Page 583 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 83483533573579580581582583584585586587593633683 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 15150
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    Oh god that's some adorable art. Any chance you still have the link to the artists site?
    http://emina15966emina.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    No idea why you'd bring up a nothing (although likable) character like B-0 when discussing characters with large fanbases so I'm just gonna ignore that.

And no, sorry, but you can't just stick characters into places where they don't belong. Bizarro and Artemis fit the team. Kon and Cassie (when properly written) are straight-up heroes. Having them become murderous anti-heroes would be just as stupid as when Lobdell did it with Roy, and continue their very long streak of being written OOC. Hell, if Lobdell is writing, we already know how awful he is at writing those characters.

Plus, you know, they've kinda got their own circle of friends, and it'd just be silly if Jason went from stealing Dick's friends to having his own friends to stealing Tim's friends.
    Lobdell already working with kon and cassie in new 52 and their personalities of the current continuity are compatible with Jason

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Physically? Jason lived with Bruce when he was 12 and died at 14-15. How the heck this even compared in any way to how Catherine raised him from diapers?

Morally? Jason has a sense of right and wrong before he meet Bruce and the streets has a bigger influence in his current philosophy.

In meta way? Of course he did since he is the reason why he become a vigilante and living the way he is today.
    Catherine raised him to be a normal child. His time in Wayne Manor made Jason the character he is, both good and the bad. You notice he never mentions Catherine when it comes to blows of ethics or morality and growing pains? She wasn`t there and she had no say on the path his life took over.

His morality is shaped from the big changes he`s had. The time in the streets surviving alone, what he learned under Bruce (again, both the good and bad, what works and what doesn`t for him), dying and returning because Talia and the League and lastly his year with Ducra and the All Caste. If anything, what is sorely missing is more Ducra, since she was that one teacher who accepted him unconditionally despite knowing the destructive potential he could bring on the world.

Whether Jason goes on and off about fighting the father/son bond with Bruce, Batman`s influence in his life is clearly there and the fights they have always revolved about unresolved issues, his death and what could still be. They`re the Elephants of each other`s rooms.

That`s how I read it.

BANNED

Besides, you guys do realize that he can still have a bond with him without necessary see him as a father? Him not thinking of him as a one doesn't mean that he doesn't care about him anymore.
    Absolutely, he will always care regardless. The thing is, the vast majority of writers tackle their interactions as a greek tragic, deranged father/son bond which is never going to be fully resolved and I don`t see Loedbell being the main exception other than tackling it better than say a Tynion.

And well for me, "tackling it better" is already a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I really like this costume a lot. I hope someday they use it for Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

Nice!
    How does this look?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    This is a really good idea! Jason's own version of 'Gordon' who is actually a rival?

I suddenly recall the encounters between Yuri Orlov and Jack Valentine in 'Lord of War'
    At the very least a mouthpiece that exposes and talks about Jason`s/Outlaws criminal act since most of the book is spent on their character interactions and family bond. If they don`t look like the bad guys they`re supposed to, BAM enters the Law Enforcer guy listing some major case to investigate.

"That Red Hood guy stole money from 10 corporates on the same day! The devil even left a message saying Thank You!"

"Yesir, but those 10 were kind of dirty, weren`t they? I mean, some cases haven`t even been filed with the type of charges that are being inv.."

"Which side are you ON Sergeant? Still believing in Robin Hood at your age? He`s a Most Wanted and did it to finance his own enterprise! They`re all the same!"

*cue in some jamming Blues*

You can virtually make the panels te guy appears in looking completely at odds with the standard look of the book as if we`re playing Carmen Sandiego.

BANNED

Man that poll isn`t even fair, he`s already smoking the whole competition

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Absolutely, he will always care regardless. The thing is, the vast majority of writers tackle their interactions as a greek tragic, deranged father/son bond which is never going to be fully resolved and I don`t see Loedbell being the main exception other than tackling it better than say a Tynion.

And well for me, "tackling it better" is already a big difference.
    Honestly, I do really like their father/son relationship and enjoy their moments. I just feel that Jason stopped seeing him as a father after everything that happened between them (and I don't think that a necessary a bad thing since the writers currently seem to think that only Damian count as a son anyway), but it good to me either way whether he did or not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpentShrimp View Post
    I bet he does. I think he would like the challenge of taking a complex character with a unique history and making a story with him.
    He finds the Dick types bland and loves complex characters so yeah, looking forward to one day him tacking the Jay.

What this poll about?

I would like to see Priest's take on Jason one day and his type definitely fit him. Though, he can be a little bit slow and monthly schedule can be a pain with him.
    Last edited by Rise; 11-14-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Man that poll isn`t even fair, he`s already smoking the whole competition
    No kidding. Where are these Red Hood fans coming from? The number is still climbing.

What this poll about?
    Here it is!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post

At the very least a mouthpiece that exposes and talks about Jason`s/Outlaws criminal act since most of the book is spent on their character interactions and family bond. If they don`t look like the bad guys they`re supposed to, BAM enters the Law Enforcer guy listing some major case to investigate.

"That Red Hood guy stole money from 10 corporates on the same day! The devil even left a message saying Thank You!"

"Yesir, but those 10 were kind of dirty, weren`t they? I mean, some cases haven`t even been filed with the type of charges that are being inv.."

"Which side are you ON Sergeant? Still believing in Robin Hood at your age? He`s a Most Wanted and did it to finance his own enterprise! They`re all the same!"

*cue in some jamming Blues*

You can virtually make the panels te guy appears in looking completely at odds with the standard look of the book as if we`re playing Carmen Sandiego.
    Ate this all up. Give me more!