Page 573 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 73473523563569570571572573574575576577583623673 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 15150
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Sure whatever you say because the last ten pages of this thread are so going to prove your point, but continue having a long and repeated discussion about King and Tynion.
    Uh huh. I don`t have to use any last 10 pages. It`s a Thread nearing 600 pages where every sort of opinion about what has been done to the character in several media outlets or can happen as of yet has been touched upon. If it hasen`t, well, that`s what the coming pages are for everytime something new comes in.

This thread is still in the first page and anyone can easily tell how this isn't true.
    Neither this or this last issue Thread and "still in the first page".

I made one of the posts in this month`s issue Thread in responde to Dark and someone else regarding Bizarro and your reply is..well most of the pages was just positive intel. Okay,

You`re clearly getting frustated or down with Dark`s opinions regarding some writers or even most writers outside Lodbell or Winnick working on Jason and I even get that, I`ve been there. But the moment you realize you`re a fan like him and you actively participate in the debate, it`s a simple matter of realizing it`s also on you to not let that or any other thing a poster does here, bug you.

It`s opinions, we all have them and we all defend them, no matter if you`re all wrong and I`m right

Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 11-11-2017 at 02:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    I always thought it was some kind of forum etiquette not split a topic into two places but yeah, more Rhato discussion here would be appreciated.
    I am curious to some of your opinions on Artemis and Bizarro as well. We're covering a lot of ground with Bizarro and Jason this arc but I realize the original intention for this group to be made of misfits might be more accurate than Lobdell expected. Artemis has clearly went against Wonder woman in the past and has quite a history with Bana Mighdall. Have we considered how long she's probably lived up to this point when she could easily have decades or centuries on her two teammates. It's three people all with huge gaping differences between their life experiences, it's interesting to see them get along as a team.
    She`s clearly the mature voice and acts like Jason is every bit a child as Bizarro who is barely a month old, comic time. Before she meets Jason she has been actively detached herself from every meaningfull humane connection after what she felt as having been her own betrayal to a former ally and lover.

I`m not even sure Rebirth has made clear whereas Diana is centuries old like in the movie or not so is hard to discern the same for Artemis.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 11-11-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    I always thought it was some kind of forum etiquette not split a topic into two places but yeah, more Rhato discussion here would be appreciated.
    I am curious to some of your opinions on Artemis and Bizarro as well. We're covering a lot of ground with Bizarro and Jason this arc but I realize the original intention for this group to be made of misfits might be more accurate than Lobdell expected. Artemis has clearly went against Wonder woman in the past and has quite a history with Bana Mighdall. Have we considered how long she's probably lived up to this point when she could easily have decades or centuries on her two teammates. It's three people all with huge gaping differences between their life experiences, it's interesting to see them get along as a team.
    I like her attitude and brutal honesty. Lobdell has done better job with her than most and she has a great chemistry with Jason. Her past with Diana isn't something I care much about and I'm more curious about what she has been doing all these years besides searching for the bow.

I don't like how she has a sudden change of heart regarding Bizarro. She suddenly went from thinking of him as a monster to him being one of her precious people without it being properly developed.

Bizarro has been the highlight in this run. I like his childlike innocent that brighten the book in its darkest moments and genius Bizarro has provided the team with a lot of assets that going to help them big time in the future. I'm little worried about the pay off with his currunt arc and I think Jason total trust in him is unusual.
    Last edited by Rise; 11-11-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Which Robin that got to play a major role in a big event? All the bat events were all about Batman and the only time when Dick got to play a central role was in RW which didn't do him any favours. Unless you actually counting LC as them playing a major role or the OZ thing? Because Dick and Damian were only plot devices where the later got so much hate for his role and Tim hardly got any importance over Oz's plot since it was all about Superman.
    Dick had B&RE, Robin War, Titans Hunt, and Gotham Resistance (you could maybe also count Night of the Monster Man). On top of it he got some "left overs" from previous events (Court of Owls, Spyral) for his solo.

Damian had Robin War, Lazarus Contract and is now in the Shadow and Turtle cross overs.

