Page 54 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Daidouji, a character from the Senran Kagura series of videogames

Is this woman carrying around a haunch of meat?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Is this woman carrying around a haunch of meat?
    Yes

Although only on that art

BANNED

Those shoes SUCK!

Exclamation Cirque du Darkness

The turn that Jason Todd makes from Robin into the Red Hood really suggests that one of the social spores plaguing Batman's brooding Gotham City is 'happiness distrust.'

In this ironic way, Jason is really a representative of Gotham's 'fragility' perhaps even more so than the Joker himself...

red-hood.jpg

BANNED

There is nothing fragile about a guy who can claw his way out of a six-foot grave.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abishai100 View Post
    Jason is really a representative of Gotham's 'fragility' perhaps even more so than the Joker himself...
    I can absolutely see this.

BANNED

Tim Drake is "fragile" and very, very "precious." Jason is not. He was a real man when he was in diapers. Jason rocks.

Exclamation Zsasz/Todd: Fight or Flight

Jason Todd is under-appreciated and under-used and certainly he should have made some kind of appearance in one of the Batman films made by Hollywood (USA).

Jason's turn from Robin into the Red Hood represents a real Gotham City fixation on criminality ominousness.

I'd like to see Jadon Todd (perhaps as the Red Hood) take a heroic turn and take on a really creep of a villain such as Victor Zsasz in a Batman Hollywood (USA) film (perhaps directed by someone like Bryan Singer and starring an entertaining actor such as Ashton Kutcher portraying Jason).

There's nothing wrong with a little bit of 'fight club' drama...

Victor Zsasz

zsasz.jpg

jason.jpg

BANNED

Ashton Kutcher? 'Way too comedic and easy-going. Need somebody edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Tim Drake is "fragile" and very, very "precious." Jason is not. He was a real man when he was in diapers. Jason rocks.
    I agree!!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Jason represents Gotham's fragility the same way a lot of other Gotham's heroes do. He's a victim of bad circumstances much in the same way pretty much the entirety of Gotham is. Bruce, Dick, and Tim all turned out stronger for it as did Jason.

Jason isn't some uni-dimensional, muscle bound meat head, teeth-grinding Punisher wannabe (or at least he shouldn't be when written well).
    Last edited by phonogram12; 03-25-2015 at 07:37 PM.

BANNED

Hmm...

Having just re-read the awesome Killing Joke, just finished reading Remender's Rage of Ultron, and seeing as we've still yet to get the Nu52 Death in the Family, and Under the Hood, story arcs...I think it'd be a really awesome idea if we got both those stories retold in an OGN. I also think that someone in the vein of a Rick Remender, or the man himself, should write it. Leading up to DitF, and during UtH, Jason is in a very, very dark place. I think an author, like Remender, could really delve into the ugliness of Jason's insatiable anger, the cynical nature of Jason, and the ugly moments of his life. We'd also get a truly visceral depiction of the Gotham underworld (I'm looking at works such as Deadly Class, and Last American Crime). The Killing Joke influence comes in the form of making the whole situation with Jason kind of a recreation of what he tried to pull off with Jim Gordon, and Babs. Only this time, the point is to make Jason give in to madness (a combination of the Joker having a seemingly direct hand in screwing up Jason's family, and life, and the torture of both Jason, and his mother, in that abandoned warehouse); to prove that despite Batman's best efforts, everyone is susceptible to insanity that life's unfairness can bring about at times. In my mind, this is when Joker figures out Batman's identity; as he sees that Jason is the boy he took some much pleasure in f***ing with in the past. To him, it's two for the price of one. I'd also have him record the days, or weeks, in which he both physically, emotionally, and mentally, tortured Jason (and his mom), and show it to Batman after the funeral (a different take, but still call back to TKJ, and the camera). I wonder how Bruce would rationalize his restraint towards the joker, if he'd seen what Joker had done to Jason, as well as knew how influential the madman was in Jason's life. In the end, Jason does break, and gives into the madness...but not the madness the Joker was necessarily aiming for. It'd be birth of the detached, cold, calculating, obsessive, hateful and murderous Jason that would eventually don the Red Hood. He agrees with the Joker that world is cruel, but, instead of seeing the "funny side", he decides that he has to change to fit it: he going to kill everything that's screwing up Gotham, but he promises to kill the Joker. I can see him smirking as he stares a timer on the bomb, in defiance, not in least seeing it as his end, but as a beginning. The "madness" that Ra's believes the Lazarus Pit, that he blames Talia for, would in actuality be madness that Jason died with; that the Joker successfully brought out of the boy.

I'd also keep the mother/big sister-son/little brother dynamic that Talia and Jason had in Lost Days. The two of them feeling sort of bond together in their wanting of something they never had, or couldn't receive, but in the end both intentionally denying themselves the sort of "messed up" kinship they may have held in favor of their own ambitions, both of which are centered around a grudge against Bruce.

Yes, what I'm pitching is a VERY dark book, but I think it would perfectly match the tone necessary for those two (or three, if Lost Days counts as a story on it's own) story arcs. Also,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Jason represents Gotham's fragility the same way a lot of other Gotham's heroes do. He's a victim of bad circumstances much in the same way pretty much the entirety of Gotham is. Bruce, Dick, and Tim all turned out stronger for it as did Jason.
    Yup, but, unlike the other 3, Jason actually toed, if not out right crossed, the despair horizon event. He's the embodiment that Batman's moral rationale that killing would make them "just like them (the villains)" doesn't hold true, or at least it's something that can eventually be overcome. This makes Jason potentially the best candidate to be the next Batman, or, at the very least, be a good mentor for a young sidekick, as he's the only one (besides Cass) that's lived on the other side; he knows how despair feels, he definitely knows how it feels to have that madness clawing at your mind, and how it can drive your every move...but he also knows how to overcome it.

That's why Jason is IMO, easily the most interesting character of the Bat-family (other than Cass; she's a close 2nd). The others don't understand why Jason could fall from grace, because they lived almost ideal lives before tragedy struck them. Jason's whole life is a damn tragedy.

Extraordinary Member

I honestly don't think it was worth the lives he took in the meantime. But that could just be me. I still prefer Tim as the most likely to pick up Bruce's mantle (if not Cass, that is). And just to clarify, pre-52 Tim.

edit: you know what? Post-52 I'd say that most of the former Robins are about on equal footing in terms of taking over Bruce's mantle one day. That said, as honored as Jason would be with the offer, I don't think he'd want it. He seems to be doing exactly what he wants now and wouldn't be interested in all the strings that come along with the role. At this point in time as far as understanding it is concerned, I don't think Damien gets it yet. He seems to only understand it on a very superficial level. Despite the fact that he's kept himself more in check than he has in the past lately, there's still that inclination to brutalize his opponents more than is necessary. He still seems more interested in punishing evil doers than saving lives, and despite the fact that's exactly the kind of image Bruce likes to project, he's definitely more interested in saving lives. Then there's that sense of entitlement he still clings to.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 04-03-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

HOLY ****!

I NEED IT!