Page 491 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591991 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 15150
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    Gosh I totally underestimated Soy's passion for this character... How lucky to have such an artist for Jason

And the Batman here looks good, too (AK version?)
    Yep. I love Soy's art on RHATO
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I like the idea of collabs and art trades. Hummm.
    The threeway collabs were such a trend but also really fun too. Everyone sketches one pic, lines one pic and colors one pic and you get three drawings with 3 styles each. I think I saw one for gotham sirens with this and the final outcome's real neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    and I don't why Jason is even there if he's only used for jokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    To make the other look good, like always when he appears in Batman books
    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So we've got Jason looking like an idiot to make the others look better to piss off his fans,

He is roughousing with a dog
    Last edited by Caivu; 09-22-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post

And what? That is something we should be happy about?

He doesn't even get a reaction panel to whatever Alfred tells them on the last page of the preview, being relegated to sulking like a spoiled child on the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    And what? That is something we should be happy about?
    I'm confused as to what the problem is.

He doesn't even get a reaction panel to whatever Alfred tells them on the last page of the preview, being relegated to sulking like a spoiled child on the background.
    Uh... yes, he does. It's just not a close-up (he's in the middle-ground).
    Last edited by Caivu; 09-22-2017 at 10:13 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Extraordinary Member

I'm confused as to what the problem is.
    The problem is that most of us don't like how Jason s written/treated when he appears in Batoffice titles, and this looks like that want change.

I think its more the context than the actual panel thats getting people on edge. Tom King hasnt written Jason before as anything more than a dope, and this isnt quelling those fears. My hope is that Jason and Ace will bond and we can put that twitter mess to rest. :P Btw does anyone know if theres a longer version of that coloured preview out? I think I saw some more pages somewhere but all I can find is the one panel of Ace wanting belly rubs on TKs twitter.

The problem is that most of us don't like how Jason s written/treated when he appears in Batoffice titles, and this looks like that want change.
    What are you talking about? How can this scene possibly make you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I think its more the context than the actual panel thats getting people on edge. Tom King hasnt written Jason before as anything more than a dope, and this isnt quelling those fears.
    Losing at tug-of-war against a German Shepherd makes him look dopey? I for one don't think so.
    Last edited by Caivu; 09-23-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Sorry I meant "and this looks like that won't change."
    Last edited by Aahz; 09-23-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Losing at tug-of-war against a German Shepherd makes him look dopey? I for one don't think so.
    How many of the other Batfamily members you see act like that?

And if we take Jasons last appearances in written by King as a reference, it is very unlikely that he will do much else that book.
    Last edited by Aahz; 09-23-2017 at 01:27 AM.

I didnt say it made him look dopey. I said that previous text made him look dopey and that this doesnt seem to be a change of pace. Its not straying far from previous depictions. King uses Jason as comic relief. The dopey jock and nothing more. Having him compete with a dog in a game of tug and war would be a cute scenario if it wasnt for the more eye rollying bitter context of the writing plus the previous 'dopey' depictions of the character that came with it.

Extraordinary Member

And that you have basically every other characters (two of them younger than Jason) eye rolling about Jason behaviour doesn't make it much better.

Extraordinary Member

Here that's for example way better, you have a cute scene of the Batkids with the pets without anyone looking like a dope.

Here that's for example way better, you have a cute scene of the Batkids with the pets without anyone looking like a dope.

Well now its because that scene was written in a sincere effort to give the kids and pets bonding time, where as this scene is from a writer attempting to flex his power over a stupid twitter debuncle towards fans. Its no different than when filmmakers add film critic characters to their movies only for those characters to be killed off in horrible ways. Its petty. And maybe King will surprise me by attempting to give any sort of depth to Jason as a character but Im doubtful.

Nice as this new art is, the sad part is that it potentially has more Jason and Cass interaction then we're gonna be getting in the current arc.

Attachment 55060
    Awww thats adorable, gosh I forget how much I miss Cass's expressive mask. Seriously I hope theres SOMETHING in this arc between them, a small exchange? Anything. I've been dying for these two to interact for a decade now.

So we've got Jason looking like an idiot to make the others look better to piss off his fans, Cass being excluded to piss off her fans, and Duke being there instead of Tim (albeit for obvious reasons, but even so) to piss off his fans, all the while, apart from the art just being unappealing in general, Dick and Damian aren't being presented in any negative way.

So basically it's business as usual for DC. They really should just hang up a neon sign in the BatCave saying "WE HATE THE MIDDLE BATKIDS" one of these days.
    Yeah, business as usual, I don't really know if its a hate thing, but I feel confident enough in saying that clearly the majority of writers dont really care for the middle bat kids one way or another. Not much fuss is being kicked over getting a chance to write for them, you know besides the obvious handful of writers who are already writing them as mains in their books.
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-23-2017 at 08:11 AM.