Page 557 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 15150

Is it necessary to watch the first Blade Runner before jumping in?

BANNED

You`ll get the general backstory where some characters are concerned but it helps since the main plot revolves around the two mains of the first movie.

I think the sequel is well made in the sense that you don`t feel totally lost since it succeeds in being a self contained story (which it is) but directly ties to events outside of it so you`ll feel you have to, to complete some puzzles..or ask more questions

Ideally, see the original Blade before. If not, see it afterwards so you can Deja Vu. And while you`re at it, see the short movies they released a little before 2049 as well. You can find them all in YoutTube.

BANNED

Here`s a Youtube video containing all three shorts (of events placing between the two movies) in their proper order of timeline.

Enjoy

BANNED

Suddenly feeling a strong urge to re-read RobinJay stories. Gonna have to dig through the longboxes next time I head home.

BANNED

Feel free to tell us which ones you have or enjoy re-reading the most, Assam! I always treasure the Barr/Davis and Newton runs myself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I kind of doubt this, Blade Runner is just not such a big IP.
    Depends. Last revenue I`m aware of in total was around 220 million and it`s a R rated movie.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post

Here`s a Youtube video containing all three shorts (of events placing between the two movies) in their proper order of timeline.

Enjoy
    Aaah cheers! I'll be more equipped by then. Have to watch before Friday or no more chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Neat! Prefer the earlier sketches tbh. I wonder if the domino mask will be there alongside the helmet.

Second episode of the fan series Red Hood: Retcon is finally here:

First episode:

It's amazing just two episodes and they've packed so many aspects of Jason's character in it.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    It's amazing just two episodes and they've packed so many aspects of Jason's character in it.
    Watched em yesterday, rewatching again. I actually enjoyed the married couple vibe that they gave between Roy and Jason. XD

I think episode 1 got a bad rap for being too 'deadpooly' but I gotta disagree. Deadpools humour is absurd and random, where as this was more light hearted in a dangerous situation, or even rather mocking and condescending. Its meant to be their interpretation of an older Jason and I do think its not a bad way of making the character feel like he could last so many years dealing with the kind of horrible things he must see on a regular basis, without becoming a jaded monster.
    Also is it just me or does this Red Hood sound like Matthew Mcconaughey? The accent is tripping me up

Regarding the darker nature of episode 2 however, it honestly gave me such great emotional flashbacks to Lost Days, I love when the part of Jasons career as Red Hood hinging on protecting kids from the horribleness of the world is acknowledged. It was a strong enough point to mention and be clear about the consequences for even when he was a freaking drug lord. The children being used in human trafficking was the catalyst point in Lost Days that snapped him out of focusing on only his own pain. It was the one aspect of Batman Eternal that I loved, when Batgirl Red Hood and Batwoman are all working together to free a child labour factory but Jason is the only one to have such a strong emotion and revile to the whole ordeal. When he nearly kills (I think) Jason Bard was it? By dropping him, he likens the guys actions to that of an abusive parent and claims he should be punished so. Hell even in Injustice 2 its part of his dialogue to protect 'women and children' or spesifically keep them out of this danger, and in his ladder ending to 'fight for those who cannot fight for themselves' (Im paraphrasing but you get my point). Ooh, and also in Greg Paks Superman and batkids crossover, Superman/Batman also featured Jason willing to sacrifice the whole mission if it meant the children in the scenario had a better chance to survive.

I know ALL the bats want to protect children (just look at the head honcho), they are heroes after all, but the fact that they make the point so strong within Jason and always give him the strongest and most passionate reaction against child abuse makes me really happy to see. Ditto with this short film as well. Seeing that ending made me wish for a John Wickesque Red Hood film.

(Also that bonus last scene with Roy had me rolling. XD Dat Ghost reference)
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-31-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Depends. Last revenue I`m aware of in total was around 220 million and it`s a R rated movie.
    But with a budget of 150 million (without marketing), that's not great. If they are lucky they will probably make at best a little bit more than what the movie costed (a the absolute profit will very likely be smaller than what Happy Death Day made).

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    First episode:

What is this? But thank you..