Page 532 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 32432482522528529530531532533534535536542582632 ... LastLast
Results 7,966 to 7,980 of 15150
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    As much as I liked Winick I always cringe thinking about some of his decisions and subtle stuff he wanted . Like the child prostitution and implying Jason had some attraction towards Bruce. That can stay in the toilet with Devin Grayson's ideas.
    Was that from BotC? Actually it made Bruce look really bad. He couldn't make it to discuss it with Jason face to face in a personal conversation. Instead he used hologram after his death to openly reveal Jason's "dark secret" in front of everyone. That's really... bad...
    Last edited by magpieM; 10-13-2017 at 02:35 PM.

That both him and Mia were homeless kids who done things they weren't proud of. Jason used to steal and it something he wasn't happy about and Mia sold her body. Nowhere it was hinted whatever you thought of.

And I don't care about what Daniel intended or didn't. His story was pretty terrible and has nothing to do with Winnick or anyone else for that matter.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    A what? Don't mix tumblr messed up headcanons with actual canon because Winnick never intended that.

And don't bring GA as proof because Jason never meant what some people for some reason wrongly thought.
    The only thing I can remember was when Winnick was asked if Jason was bisexual

SL: Is he (Jason) a little bisexual?

JW: That was the first time we’ve ever saw him mess around with anybody. Truth is, I haven’t really thought about it. I think about Jason in a lot of other ways. You might put him in bed, I don’t do that. That was the only time I thought about him having sex because she wanted to.

SL: Oh, I put him in bed! No, really —

JW: I’m totally dodging the question. This is me ducking the question. There’s things we can talk about and there’s things we can’t talk about, there’s things that DC Comics doesn’t like me talking about and they don’t like us talking about things like that, so I don’t want to answer that, thank you.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/podca...01-11/1600-92/

Mighty Member

Even if it wasn't the intent, it's how it came across. Of course both those stories were terrible, but people didn't pick up the idea from nowhere.

Still, is quite different if what Devin Grayson did (or Seely for that matter).

I don't know what the point you trying to make by quoting that interview Dark since I know about it. It has nothing to do with anything except Winnick didn't want to get himself in any unnecessary troubles because we live in a world where confirming a some random character is straight that means you are bigot which I unfortunately has seen people harassing others over this in social media. Unless he flat out admitted that he did intend to do that like Devin admitted that Dick was supposedly bi, you can't really use this as a proof.

And to Alycat, it didn't come across like that to me and many others.
    Last edited by Rise; 10-13-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I don't know what the point you trying to make by quoting that interview Dark since I know about it. It has nothing to do with anything except Winnick didn't want to get himself in any unnecessary troubles because we live in a world where confirming a some random character is straight that means you are bigot which I unfortunately has seen people harassing others over this in social media. Unless he flat out admitted that he did intend to do that like Devin admitted that Dick was supposedly bi, you can't really use this as a proof.

And to Alycat, it didn't come across like that to me and many others.
    Only that is the only time Winnick has touched the topic of Jason's sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Only that is the only time Winnick has touched the topic of Jason's sexuality.
    Funny thing, I remember someone saying that there's interview with Winnick confirmed Jason is bi, but still till this day can't prove it
    Last edited by Rise; 10-13-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Mighty Member

I didn't say it was some definite thing. Just a combination of factors that made it seem like that from the writing. Nothing like now, where Lobdell has clearly debunked these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I didn't say it was some definite thing. Just a combination of factors that made it seem like that from the writing. Nothing like now, where Lobdell has clearly debunked these things.
    Lobdell is a treasure

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Lobdell is a treasure

Holy...Shots fired!

Spectacular Member

It blows my mind that people don't understand dark, edgy guy humor when it comes to Jason.

Fantastic Member

Has anyone here seen the t.v. show shameless the character of Frank Gallagher from there is how I've always imagined willis todd to be like has anyone else ever thought that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    Was that from BotC? Actually it made Bruce look really bad. He couldn't make it to discuss it with Jason face to face in a personal conversation. Instead he used hologram after his death to openly reveal Jason's "dark secret" in front of everyone. That's really... bad...
    Where are people getting this idea there was any kind of sexual innuendo between Jason and Bruce in Pre Flashpoint stories set after UTRH? Bruce`s message in BOTC (written by Tony Daniel) was supposed to echo Jason`s earlier words to Mia in Green Arrow by Winnick. That he, like her, most likely did more than steal to survive in the streets. The implication Daniel flew with was that Jason had also been in the prostitution market.

Any merit such a concept could have in theory would require a great writer to juggle with finesse, which was hardly the case. It painted Jason a broken character who never had the chance because was damaned from the get go, painted Dick and Tim utter assholes because they saw the message and still acted like they had no idea why someone would flip over like that given the context and most of all paints Bruce as a severily inept sadistic trolling of a father, nevermind a human being.

That being said, in the old days Batman and Robin did have some innuendo, on purpose or otherwise (I say this because truly it`s hard to believe how some panels weren`t supposed to get a reaction out of readers) which led to perceptions like the ever popular sexual infatuation of the dinamic duo in popular culture.

BANNED

And to end the night in cool trivia, here`s Pre Crisis Jason with his original costume

https://bobbenkatzen.deviantart.com/