Page 514 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I'm sure some of you guys are already following this blog but the newest entry is such a good read I have to recommend it.

Drawing Parallels: Arsenal and Bizarro

Thoughts?
    I didn't initially think that scene with Biz had much weight in it, more of an afterthought but the blog brings up a good point.

I couldn't resist so having read the review for #15...
    spoilers:
    If Bizarro knows the identity of the cloaked man and still keeps it a secret intentionally then oh man is this gonna hurt.

It insanely doesn't help that more than trust issues, Jason also seems to have issues regarding his own agency. With his history there's a lot of gray areas with how much of Jason's own decisions truly belong to himself. Saving mom was a manipulation of Joker's that led to his death, Talia arguably needed him to feel a certain way about Bruce after she picked him up and there's always going to be a reminder that there's two presences occupying his mind, one being the Lazarus pit. Maybe even on a meta level, his death never gets to be about how he felt, more about how it affected Bruce.

Jason clearly also felt it was his responsibility to be a guiding figure too, anything Bizarro does that can hurt him even unintentionally he's just going to double back onto himself for not being better for Biz.

Is it bad I'd actually like it if they go this direction? Bizarro's temporary genius could've easily been used solely as a tool to set up some tech for the new guest books but we're instead seeing what Bizarro's character is like when he's holding the most power within the outlaw's dynamic. His heart is never going into the wrong place but the things he does just scream of inexperience navigating through life and I'm reminded that his entire world currently is likely just his two reds.(Not a lot of social interaction to be had as war criminals) He got protective, he just wants the best for his reds and that's the most organic development possible that can result in him overstepping on one of Jason's boundaries.

I've got no doubt if this does happen and creates tension, the outlaws will still find a way to come out of it better and more whole than before but wow is this going to be a rocky ride.
    end of spoilers

@Kiwi: Ah, inexperiened Bizarro, exactly! Yes to everything you say! Regardless of how much hurt they (and we tbh) are going to be in for, it is something that needs to happen. And if they manage to do it first before the Batfamily has any real heart-to-heart talk with Jason, well...

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    I didn't initially think that scene with Biz had much weight in it, more of an afterthought but the blog brings up a good point.

I couldn't resist so having read the review for #15...
    spoilers:
    If Bizarro knows the identity of the cloaked man and still keeps it a secret intentionally then oh man is this gonna hurt.

It insanely doesn't help that more than trust issues, Jason also seems to have issues regarding his own agency. With his history there's a lot of gray areas with how much of Jason's own decisions truly belong to himself. Saving mom was a manipulation of Joker's that led to his death, Talia arguably needed him to feel a certain way about Bruce after she picked him up and there's always going to be a reminder that there's two presences occupying his mind, one being the Lazarus pit. Maybe even on a meta level, his death never gets to be about how he felt, more about how it affected Bruce.

Jason clearly also felt it was his responsibility to be a guiding figure too, anything Bizarro does that can hurt him even unintentionally he's just going to double back onto himself for not being better for Biz.

Is it bad I'd actually like it if they go this direction? Bizarro's temporary genius could've easily been used solely as a tool to set up some tech for the new guest books but we're instead seeing what Bizarro's character is like when he's holding the most power within the outlaw's dynamic. His heart is never going into the wrong place but the things he does just scream of inexperience navigating through life and I'm reminded that his entire world currently is likely just his two reds.(Not a lot of social interaction to be had as war criminals) He got protective, he just wants the best for his reds and that's the most organic development possible that can result in him overstepping on one of Jason's boundaries.

I've got no doubt if this does happen and creates tension, the outlaws will still find a way to come out of it better and more whole than before but wow is this going to be a rocky ride.
    end of spoilers
    I agree with everything you say here. Very nicely put. Man is this going to be a bumpy ride.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Per this comment and this tweet, Red Hood will be in the Batman anime film titled "Batman Ninja."

He was not in the trailer, though.
    Nice! I was already interested in the movie and Red Hood being in it made more excited.

I'm glad that Jason started to show up more in the media lately (in good media no less and not the awful DCAU movies).

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Nice! I was already interested in the movie and Red Hood being in it made more excited.

I'm glad that Jason started to show up more in the media lately (in good media no less and not the awful DCAU movies).
    Hey!!! Rise, welcome back! Stick around this time.

Batboys pixels from http://avathion.tumblr.com/

Robin Jay is my favorite of the bunch.

Hey!!! Rise, welcome back! Stick around this time.
    Hey, G! And thank you . Hopefully, I will.

Extraordinary Member

Red Lantern Jason by vgmondo.deviantart.com
    Red isn't my choice for Jason but he looks damn fine with it. What color you guys think suits him the most?

I'm not great Lantern Expert, but I think pre flashpoint red would have been quite fitting, during UTRH Yellow could also fit and Green is imo an option that works for most heroic characters. The current version is harder to pin down imo.

But it seems anyway that there isn't just one answer when it comes to Lantern Cores, a good part of the Green Lantern characters have afaik been in more than one core and in the animated series there was for example Razer who started as Red Lantern and it was iirc at least implied in the final episode that he switched to blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Its what he deserves.

Also I love the inclusion of the framed photo.

(I think they wanna ensure he stays on the book) XD

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But it seems anyway that there isn't just one answer when it comes to Lantern Cores, a good part of the Green Lantern characters have afaik been in more than one core and in the animated series there was for example Razer who started as Red Lantern and it was iirc at least implied in the final episode that he switched to blue.
    Ahhh you've got a point there.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-08-2017 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    He specifically called them Jason's fan. Hope his experience with the book and the fans continue to be a great one.

Injustice 2 Red Hood model was shared by Min Kian, one of his artists.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8dqaQ