Tim had Lonely Day of Living.

This may not be the biggest events, but it were still quite big storylines that get a lot of attention.

And thats not even limited to the Robins, Duke, Harper, most of the Gotham Knights (TEC has now basically one event after the next), Catwoman had all at least one major role in a storyline in Batman, TEC or in an Event Series.

Spectacular Member

I was talking about this thread, but I decided to check RHATO threads and most of them are just 4 or 5 pages and the rare occasions when we have more.

There's a lot of topics about RHATO that hardly been discussed. Like who is the mysterious guy? What's Bizarro up to? Are we going to see Willis? Is creeper going to join the team for real and does this mean the outlaws is going to be expanded? (That's actually pretty major news since it will be the first time ever Jason get to be a part of a big team) What's your favourite arc so far? Which character you like to guest appearance in this book? What plot you like to see be explored in the future? And so many other things that we can talk about in this thread.
    I think the discussions in RHATO thread will be continued. Not everyone can read the comic book right after it came out. Sometimes when I get busy, it may take a while (or even a month) for me to find a proper time, when I'm alone and having good mood, to enjoy reading the book of the character I care the most. And before I read it, the best thing I can do is not to check the RHATO thread (and sometimes even this thread) to avoid any spoiler.

And speaking of the mysterious guy, Willis and his letter: We do want to know the truth behind them, don't we? There have been a lot of discussions in this thread, every now and then. Their clues rarely appeared in this monthly book. Even so, we grabbed anything we could to interpret all the possibilities. Just need to be patient before the final revealing... I'll be mad if those mysteries remain unsolved in the end.

@Rise
    I had onlu been paying attention to this thread for a month or so, in the almost 100 pages that i had checked, i see quite some considerable time talking about the some of what is next for Jason, pretty much since the annual, the speculation of Willis being back had arise a lot more (i'm not sure if they were there before),.i agreed that fans can exagerate, but some of their concerns had a point.

@Aazh
    Tec is basically the dumping ground for all the 90s characthers that DC keeps around because they are popular, but don't know what to do with then, yeah they have exposure, but sadly most of then has a big risk of dissapear forever, because sadly they are the less importants of Batman story, Jason got Death on the Family and UTRH, that pretty much guarantee his place in the mythos, granted this create the risk of having UTRH on repeat or him being back to villany, but rigth now is minimal.

Fantastic Member

I like her attitude and brutal honesty. Lobdell has done better job with her than most and she has a great chemistry with Jason. Her past with Diana isn't something I care much about and I'm more curious about what she has been doing all these years besides searching for the bow.

I don't like how she has a sudden change of heart regarding Bizarro. She suddenly went from thinking of him as a monster to him being one of her precious people without it being properly developed.

Bizarro has been the highlight in this run. I like his childlike innocent that brighten the book in its darkest moments and genius Bizarro has provided the team with a lot of assets that going to help them big time in the future. I'm little worried about the pay off with his currunt arc and I think Jason total trust in him is unusual.
    I've read Artemis in some WW books before this and this has much more depth than she's usually given. As Jason and technically Bizarro have family I think at some point her connection to the WW family should be explored. The problem is that all of them seem to be having origin struggles at the moment. I'm not sure how old Artemis is supposed to be but the Bana-Mighdall didn't have immortality until Circe started messing with them in old canon since theirs was taken away once they renounced their gods and started worshipping Egyptian gods.

I took it for Artemis finally seeing the innocence Jason saw and admiring him for being himself. She cares for Bizarro but I don't think she fully lost her suspicions of him.

Why is his total trust in Bizarro unusual? Jason has had blind spots in the past. From the extreme of ignoring warning signs from Joker's Daughter to not even seeming fazed by Shelia Haywood's actions. Jason has shown pride in Bizarro's growth and already questioned having to put him down. Maybe he doesn't want to be disappointed in someone again or worse have to question killing Bizarro again.

Spectacular Member

Tynion isn't the worst when it comes to Jason. He adds some fun banter with him and the other Robins.

