Page 52 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Newcomer to this thread. I was browsing through here and it seems like everyone hates RHATO. Am I really the only one that absolutely loves this series? I think it's a fun title. There's a balance between gritty, comedy & action. Roy and Jason play off of each other nicely. And I also feel like that New 52 Starfire is stronger (not physically) than her pre-52 self. The christmas issue was well done.
    Welcome and no you're not the only one who loves RHatO. I love it as well and think its been a pretty fun title. It's also gone a long way toward making all three of them stronger characters. The title actually got me to care about Starfire for the first time ever and I like the way the three of them play off each other.I also like that this title can jump from one genre to another and that it has a bit of balance to it as you say. I'm looking forward to the next series and because I've gotten to like Kori through Outlaws I'll be giving her solo a try.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Red Hood could carry a SOLO book.

Newcomer to this thread. I was browsing through here and it seems like everyone hates RHATO. Am I really the only one that absolutely loves this series? I think it's a fun title. There's a balance between gritty, comedy & action. Roy and Jason play off of each other nicely. And I also feel like that New 52 Starfire is stronger (not physically) than her pre-52 self. The christmas issue was well done.
    I think a few things happened with regard to RHATO. First, lots of people just really, really don't like Scott Lobdell for all sorts of reasons, and that to a certain extent spills over into his titles. Secondly, Tynion's run was profoundly unsuccessful and readership dropped off sharply and continued to hemorrhage even after Lobdell returned. Thirdly, given the low and declining readership, that set off a vigorous debate about what went wrong and what to do next that became passionate and revealed that people have profoundly different views about Jason Todd and his place in the DCU and, especially, the BatVerse.

Spectacular Member

You're not the only one, I'm pretty sure no one one Earth loves the title more than Dark Tzitzimine. While it is a polarizing series and never really shaped up to what DC wanted the title to be, RHATO has a VERY passionate fanbase especially compared to the books it sells close to, and that I respect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I think a few things happened with regard to RHATO. First, lots of people just really, really don't like Scott Lobdell for all sorts of reasons, and that to a certain extent spills over into his titles. Secondly, Tynion's run was profoundly unsuccessful and readership dropped off sharply and continued to hemorrhage even after Lobdell returned. Thirdly, given the low and declining readership, that set off a vigorous debate about what went wrong and what to do next that became passionate and revealed that people have profoundly different views about Jason Todd and his place in the DCU and, especially, the BatVerse.
    Yeah, the series had two major moments that hit it bad as far as sales (and quality) go.

1- Rocafort leaving. I think the series was supposed to have uh... the guy who did the first issue of Morrison's Mister Miracle, which would've been great, but he dropped out last minute. Silva came on in the end and did a pretty good job, though.
    2- Tynion coming on. Virtually everything this guy has touched turned into a trainwreck when Snyder's not there as well, so I'm really not looking forward to him handling all of my favourite magical characters after Convergence, especially John.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Welcome and no you're not the only one who loves RHatO. I love it as well and think its been a pretty fun title. It's also gone a long way toward making all three of them stronger characters.
    Especially Jason. I never cared for him even a little before his regular interaction with Roy and Kori. They bring out the best in him, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm looking forward to the next series and because I've gotten to like Kori through Outlaws I'll be giving her solo a try.
    Me, too!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Csjbo08 View Post
    You're not the only one, I'm pretty sure no one one Earth loves the title more than Dark Tzitzimine. While it is a polarizing series and never really shaped up to what DC wanted the title to be, RHATO has a VERY passionate fanbase especially compared to the books it sells close to, and that I respect.

What really made me pay attention to the title was the massive support on Tumblr. The power of social media is not to be overlooked.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

What really made me pay attention to the title was the massive support on Tumblr. The power of social media is not to be overlooked.
    Now that's interesting. Tumblr being Tumblr is one of the hugest and loudest detracttors of the book. For one post praising it, you get 10 bashing it.

Welcome my friend. I LOVE the book. Jason Todd has been one of my favorite characters since I was a kid. I actually got a whoopin for calling the number to save his life. You gotta ask permission first lol. You are not the only one that LOVES this series. It has had it's lows, but what series hasn't. Glad to hear you're digging it. Jason Todd is an amazing character and I have every comic he has ever appeared in. They are only 3 characters I like more than Jason Todd and too see how far he has come really really makes me proud.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

I like it best when Lobdell is writing it.

GET HYPE

RED HOOD/ARSENAL #1
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    Art by DENIS MEDRI
    Cover by HOWARD PORTER
    1:25 Variant cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
    On sale JUNE 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    These brothers in arms face off against incredible odds while burning their way through the underbelly of the DC Universe – and it’s only a matter of time until they get gunned down in return!

BANNED

Holy S**t!!!!!

And ha! The hat is still there. *sticks out tongue*

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    GET HYPE

RED HOOD/ARSENAL #1
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    Art by DENIS MEDRI
    Cover by HOWARD PORTER
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    These brothers in arms face off against incredible odds while burning their way through the underbelly of the DC Universe – and it’s only a matter of time until they get gunned down in return!
    WOW! This looks glorious!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    GET HYPE

RED HOOD/ARSENAL #1
    Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    Art by DENIS MEDRI
    Cover by HOWARD PORTER
    Seems like they're going Red and Green for primaries. Nothing wrong with that.

And now that its just a buddy cop show, I hope the interactions are even better than ever. Also can't wait to see the supporting cast.

I do find funny Jason getting an actual Red Hood. They really want to solidify as brand I guess.

Now just ditch the stupid expressive helmet and we are golden.