...est-difference
    This is interesting, but I wouldn't take it as gospel.

This person is very selective with who they count and talk of as part of the Batfamily, including speaking on someone I'm surprised they even thought about and ignoring others who probably should have been mentioned. Their other problem lies in the fact that their canon knowledge used to analyze the characters only goes so far, which is noticeable with Jason, Tim, and Stephanie, especially Jason and Stephanie (or was it Cassandra; memory's already fading of the last night I read it). For example, it doesn't account for how Jason and Tim are characterized as being close post Jason's resurrection and UTRH in the New 52. They don't seem to acknowledge past Flashpoint at all in fact, which I feels cheapens things and showcases fanon getting in the way of canon, which dis-serves the whole point of trying to put the two into perspective (i.e., "only the canon I want counts", in turn making it fanon).

I also couldn't help but be amused at how they consider Stephanie to, even arguably, be the 2nd best positive influence on Damian after Dick, and reference it more than once. If I'm not off, Damian has been in existence without Stephanie's apparently awesome influence longer than he has with it by 2017, and even if she was a positive influence once, that hasn't been the case for anything of Damian post-resurrection.

Maybe that facet of things lies somewhere along with Colin Wilkes, who was also an overall positive influence on Damian that hasn't been referenced in forever?

Actually, the poster acknoleged that he is basing his breakdown on the Pre 52 charactherizations, it doesn't take into account post Flashpoint, i said that is my favorite breakdown because is way more accurate that the presentations of the batfamily in fandom (and some canon stories, both pre and post reboot), the only part that i put in doubt is Steph being that close to Damian before the reboot.

Extraordinary Member

If you would include both continuities (or in case of the older characters even the pre crisis continuities) you would have probably to do in some cases different write ups for each continuity.

The new 52 version have in some cases for example become more similar to the fanon versions.

Btw. what I really would like to see at some point (maybe as a 80 page giant) would be (maybe as kind of a what if scenario), four times the same plot but every time with another Robin to highlight a little bit the strength and flaws of every one.

If you would include both continuities (or in case of the older characters even the pre crisis continuities) you would have probably to do in some cases different write ups for each continuity.
    Probably, althought this in particular just focused in the 86 to 2011 period.

The new 52 version have in some cases for example become more similar to the fanon versions.
    I never thought that would came the day when Jason (and Damian, sorta) would be the characther that i most pleased with his representation in canon until this year, i mean i was a fan of Winnick's Jason and i wish that he would have written more with him, but i sort of give up about that guy appearing again or another writter being able to understand his nuance, but Rebirth Todd, is pretty satisfactory middle ground.

Btw. what I really would like to see at some point (maybe as a 80 page giant) would be (maybe as kind of a what if scenario), four times the same plot but every time with another Robin to highlight a little bit the strength and flaws of every one.
    Agreed.

10 char

BANNED

Badass moments of the week:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post

Red Hood may have grown on me thanks to Rebirth, but RobinJay is still the best.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Red Hood may have grown on me thanks to Rebirth, but RobinJay is still the best.
    I have much love for RobinJay. Jason was, after all, the one wearing the Robin suit when I started buying comics regularly even if Dick was still Robin in the first Batman comic I read.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

The first Robin I`ve read was Jay in the story where the Penguin is looking to reform and has a valentine that vouches for him. Jason sitting waiting for Batman at the parole twice with Bruce coming out looking furious with him just replying "went bad, huh?" made me an instant fan.

He had quite the innocent/shy moments like uttering words real fast like any real kid would to get out of detention but mostly he brought a keen commitmentl of sass you had to applaud.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yeah, that sass was what drew me to the character.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

The sass on this kid.

Nobody pats me pal, unless it`s pointy ears

It was foretold. Red bucket.

BANNED

And what if Crane`s fear was the Red Hood? Oh Dayum!

The sass on this kid.

Nobody pats me pal, unless it`s pointy ears
    Sassy robin Jay was the best. I can't even name a fav moment but him on that babydate with Carla as Bats interrogated in the back of a bar comes close.

First time I saw a comic that didn't treat prostitute characters like subhumans and I remember that scene really stuck with me about Bruce and Jason