Page 571 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 71471521561567568569570571572573574575581621671 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Not my fault the current Batman writers have zero idea on hiw handling Jason. Unfortunately since RHATO is part of the Batman offices now that will be the norm from now on. At least Superman editors actually cared when Jason showed up on other books.

Soy's captions have been teases for future issues.
    How sure is it that RHATO is in Bat office now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Not my fault the current Batman writers have zero idea on hiw handling Jason. Unfortunately since RHATO is part of the Batman offices now that will be the norm from now on. At least Superman editors actually cared when Jason showed up on other books.

Soy's captions have been teases for future issues.
    They have zero idea on how to handle the robins in general and they didn't cause Jason any harm to worth being this bothered by them.

And Superman editors cared in what way exactly? Even when Jason appeared along Dick and Barbara in Batman/Superman, he got defined by one trait like Dick got.

Also, what some of you even want? You complain when Jason get included and you complain when he isn't, you complain when his book got dragged into crossover and you complain when it's not. You want a deep take on Jason? This rarely ever happen with any guest star appearing in any book.

If you mean Greg Pak, he's one of the better Jason writers out there. That Batman/Superman issue still wrote Jason with respect.

Regarding your last point, I think what "we" want is not self-contradictory as you say. Crossovers/Guesting with the Super offices are generally preferred because they have proven to treat Jason better, whereas with the Bat events so far, if Jason is not in, he is not considered to be Bruce's son or family. If he is in, he gets the middle child treatment at best. So the complaints basically amount to the same thing, wanting him to be treated as important as his brothers. Also I think it's possible to want a certain dose of family gathering for the character, when it makes sense to do so. It's not an either-or situation.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 11-11-2017 at 10:03 AM.

I have read his appearances by "super office" and their characterization of him isn't that different from the "bat office". The only difference is that he didn't appear with a lot of characters like he does in the Batman events so he got much more foucs which make it easy for the writers to show him up well.

And when the heck Jason wasn't considered a family except in Tomasi's BR when Jason's status with the family wasn't clear yet? He wasn't treated as a son? All the robins haven't been treated like they were Bruce's sons except Damian who is only getting a lip service.

You guys major problem is that you obsessed with comparing Jason to the other Robins that you can't seem to see that they aren't treated much better.

Counterpoint: If we're talking about how the office treats robins in general, I can probably say Damian and Dick get the better deals for sure compared to the supposed middle kids. The current Batman run is milking the big brother little brother as much as possible and just looking at how many books both Grayson and Damian appear in is a pretty good idea they're going to be the main go to if there's any need to reference or have a robin related appearance. Not to mention despite being part of the family or having a robin run, it's the girls that get the shortest end of the stick.

If you're talking about writing quality then yeh, everyone gets a short stick at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    And when the heck Jason wasn't considered a family except in Tomasi's BR when Jason's status with the family wasn't clear yet? He wasn't treated as a son? All the robins haven't been treated like they were Bruce's sons except Damian who is only getting a lip service.

You guys major problem is that you obsessed with comparing Jason to the other Robins that you can't seem to see that they aren't treated much better.
    I never said Jason wasn't treated as a son in family events. I said he's not in certain events sometimes because he's not considered as Bruce son in an equal way Dick and Damian are. Recently, you can see it with Metal (where I think Jason should be involved just because of Bruce) and also Batman#35 spoilers from the Damian thread. On the other hand, when he is actually in an event, he and Tim are relegated to side-missions. Yes, the writing quality is fair game, but in term of plot importance as well as family status, the bias is there.

That said, no, I'm not obsessed or feeling emotional about any of this. It is just my observation. Doesn't mean I can't be chill.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 11-11-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Mighty Member

Please stop, they are already dead! LOL, but yeah Robin comparisons gets old.

Jason didn't got involved in GR because his writer wasn't involved in the event (which I'm glad that RHATO didn't get dragged into crossover). I just read the spoilers and what I'm supposed to get from it? King is a Dick fanboy who enjoy his dynamic with Damian. It's up to his preference and his entitled to write the relationship he likes.

It wasn't because "DC" or "Bat office" hold the writers by their ears and told them to only write Dick and Damian. It's just their writers were involved in events and it's natural to have bias towards the characters you are in charge of.

Extraordinary Member

He is the only Robin, who sofar didn't got a central role in any bigger event or storyline.

