Page 564 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 64464514554560561562563564565566567568574614664 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Yes I don't see it as quite clearly one thing or another either. And if what Bizarro is doing is gonna have repercussion later, it's a risk they are taking with the already loved status quo. I love it. As for Jason and Artemis, I'm fine with how they are, and if they later end up together that's good too. However at the moment I think the teases have been coming a bit too much too soon and I don't really feel earned yet. Granted, they could totally be read as platonic but I don't trust that was the intention from editorial.
    Heck yes, I love seeing the outlaws unafraid to push that status quo too. One of the trends I see near tumblr that I absolutely don't enjoy is this idea that we shouldn't give any screentime to relationships based on strong negative/ambivalent emotion or relationships that go through periods with unhealthy dynamics during their development. There's a time and place for those wholesome pure subjects but if that's all that's allowed in fiction then fiction becomes quite boring. I would love to see the outlaws come out with an evolved and stronger than before dynamic but good relationships are messy too and I absolutely intend to enjoy every step of the struggle it takes for them to fight and earn their way to a good end.

As for Jason and Artemis, I so so do not want to fall into the old rabbit hole and be guilty of seeing a ship just because a guy and girl happen to be on a team together, god knows there's too much of that happening in comics already. But dang it I have not had enough of their dynamic, "picks you up by the scruff at her whim" Artemis is pretty awesome next to "then we rode on a dyslexic unicorn" Jason. I think it's one of the few situations where if romance does end up happening, at least it feels more organic compared to other comics because they have a decently strong friendship base being built up first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post

I actually think Jason and Joker dynamic is still untapped potential since they will always be connected to each othet. Their twisted dynamic in AK:G was the highlight and the reason why I thing they could do more in the main universe instead of the awful DOTF story.
    The unfortunate thing is Joker is being so heavily used just about everywhere that it's going to be hard to mine anything more from his character. Joker as a villain is always going to be handed to Bruce centered stories first just out of sheer popularity and despite being a serial killer type, overexposure means he's not as unpredictable a character as he could be.

Probably something could come out of exploring Joker and Jason interactions but DOTF just convinces me Bruce will always take center stage in a story with the family regardless if it actually makes the narrative stronger or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    The unfortunate thing is Joker is being so heavily used just about everywhere that it's going to be hard to mine anything more from his character. Joker as a villain is always going to be handed to Bruce centered stories first just out of sheer popularity and despite being a serial killer type, overexposure means he's not as unpredictable a character as he could be.

Probably something could come out of exploring Joker and Jason interactions but DOTF just convinces me Bruce will always take center stage in a story with the family regardless if it actually makes the narrative stronger or not.
    DOTF was Batman's story after all and the tie-ins with the batfamily was done purely for $$$.

The explorition of their dynamic should happen in Jason's own book under his own writer and even with Joker being overexposed, the story with both of them is still unexplored territory that a capable write can do wonder with.

Mighty Member

If you're not sending it why stop at slightly angry? Go wild.
    I honestly can't think of anything involving ships that actually makes me angry. Just why??? at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I honestly can't think of anything involving ships that actually makes me angry. Just why??? at most.
    I know. I just imagined you went on fake rage mode and wrote a hilarious hate tweet.

Mighty Member

I know. I just imagined you went on fake rage mode and wrote a hilarious hate tweet.
    yeah your right, that's exactly what I was thinking. But even my fake rage isn't that strong. Honestly, though, Lobdell can't tease me and then leave it hanging.

Fantastic Member

I had a thought what would have happened if death in the family had never happened and so jason never died how would the batfamily have evolved then?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    I had a thought what would have happened if death in the family had never happened and so jason never died how would the batfamily have evolved then?
    Similarly just with Jason taking Tims place.

Same as usual. Except Tim would not exist, and there wouldnt be such a heavy threat of death (robins death) to weigh upon future characters, like Steph for example.

Bruce would be less of an ass for one.

I mean I think DC were trying to make it a goal to make Bruce more 'dark and edgy' regardless, and DITF just gave them the excuse to go through with it. But yeah, Bruce was WAY WAY better, before Jason died.

Extraordinary Member

Not really, grumpy looner Batman would have been a thing with or without DitF, and if they really needed an excuse they could have find another one except Jasons death (I mean how many of Bruce love interests got killed over the years ...).

But yeah, Bruce was WAY WAY better, before Jason died.
    He was still more or less reasonable after Tim joined, i mean he could be a bit cold (specially under Dixon), but there was no doubt that he still cared. Then in the Post-Zero Hour continuity he became more dark and edgy and probably started the tendency of Batman being more of an ashole to his allies around 96 or 97 and it went througth the roof in the early 2000s with Rucka.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He was still more or less reasonable after Tim joined, i mean he could be a bit cold (specially under Dixon), but there was no doubt that he still cared. Then in the Post-Zero Hour continuity he became more dark and edgy and probably started the tendency of Batman being more of an ashole to his allies around 96 or 97 and it went througth the roof in the early 2000s with Rucka.
    Oh for sure, he didnt turn into the ******* we see nowadays overnight, no doubt. But he definitely wasn't as 'nice' or 'open' as he had been before, after DITF was when he began spiraling downwards with some ups and downs (depending on the writer). We didnt see the worst of this 'new and broodier' batman till (as you mention) years later.

Somebody in another thread that Batman didn't feel like the same characther since Knigthfall, maybe it was there when the true downfall happened.