Page 584 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594634684 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 15150
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Honestly, I do really like their father/son relationship and enjoy their moments. I just feel that Jason stopped seeing him as a father after everything that happened between them (and I don't think that a necessary a bad thing since the writers currently seem to think that only Damian count as a son anyway), but it good to me either way whether he did or not.
    I get what you mean, the bond can still be there and being over feeling like his son. I can go as far as saying that under Loedbell it does feel an on and off switch but deep down..way I look at it, I think what keeps that sort of detachment from being a permanente status quo is the nature of a relationship that will never be fully resolved. That will always pull the two back in.

Damn, Bruce is like that ex you never fully let go.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Here it is!
    Oh, it's for action figure? Sorry Jason, I can't vote for you since I'm completely against fb (it's not like he need it anyway ).

BANNED

@t G

You can make the panels where the guy appears look like Bizarro`s dream or the gaming panels in RHAA. Totally looking at odds with Soy`s standard style.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kalethas31 View Post
    Lobdell already working with kon and cassie in new 52 and their personalities of the current continuity are compatible with Jason
    You mean those personalities that nobody likes from one of the most universally reviled titles of the Nu52? I don't say "literally" because laws of probability dictate that at least one person likes them (You may very well be that person), but fans of these takes on the characters are an extreme minority, and I can assure you that when they come back they will not resemble Lobdell's takes on the characters.

BANNED

Maybe, but Roy was generally well written for a Roy who was single and had no daugher of his own. A but more the devil may care he used to be before that changed his life.

And particularly in the RRAA finale.

Sorry Assam, I had to rub that one off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Maybe, but Roy was generally well written for a Roy who was single and had no daugher of his own. A but more the devil may care he used to be before that changed his life.

And particularly in the RRAA finale.

Sorry Assam, I had to rub that one off.
    One of these days, I will force myself to read through all of RHatO and RHaA so I can give a proper critique of Lobdell's portrayal (and the books themselves) as a whole.

However, just from the issues I have read (and things I've read directly explained on wikis and TV Tropes) Lobdell made him a murderous, idiotic "Bro", minimized the significance of his Navajo upbringing, and disgustingly tried to paint Roy as being unfair to Ollie and that he was at fault for what happened to him. Lobdell's portrayal was just as OOC as Roy Post-Cry for Justice. The reason I praise Percy so much is because his Roy is what feels to me like an adult Roy who doesn't have Lian. (It also helps that he restored the significance of his upbringing and put the blame for the fallout back on Ollie where it belongs.)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You mean those personalities that nobody likes from one of the most universally reviled titles of the Nu52? I don't say "literally" because laws of probability dictate that at least one person likes them (You may very well be that person), but fans of these takes on the characters are an extreme minority, and I can assure you that when they come back they will not resemble Lobdell's takes on the characters.
    if they want to give jason original teammates they can use essence and crux at least they are new characters

I like essence she is awesome

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Honestly, I do really like their father/son relationship and enjoy their moments. I just feel that Jason stopped seeing him as a father after everything that happened between them (and I don't think that a necessary a bad thing since the writers currently seem to think that only Damian count as a son anyway), but it good to me either way whether he did or not.
    How can you say that when their most recent meeting was capped off with this exchange?

Only someone struggling with the shadow/legacy of his parents would feel pressured to be like them.

One of these days, I will force myself to read through all of RHatO and RHaA so I can give a proper critique of Lobdell's portrayal (and the books themselves) as a whole.

However, just from the issues I have read (and things I've read directly explained on wikis and TV Tropes) Lobdell made him a murderous, idiotic "Bro", minimized the significance of his Navajo upbringing, and disgustingly tried to paint Roy as being unfair to Ollie and that he was at fault for what happened to him. Lobdell's portrayal was just as OOC as Roy Post-Cry for Justice. The reason I praise Percy so much is because his Roy is what feels to me like an adult Roy who doesn't have Lian. (It also helps that he restored the significance of his upbringing and put the blame for the fallout back on Ollie where it belongs.)
    Bad, bad source of info regarding RHATO. I've been involved on quite a few arguments with people there over faulty misconceptions regarding the three books

Quote Originally Posted by Kalethas31 View Post
    if they want to give jason original teammates they can use essence and crux at least they are new characters

I like essence she is awesome
    I don't think he needs new teammates but yes Essence is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I get what you mean, the bond can still be there and being over feeling like his son. I can go as far as saying that under Loedbell it does feel an on and off switch but deep down..way I look at it, I think what keeps that sort of detachment from being a permanente status quo is the nature of a relationship that will never be fully resolved. That will always pull the two back in.

Damn, Bruce is like that ex you never fully let go.
    Your last sentence made me chuckle.

And yeah, that actually good way at seeing it.

Essence definitely needs to come back and I have been saying this for months. Come on, Lobdell

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

Bad, bad source of info regarding RHATO. I've been involved on quite a few arguments with people there over faulty misconceptions regarding the three books
    Fair enough, I've seen bias in TV tropes listings plenty of times. What part of what I said is wrong? (Keep in mind that the former two of the four things I mentioned I KNOW are true from what I read) I'd also still be interested in learning what I misunderstood regarding Jason and Roy's relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    Now Deathstroke is not a mercenary/killers as he was, if you follow his Rebirth series by Priest. He is leading and mentoring some next generation heroes & heroines including his kids and other kids with government funding. He decided to make amends to his family, and with his new found beliefs, to make the world a better place. (And for a brief moment he even mentioned Justice League). Well it won't last long for sure, but it's still a interesting story.

Those fanart is not out of nowhere. Jason and Deathstroke did fight in comic, and they did work together for a while to assemble the Arkham Army and plot the military attack in Gotham in Arkham Knight Game story. I like the comic a lot, thanks to Soy's art. However, the actual game plot was really bad for Jason. And what rocksteady did to Deathstroke in the game was utterly unforgivable......
    I stopped reading Deathstroke a while ago but yeah I know the current status quo. By mercenary/killers I didn't mean anyone specific, just giving thought to the type of teammates that would make the group dynamics as antagonistic like Assam suggested. I used to have the same thought when I by chance saw that one fanart.

Besides fanart, I think there is also a large overlap of the fanbase between Red Hood and Deathstroke, especially among gamers. They are both popular in fighting games. (BTW, I just voted for Jason through FB!)
    True. The poll is going very well for Jason.

BANNED

Jason working with Slade on a long term basis would make him irredeemable in my eyes. Not interested.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Fair enough, I've seen bias in TV tropes listings plenty of times. What part of what I said is wrong? (Keep in mind that the former two of the four things I mentioned I KNOW are true from what I read) I'd also still be interested in learning what I misunderstood regarding Jason and Roy's relationship.
    Is oversimplifying things of Roy's characterization and failing to look the nuances behind it. Roy wasn't idiotic (in fact he was the smarter member of the team) but he was someone deeply conflicted who spent most of the series running away from his demons by putting a jokester front. This was obvious to anyone who actually bothered to read the books but a ton of people let their bias color their impressions and blinded them to these nuances. Roy wasn't murderous as much as being pragmatic, and c'mon, he's a guy with a freaking bow. Those things are made to kill. What they were expecting him to do? Lobdell did reduce the importance of Roy's Navajo past because it wasn't important to the story he wanted to tell. And as I've mentioned many times before, he wants to do his own thing rather than follow someone else's steps.

And lastly, Roy does blame Ollie but he's perfectly aware he's the one in the wrong. And he admitted it such on issue 37.