Page 559 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559560561562563569609659 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 15150
    BANNED

Enter Red Hood under Murphy`s pencil is bound to be cool. So far I`m digging his designs for Bane and co.

Yes. I didn't expect Jason's fate to be unclear. Now let's see if they let the opportunity go waste or not.

BANNED

Murphy could have give it certainity and didn`t. I think he`s musing using his own Red Hood even if it`s a cameo between the inevitable Napier/Joker mental struggle. Wasn`t expecting the way he used Harley either, she was the highlight of the issue.

BANNED

Carlos D'Anda

BANNED

Master of puns is kicking your theeeeth

Hello, irony. It`s Arkham Knight again

BANNED

By the way, about White Knight. Since it`s unclear whether OG Harley left Jason with Joker in the basement when getting Batman`s help (either tied up or emotionally broke after her words) it is still possible Joker in a fit of unrequited love kills Jason and his mental struggle will be revolving around that memory over what happened in that period of time. If they go this road the best use would be of Jason showig up as Red Hood in Napier`s mind looking to kill the Joker and resulting in the inevitable breakdown at the series conclusion.

Hopefully not, just saying.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 11-01-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Watched em yesterday, rewatching again. I actually enjoyed the married couple vibe that they gave between Roy and Jason. XD

I think episode 1 got a bad rap for being too 'deadpooly' but I gotta disagree. Deadpools humour is absurd and random, where as this was more light hearted in a dangerous situation, or even rather mocking and condescending. Its meant to be their interpretation of an older Jason and I do think its not a bad way of making the character feel like he could last so many years dealing with the kind of horrible things he must see on a regular basis, without becoming a jaded monster.
    Also is it just me or does this Red Hood sound like Matthew Mcconaughey? The accent is tripping me up

Regarding the darker nature of episode 2 however, it honestly gave me such great emotional flashbacks to Lost Days, I love when the part of Jasons career as Red Hood hinging on protecting kids from the horribleness of the world is acknowledged. It was a strong enough point to mention and be clear about the consequences for even when he was a freaking drug lord. The children being used in human trafficking was the catalyst point in Lost Days that snapped him out of focusing on only his own pain. It was the one aspect of Batman Eternal that I loved, when Batgirl Red Hood and Batwoman are all working together to free a child labour factory but Jason is the only one to have such a strong emotion and revile to the whole ordeal. When he nearly kills (I think) Jason Bard was it? By dropping him, he likens the guys actions to that of an abusive parent and claims he should be punished so. Hell even in Injustice 2 its part of his dialogue to protect 'women and children' or spesifically keep them out of this danger, and in his ladder ending to 'fight for those who cannot fight for themselves' (Im paraphrasing but you get my point). Ooh, and also in Greg Paks Superman and batkids crossover, Superman/Batman also featured Jason willing to sacrifice the whole mission if it meant the children in the scenario had a better chance to survive.

I know ALL the bats want to protect children (just look at the head honcho), they are heroes after all, but the fact that they make the point so strong within Jason and always give him the strongest and most passionate reaction against child abuse makes me really happy to see. Ditto with this short film as well. Seeing that ending made me wish for a John Wickesque Red Hood film.

(Also that bonus last scene with Roy had me rolling. XD Dat Ghost reference)
    Married couple? I haven't watched them, but I hope they aren't pushing the bi Jason agenda.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpentShrimp View Post
    Married couple? I haven't watched them, but I hope they aren't pushing the bi Jason agenda.
    Ummmmmmmmmmm...what? I know you probably didn't mean for that to come off as homophobic (Hopefully), but your wording really makes it come off that way. (From my experience only racists,homophobes and other bigots talk about "pushing agendas" like this in comics.)

Me personally? I could see Jay as bi. Don't ship him with Roy though, primarily because, in canon, he's never really interacted with anyone actually resembling Roy Harper.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Ummmmmmmmmmm...what? I know you probably didn't mean for that to come off as homophobic (Hopefully), but your wording really makes it come off that way. (From my experience only racists,homophobes and other bigots talk about "pushing agendas" like this in comics.)

Me personally? I could see Jay as bi. Don't ship him with Roy though, primarily because, in canon, he's never really interacted with anyone actually resembling Roy Harper.
    What are you talking about

BANNED

I'm perfectly aware of Nu52RHatO and Red Hood/Arsenal. I have read several issues of both. I love Roy, he's in my top 5 heroes, and I do think that he could have a really great bond with Jason, not to mention the potential for "Uncle Jason" once Lian comes back...but no one I would ever call Roy Harper can be found in the Nu52. Lobdell's take on the character has as much in common with Roy as Pre-FP Tim Drake has in common with Post-FP Starfire.

I'm perfectly aware of Nu52RHatO and Red Hood/Arsenal. I have read several issues of both. I love Roy, he's in my top 5 heroes, and I do think that he could have a really great bond with Jason, not to mention the potential for "Uncle Jason" once Lian comes back...but no one I would ever call Roy Harper can be found in the Nu52. Lobdell's take on the character has as much in common with Roy as Pre-FP Tim Drake has in common with Post-FP Starfire.
    That is your personal bias, far as DC is concerned that is Roy Harper and canonically, he was Jason's best friend.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That is your personal bias, far as DC is concerned that is Roy Harper and canonically, he was Jason's best friend.
    We're not talking about what DC sees as canon, we're talking about shipping. It is completely my bias. I do not ship Jay and Roy because I don't see any of Roy in Jason's best friend.

We're not talking about what DC sees as canon, we're talking about shipping. It is completely my bias. I do not ship Jay and Roy because I don't see any of Roy in Jason's best friend.
    Your words.

You were the one who brought canon into the discussion in the first place.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 11-01-2017 at 10:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Your words
    I meant that in-canon, I've never seen Jason interact with someone I would call Roy, as opposed to non-canon material, AKA fanfiction, where the two ARE written properly as friends.