And in the bigger events he is often written as the family idiot/punching ball.

At least I would like for a change to be excited about Jason appearing in an other Bat-Book.
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-11-2017 at 11:16 AM.

It wasn't because "DC" or "Bat office" hold the writers by their ears and told them to only write Dick and Damian. It's just their writers were involved in events and it's natural to have bias towards the characters you are in charge of.
    Except that's my point. I'm not calling it wrong that they have preferences, I'm just calling it wrong to say they're all being treated equally as bad when they get different amounts of advertising and exposure.

Which Robin that got to play a major role in a big event? All the bat events were all about Batman and the only time when Dick got to play a central role was in RW which didn't do him any favours. Unless you actually counting LC as them playing a major role or the OZ thing? Because Dick and Damian were only plot devices where the later got so much hate for his role and Tim hardly got any importance over Oz's plot since it was all about Superman.

I don't think Jason was written as an "idiot", they just tend to write him as the one who cracks jokes. It's not great, but I at least getting good laugh from his jokes which makes the rather boring batfamily gatherings actually fun.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    Except that's my point. I'm not calling it wrong that they have preferences, I'm just calling it wrong to say they're all being treated equally as bad when they get different amounts of advertising and exposure.
    Not every exposure is a good one.

Dick has been treated as a punching bag for the batfamily and Damian's appearances only end up making people hates him more since the writers tend to make him more of a jerk or have himvact like 8 years old kid who suddnly needs his "daddy" (or how he is "doomed" to be a bad guy in the future). The DCAU isn't doing them any favours either.

Also, Dick has been there for so long that he literally got a lot of butchering and inconsistenty through his history that more than once DC was close to get rid of him.

BANNED

I have read his appearances by "super office" and their characterization of him isn't that different from the "bat office". The only difference is that he didn't appear with a lot of characters like he does in the Batman events so he got much more foucs which make it easy for the writers to show him up well.

He was fleshed out in those guest appearances but you also atribute that as not having the room filled with other bats. He got to be played more and showcase more stuff whereas in Tec he cracks jokes and little else. Mind you I don`t see that as a sign of, for instance, Tynion lacking respect towards the character but more like his secondary characters having extremely limited roles. His Nigthwing and Damian aren`t anything to write home about either but I can`t say I don`t enjoy the quips, as little as it is.

King`s scene with the dog is the only actual sequence where I can tell a writer is going out of his way to poke at a fanbase, whereas in the previous diner scene, Jason was treated the same as the other boys.

Equally dispensable.

Jason didn't got involved in GR because his writer wasn't involved in the event (which I'm glad that RHATO didn't get dragged into crossover). I just read the spoilers and what I'm supposed to get from it? King is a Dick fanboy who enjoy his dynamic with Damian. It's up to his preference and his entitled to write the relationship he likes.
    By having Jason make such a fuss about the wedding (when he shouldn't) and then nowhere else to be seen, then in #35 depicting the "end credit" scene where the family of four members go home together, King inadvertently drives home the idea who are really important. I don't think I'm stretching this, seeing as people in Damian thread also feel the same.

Not every exposure is a good one.

Dick has been treated as a punching bag for the batfamily and Damian's appearances only end up making people hates him more since the writers tend to make him more of a jerk or have himvact like 8 years old kid who suddnly needs his "daddy" (or how he is "doomed" to be a bad guy in the future). The DCAU isn't doing them any favours either.

Also, Dick has been there for so long that he literally got a lot of butchering and inconsistenty through his history that more than once DC was close to get rid of him.
    To be honest it looks like to me Damian has actually been getting a bigger and bigger fanbase. I don't see the whole kill happy Damian or 8 year child as good portrayals either but I've also seen a good deal of people who enjoy Damian because inconsistency means he's got multiple different versions out at the same time and many will find one that works for their own preference. Might not be good exposure in our eyes but I do think there's merit to why people say any attention is good attention in any kind of largely published creation.

Dick's had butcherings too but I feel like they do weird things for his character? Devin's new addition of playboy Grayson and the whole Romani blood thing despite being added for pretty bad reasons, eventually turned into Dick somehow being a symbol for Romani representation and the whole sexy superhero icon. He has butcherings but they don't seem to stick onto him as much as I might expect a badly written issue might stick onto someone like Jason or Damian.