Page 55 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Finally Rockafort coming to life http://i.imgur.com/GQlM3bt.png
    Last edited by Aioros22; 04-05-2015 at 12:48 PM.

I'm just thinking, in regards to Jay appearing in movies, I actually think it might be a possibility. Considering Dark Knight Returns is what Zack Snyder is heavily inspired by for the new Batman, and one of the sources mentioned for Bruce's angst in DKR is Jason's death, I think we might get a possibility of Under the Red Hood storyline in a couple of years. And it would be a good chance to utilize the Joker again cause audiences love the the Joker and the studio knows this.

I think Snyder might condense the Batfamily history and make Jason the first Robin (who would be deceased prior to BvS) and make Carrie Kelley (who's rumored to be possibly played by Jena Malone) the second Robin.

These are just some rambling thoughts, but it would be cool to see the Under the Red Hood storyline because it does have some insanely powerful moments.
    Last edited by RedQueen; 04-05-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I'm just thinking, in regards to Jay appearing in movies, I actually think it might be a possibility. Considering Dark Knight Returns is what Zack Snyder is heavily inspired by for the new Batman, and one of the sources mentioned for Bruce's angst in DKR is Jason's death, I think we might get a possibility of Under the Red Hood storyline in a couple of years. And it would be a good chance to utilize the Joker again cause audiences love the the Joker and the studio knows this.

I think Snyder might condense the Batfamily history and make Jason the first Robin (who would be deceased prior to BvS) and make Carrie Kelley (who's rumored to be possibly played by Jena Malone) the second Robin.

These are just some rambling thoughts, but it would be cool to see the Under the Red Hood storyline because it does have some insanely powerful moments.
    It's funny that you say that as the hot rumor coming from Latino Review is that Jason Todd as Red Hood will become a priority character for WB.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post

The story also serves to make Batman more human (in that he failed as mentor, and father), it brings into question the morality of having a sidekick, it serves as a time the Joker "beat" Batman, could serve as a reason why Bruce retired, it brings into question about the "thou shalt not kill" morals (Batman will confront Supes about it on his killing of Zod, but then will have this very personal incident beat him to his knees with the question again), and it will certainly have people talking about it like people did with the Nolan movies (assuming the new, potentially Affleck directed Batman movies are just as good).

It's really hit the dark, and realistic, tone that WB/DC wants to hit with their new cinematic universe, and set it COMPLETELY apart from the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Csjbo08 View Post
    It's funny that you say that as the hot rumor coming from Latino Review is that Jason Todd as Red Hood will become a priority character for WB.
    Hopefully that rumor turns out to be true, because Jason has been the Robin that's certainly not gotten the love he should be getting. Not only the most interesting Robin (very easily, imo), but, as I've already said, a character that brings a lot interesting dynamics to Batman's character (I'd say only Damian, and Cass, bring the same amount of stuff to the table).

Spectacular Member

I might be in the minority in saying this, but I think that the actor WB was in talks with to play Nightwing (which ended up being Lex Luthor) Adam Driver, would be a great Jason Todd/Red Hood. I know he's not the best looking actor out there, but I never interpreted Jason as the pretty boy Robin. Driver certainly has the presence to play him.
    Last edited by Csjbo08; 04-07-2015 at 12:30 PM.

Not to say the other Robins don't have an in depth relationship with Bruce, but it's Jason and Bruce's relationship that's where the meaty stuff is and more specifically the Joker (whom audiences just love watching) and WB could really milk a lot of drama out of it. Just story telling wise to sit through a movie of it would be great entertainment and a good batman story.

Though off topic, I do wonder whether Jena Malone might be playing Barbara Gordon, cause that was another rumor, rather than Carrie because Barbara does have history with the Joker too. Just along that line of thought that the Batman movie verse would utilise the the Joker. Like Barbara and Jason would probably represent two different reactions from traumatic experiences with the Joker.

Barbara is already confirmed for being in the Titans TV series. So I'd lean towards Jena still playing Carrie. I don't think Barbara or Dick will be in the movies as it seems DC is trying to separate the two mediums more. Like how they dropped all the Suicide Squad stuff on the TV shows to focus on creating a movie version instead.

But since Dick's character will be shoved off to the TV universe it does leave Jason wide open to be in the movies. They do seem to want to follow the Dark Knight Returns stuff and in the sequel to that they had Dick become the new Joker. So I could easily see them incorporate Jason into that role, since Dick made no sense, and mixing his death at the Joker's hands with it some. I mean he does become red Hood which is basically taking on a Joker identity. So it fits a lot more.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Except that you know, no one really likes DK Strikes Again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I liked it, but yeah, if no film, television series, or comic ever references it ever again, I can't say I will be all that disappointed.

No, I don't mean they are going to adapt it, but thematically for what they seem to be doing Jason fits a lot better in that Dark Knight Returns style universe.

BANNED

A solo Red Hood movie doesn't interest me without an archer and an alien.

BANNED

I love it and I feel no shame.

or remorse

Hopefully the rumors are true

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Mark May 6th on your calendars people

RED HOOD/ARSENAL (Written by Scott Lobdell with Art by Denis Medri)
    CONVERGENCE: TITANS #2
    Jason and Roy face off against the forces of Kobra!