Page 49 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Um, that is EXACTLY what happened, although it wasn't "because Red is cool" it was to give all the Robins a thematic connection.
    That gives the symbol a even bigger meaning that the one you insist it doesn't have. I heted that they put Nightwing in red for the reason. They don't want people to forget they are in a way forever sidekicks.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 02-19-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    That gives the symbol a even bigger meaning that the one you insist it doesn't have. I heted that they put Nightwing in red for the reason. They don't want people to forget they are in a way forever sidekicks.
    You're mixing marketing reasons with in story ones.

BANNED

You're mixing marketing reasons with in story ones.
    It's still a stupid reason. I didn't read Nightwing, but I'm pretty sure they eventually had him stop wearing red. Even if they didn't, he's not wearing red now, but green. Regardless with how involved these guys are in Bruce's problems, we don't need a huge red neon sign on Jason's chest that tells us he works for Batman/is a member of his orphan army; we know this.

So yeah, whether it's story, or marketing purposes, the design is forced, and unneeded. Similar to when they had Jason wear a helmet and cape similar to Joker's RH costume. We know he stole the persona from Joker, but he doesn't need that helmet, or cape, as if to as say " remember this from before?!". We don't need a giant red bat on Jason's chest to know he works with Batman sometimes.

You talked about him being his own guy, and not being in Bats's shadow, yet you defend this forced design that only serves to remind us that he was, and (for the foreseeable future) will always be a robin.
    Last edited by HeWhoSlapsAll; 02-19-2015 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    It's still a stupid reason. I didn't read Nightwing, but I'm pretty sure they eventually had him stop wearing red. Even if they didn't, he's not wearing red now, but green. Regardless with how involved these guys are in Bruce's problems, we don't need a huge red neon sign on Jason's chest that tells us he works for Batman/is a member of his orphan army; we know this.

So yeah, whether it's story, or marketing purposes, the design is forced, and unneeded. Similar to when they had Jason wear a helmet and cape similar to Joker's RH costume. We know he stole the persona from Joker, but he doesn't need that helmet, or cape, as if to as say " remember this from before?!". We don't need a giant red bat on Jason's chest to know he works with Batman sometimes.

You talked about him being his own guy, and not being in Bats's shadow, yet you defend this forced design that only serves to remind us that he was, and (for the foreseeable future) will always be a robin.
    During all the time Dick used the Nightwing persona on the N52 he wore red. This fas fact was weaved by Lobdell into the in story explanation for the change since Jason's armor was one of Dick's.

Jason does need a symbol if DC wants to keep him as a comercially viable character and well, it seems to me that only you guys are the ones that think the design is un needed and forced. DC is pushing it as Jason's de facto look on all the merchandise he has and a quick glance over fan produced work shows that everyone's incredibly happy with the design. While most of the time they use the Pre N52 design for all the other Robins, Jason is consistently depicted with the Rocafort's design.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Personally, I like the Rocafort design much better than any of his other previous designs. I like that it's visually distinctive from the previous ones and the red bat symbol just makes it clear to other characters in the DCU that he is sanctioned by Batman. Neither Dick or Tim need that visual because neither of them are "black sheep". I agree that old readers may not need the visual but I believe that a new reader might and that the other characters within the DCU do need it as a reminder.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-19-2015 at 11:37 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I think if they wanted him to have a symbol so bad they could've been a little more creative.If I walked down the street in a t-shiit of a red Bat symbol most people aren't gonna think Jason Todd.I didn't even think the reasons Lobdell gave him wearing for wearing the bat symbol was a good one.If this is DC's way of marketing Jason they made a poor decision in my opinion.Jason is my favorite guy from DC but him wearing a Batman's symbol on his chest makes no sense charater wise.Business wise,I guess so.I've gotten used to it anyways.

Extraordinary Member

The Arkham Knight design for Red Hood uses what could be called a scarred bird sigil positioned and designed in mockery of the Bat symbol. I kind of like that.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The Arkham Knight design for Red Hood uses what could be called a scarred bird sigil positioned and designed in mockery of the Bat symbol. I kind of like that.
    I like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I like that.
    The mockery look is very much more like Jason would have, instead of being a good little stooge like the others.

Scarred Bird?

I'm seeing the art that came with the DC Multiverse figure and is virtually identical to N52's Jason's emblem. The only difference is that this version lacks the Bat-ears.

By the way:

http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles...clusive/118019
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 02-20-2015 at 09:45 PM.

BANNED

Scarred Bird?

I'm seeing the art that came with the DC Multiverse figure and is virtually identical to N52's Jason's emblem. The only difference is that this version lacks the Bat-ears.

By the way:

At least it's not a bat. However, still, a mockery of a bird symbol, or even a bat symbol, would fit his personality more, and it's more representative of the character IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Marketing 101.

Every super related character wears the logo and/or the colors in some shape or form. Jason is part of the Bat group, hence the logo. I think some of you are missing perhaps one of the story twists of Jason not being defined by what he wears. Wearing the logo or not doesn`t make him more of a soldier that he already is at heart (discounting acting like a lunatic pre-reboot) or will always be.

How much of a soldier he is? He gets called when something big happens (always and with pretty much no exception save one instance that ended being big anyway). That`s the geist of it. He`s the lone wolf of the gang that shows up when sh!t snaps. He sometimes gets in touch, but it`s not the norm for him, so he does so usually in the aftermaths of said situations. But as Alfred said to him, the Manor is also a home for him, no matter what Bruce claims.

Jason wearing the band can be interpretated in many forms, given his character. It`s a bit of a slap in the face (think Cusak playing "In Your Eyes" by the window - which is not a romantic scene as many believe, in the movie "Say Anything - it`s actually about defiance) it`s a bit of dark humor ("I was once one in a merry band until someone killed me") but it`s also, and I truly see it written on scenes, about respect. And here is where Kori`s words ring true. Jason outgrowing prior rages or obesessions about Gotham and Bruce, includes him accepting (and even being okay) that once he was happy in the Manor, even if today he grew past it. It`s accepting and respecting the person he was, despite what happened.

That`s one of the differences now. By not being angry anymore, Jason moves on without shunning his past.

By the way, not only did Dick wear the blue/red, his logo design was supposed to emulate the bat simbol on his chest and shoulders. I thought this was well known by now.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ing_by_89g.png
    http://www.dadsbigplan.com/wp-conten...-nightwing.jpg

Think Goku standardly wearing the Kame symbol on his back despite not being a student anymore. It`s visual marketing.

and hey, the Hood is more well known by his helmet and jacket design anyway
    Last edited by Aioros22; 02-21-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Scarred Bird?

By the way:

I ordered the figure last week.It's awesome.I'd like him to where that outfit regularly.I like the hoodie a lot.

At least it's not a bat. However, still, a mockery of a bird symbol, or even a bat symbol, would fit his personality more, and it's more representative of the character IMO.
    I would agree with that as well

Better look at the figure

Interesting that there's absolutely no showing of his face, potential spoiler?