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    Why is his total trust in Bizarro unusual? Jason has had blind spots in the past. From the extreme of ignoring warning signs from Joker's Daughter to not even seeming fazed by Shelia Haywood's actions. Jason has shown pride in Bizarro's growth and already questioned having to put him down. Maybe he doesn't want to be disappointed in someone again or worse have to question killing Bizarro again.
    Thinking back to when they were questioning if Bizarro had to be put down, I realize if Bizarro has the same powerset as Superman, he can't have not realized Jason prepped a kryptonite gun right behind him with his kind of hearing. Not to mention he's a guy with superstrength who could've just as easily overpowered Jason if he really wanted to live badly but now it hurts more knowing he let Jason make that call anyways.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    @Aazh
    Tec is basically the dumping ground for all the 90s characthers that DC keeps around because they are popular, but don't know what to do with then, yeah they have exposure, but sadly most of then has a big risk of dissapear forever, because sadly they are the less importants of Batman story, Jason got Death on the Family and UTRH, that pretty much guarantee his place in the mythos, granted this create the risk of having UTRH on repeat or him being back to villany, but rigth now is minimal.
    TEC is pretty big, it sells currently better than stuff like Superman and Justice League.

And even if Jason will stay part of the Mythos, he imo still needs some positive exposure to keep him sucessfull and improve his image. His current appearance (and non-appearances) in the Bat-Books are imo doing the opposite. They seem on the one side to push for Dick and Damian to be the only true Robins and to hammer down this Jason was never as good as Dick non sense. And if he actually does something cool it is almost always devalued in some way or over shadowed by something that happens later in the story.

What do you guys think about moving future RHATO preview/discussion into this thread? Sometimes I'm not sure where to post a thing because of the overlaping topics between the two threads.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    What do you guys think about moving future RHATO preview/discussion into this thread? Sometimes I'm not sure where to post a thing because of the overlaping topics between the two threads.
    I never thought it mattered really, as long as a topic is at least relatively related to Jason for the namesake of the thread no matter what it is, (with a few short lived tagents here and there), then of course it can be discussed, including rhato. I especially like having my initual reactions in the rhato preview threads and then more long term thoughts or theories in the Jason thread. I wasnt even under the impression that people had been avoiding 'rhato talk' here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    TEC is pretty big, it sells currently better than stuff like Superman and Justice League.

And even if Jason will stay part of the Mythos, he imo still needs some positive exposure to keep him sucessfull and improve his image. His current appearance (and non-appearances) in the Bat-Books are imo doing the opposite. They seem on the one side to push for Dick and Damian to be the only true Robins and to hammer down this Jason was never as good as Dick non sense. And if he actually does something cool it is almost always devalued in some way or over shadowed by something that happens later in the story.
    What you`re describing doesn`t happen in Tec since Tynion is likely more fond on Jason than Dick or Damian. Just look at the way he wrote Dick as simply leaving after having the prize whereas the others stayed and fought.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I never thought it mattered really, as long as a topic is at least relatively related to Jason for the namesake of the thread no matter what it is, (with a few short lived tagents here and there), then of course it can be discussed, including rhato. I especially like having my initual reactions in the rhato preview threads and then more long term thoughts or theories in the Jason thread. I wasnt even under the impression that people had been avoiding 'rhato talk' here.
    Hear hear. I don`t see what the deal is about, you can talk in either one.

Anyone notice how outside Batman and Tec almost no other bat title reaches something like 10 pages on a preview/discussion thread? Why is that suddently a mindblow? Que sera, sera.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Bad idea.

The point of having specific threads for each issue is to allow focused discussion on the events of said issue and to allow casual readers to easily share their thoughts on it without feeling the need to read through 10 pages or more to see if their thoughts are shared by someone else or have been discussed already.

General character threads also tend to hop around topics very often and thus usually tend to be frequented by regular users that care by all aspects of the character instead of just his/her current series.

If anything, having different topics allows for more variety of opinions since users who rarely(if at all) post on the character thread, actually post on the issue threads.

Anyways, team Detective failed to make a significant improvement on the sales for past issue with issue 15 failing to make it to the top 100.