Page 525 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535575625 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Bah, all it keeps Jason is plot bad luck and Toni drunk Daniel.
    I don't know anything about this Tony Daniel you spoke of....... *aggressive denial*

A nice little write-up about Jason from TheTVType to help you all feel good.

http://www.thetvtype.com/red-hood-hope/

Jason Todd’s history and present is one that sticks with many DC Comics readers as the anti-hero of DC. However, I found a hero that has shown what it’s truly like to go through an accurate healing process.

Mighty Member

I always like it when people either blame Bruce or Dick when a family member does something stupid and wrong. Like it's their responsibility to dictate the lives of other, some of them are adults like Jason. It also shows an over reliance to these two to fix and maintain the family. Maybe we should be angry how writers portray the other Bat family members as easily corrupted and morally weak. You know... just maybe Dick can not be the only Robin who does not evolve to a Batman who kills.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I always like it when people either blame Bruce or Dick when a family member does something stupid and wrong. Like it's their responsibility to dictate the lives of other, some of them are adults like Jason. It also shows an over reliance to these two to fix and maintain the family. Maybe we should be angry how writers portray the other Bat family members as easily corrupted and morally weak. You know... just maybe Dick can not be the only Robin who does not evolve to a Batman who kills.
    Is this in regard to the Tec issue or something else?
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-12-2017 at 05:41 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Is this in regard to the Tec issue or anything else?
    The 'Tec issue is a recent example, but it's pretty much a mainstay idea in the Bat family fandom. Whenever something bad happens, it's Bruce's fault no matter what. Whenever it's not Bruce fault, it's Dick fault because he is next in line to Bruce. It's something rarely discussed and just used time and time again to force drama.

The 'Tec issue is a recent example, but it's pretty much a mainstay idea in the Bat family fandom. Whenever something bad happens, it's Bruce's fault no matter what. Whenever it's not Bruce fault, it's Dick fault because he is next in line to Bruce. It's something rarely discussed and just used time and time again to force drama.
    What stupid and wrong thing that was done and subsequentially blamed on Dick?

On the Tec issue, Dick doesn't look good because it looks like he basically washes his hands of the whole mess, gets himself a nice happy ending while the rest of the family's lives go to ****. He doesn't dictate their lives, sure, but would you stay in your happy bubble if you know your family is out there being killed off/broken beyond hope? The complains happen because Dick as fans know it should be better than this, and Tynion is basically doing a disservice to the character. To be fair though, if it had been anyone else instead of Dick, they wouldn't look any better either. What you get for being a family.

If there are any other occasions, you need to list them out here first.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-12-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I always like it when people either blame Bruce or Dick when a family member does something stupid and wrong. Like it's their responsibility to dictate the lives of other, some of them are adults like Jason.
    If Dick steps down from being Batman, it is his responsibility to find the right successor.
    And if one Batfamily member turns evil it is imo the responsibility of the rest to stop him.

You know... just maybe Dick can not be the only Robin who does not evolve to a Batman who kills.
    Didn't he become something similar in New Order?

Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Carpe Diem
    Just saw this on twitter. This made me sad already damnnnn.

There's actually really little I can think of that people pin on Dick, this feels more like a Bruce issue but even then I can't say Bruce takes no fault because all of his Robins were minors or kids at best when they took on the job and that will result in a lot of responsibility pinned to Bruce for a lot of readers.

I don't see anyone calling it Dick's fault either for Tec but it's undeniable his character took a beating. He's not responsible for other peoples decision but his own decision that family stuff got too hard and that he let Damian, who at the time would've been 13, to go off the rails definitely says unsavoury things.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I'm curious to know who are your favorite writters for Jason and who, in your opinion who gets his voice better?

And when it comes to the other Robin, what kind of dynamic you would like to see?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm curious to know who are your favorite writters for Jason and who, in your opinion who gets his voice better?

And when it comes to the other Robin, what kind of dynamic you would like to see?
    Lobdell>Countdown's Writing Team>Greg Pak>Winnick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>Everyone Else>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tynion

With Dick: A respectful and tense relationship, they really don't like each other but they can put their differences aside and trust each other's skills when the situation calls for it

With Tim: Brotherly bond, the only one besides Bruce and Alfred that Jason truly trusts.

With Damian: A mentor of sorts, mature and willing to endure Damian's childish outbursts but calling him out when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post

1-Lobdell for getting Jason on a deeper level than most, his ideas, and direction for him.

2-Winnick for a sharper voice and showcase of Jason's skills/cunning.

3-Countdown team for the Challengers dynamics (as well as being the brain of that team), taking Jason to the multiverses, JayBat, that Earth where Bruce killed for him and its outcome.

4-Greg Pak for making Jason his own man even in the presence of Bats and Supes. Solid voice, has his own agency, a good fighter.

5-Lee Bermejo for that one redeeming issue of RW.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-12-2017 at 10:46 AM.

For the dynamics with other Robins, there are quite a lot that I don't think I can get all of them out at once. At the top of my head, I'd like Jason to share the mentor role with Dick to the younger robins as well as the other younger Bats, being the oldest two and having different approaches should make it interesting to see how the younger ones react to them.

For Dick, more like the annual would be good for me. Just making up for lost time and getting to really know each other.

Then, with Damian, I'd like them to bond in someway that involves Talia.

For Tim, anything other than the brain/brawn combo.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-12-2017 at 09:47 PM.