Page 59 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159559 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    haha Apparently Barbara can't be paired with anyone other than Dick but it is apparently suitable for Dick to date whoever he wants. Babs even looking at Jason was considered an absolute betrayal of the highest order on tumblr. Scary stuff and then they had to drag Jason into their shipping rants. I so want Babs to have the hots for Jason to anger shippers in retaliation for the mess they made in the Jason Todd tag for days. Like I just want to protect Babs and Jason tags but sometimes they can get really messy because of stupid ship wars.
    It isn't just the Dick/Babs fans that dislike it. I think Jason fans dislike it because it keeps putting Jason in Dick's shadow. It's a tried story that Jason can't seem to grow out of. Give him his own love interests and friends. No need to constantly take from Dick's history to fill out Jason's character more. It causes needless drama. It is like Dick dating Catwoman, Bruce dating Lois, or even Jason dating Stephanie.

I mean I still think that him and Julia Pennyworth would be interesting. It gives him his own love interest within the Batman family, like all the other prominent Batman family members, and it helps establish her character and gives he some more roots to stick around longer. Plus I always thought the Alfred/Jason dynamic is interesting. As for Barbara I think people liked the idea of her and Ted Kord back in the day, but too bad that didn't go anywhere.

haha Apparently Barbara can't be paired with anyone other than Dick but it is apparently suitable for Dick to date whoever he wants. Babs even looking at Jason was considered an absolute betrayal of the highest order on tumblr. Scary stuff and then they had to drag Jason into their shipping rants. I so want Babs to have the hots for Jason to anger shippers in retaliation for the mess they made in the Jason Todd tag for days. Like I just want to protect Babs and Jason tags but sometimes they can get really messy because of stupid ship wars.
    Not really, girls in tumblr love the paring they say it gives them "feels"

Hey, talking of the on going effort of turning Jason in Dick in any possible way, did they have to go with green pants? I know is a pretty dumb detail, but why green pants?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Courtesy of Rocafort, Red Hood/Arsenal issue 1 variant cover

Those suits look really cool under a different artist.

And what do you know? Jason only changed the jacket for a hoddied vest.
    I'm so getting this cover instead of the other one. It's much better executed and easier on the eyes than the Porter one. It also makes me realize how much I miss Rocafort drawing Jason and Roy. Wish he'd come back to this title instead of drawing the dull Teen Titans book.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

It proably wouldnt be so bad if the bruce/babs thing never happened while she was engaged to dick. It already made her look pretty bad

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm so getting this cover instead of the other one. It's much better executed and easier on the eyes than the Porter one. It also makes me realize how much I miss Rocafort drawing Jason and Roy. Wish he'd come back to this title instead of drawing the dull Teen Titans book.
    As much as I like Rocafort, I would rather have someone that doesn't draws the dumb expressive helmet (assuming that Medry doesn't uses it of course). Plus I haven't really enjoyed Rocafort's work on neither Superman or Teen Titans. It looks sketchier and I don't know, kind of lifeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    Not really, girls in tumblr love the paring they say it gives them "feels"

Hey, talking of the on going effort of turning Jason in Dick in any possible way, did they have to go with green pants? I know is a pretty dumb detail, but why green pants?
    They're seem to aim for a more militaristic look so green camo pants make perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It isn't just the Dick/Babs fans that dislike it. I think Jason fans dislike it because it keeps putting Jason in Dick's shadow. It's a tried story that Jason can't seem to grow out of. Give him his own love interests and friends. No need to constantly take from Dick's history to fill out Jason's character more. It causes needless drama. It is like Dick dating Catwoman, Bruce dating Lois, or even Jason dating Stephanie.

I mean I still think that him and Julia Pennyworth would be interesting. It gives him his own love interest within the Batman family, like all the other prominent Batman family members, and it helps establish her character and gives he some more roots to stick around longer. Plus I always thought the Alfred/Jason dynamic is interesting. As for Barbara I think people liked the idea of her and Ted Kord back in the day, but too bad that didn't go anywhere.
    My biggest gripe against the Jason/Babs romance is that comes from nowhere. Ignoring Jason and Barbara characterization through all the N52 just to make a poor knockoff of Dick and Barbara romance, just because seemingly Tynion can't stop using Jason as stand in to satisfy his burning desire of writing Dick (losing the Nightwing/Grayson gig to Seeley and King must've stung).

Most Barbara Gordon fans hate it, too, since it makes her into just an ex-Robin love interest, instead of her own character.

My biggest gripe against the Jason/Babs romance is that comes from nowhere. Ignoring Jason and Barbara characterization through all the N52 just to make a poor knockoff of Dick and Barbara romance, just because seemingly Tynion can't stop using Jason as stand in to satisfy his burning desire of writing Dick (losing the Nightwing/Grayson gig to Seeley and King must've stung).
    Honestly I'm not sure that Tynion has a burning desire to write Dick Grayson at all. He practically said that Nightwing was an uninteresting character to him at one point and honestly I'm glad he didn't get the gig because of that and that his Nightwing #30 was scrapped. The art was nicely done but and I liked it but I imagine we would have had a script that was full of over the top melodrama and badly handled dialog. Plus I think perhaps we would have also seen the beginnings of this Jason/Babs romance idea. Seeley and King are a much better option when stacked against what Tynion said about the character and what he's done with Jason in both his RHatO run and in Eternal.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 04-28-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Honestly I'm not sure that Tynion has a burning desire to write Dick Grayson at all. He practically said that Nightwing was an uninteresting character to him at one point and honestly I'm glad he didn't get the gig because of that and that his Nightwing #30 was scrapped. The art was nicely done but and I liked it but I imagine we would have had a script that was full of over the top melodrama and badly handled dialog. Plus I think perhaps we would have also seen the beginnings of this Jason/Babs romance idea. Seeley and King are a much better option when stacked against what Tynion said about the character and what he's done with Jason in both his RHatO run and in Eternal.
    Tynion says a lot of stuff that rarely follows upon. He hyped on his tumblr the Nightwing gig for a while before the deal fel through.

The facts are that his run on RHATO hit every single beat found on old Titans stories only replacing Dick for Jason. The fact he even made Jason a blank slate through the memory wipe nonsense only made it clearer. This is a trend present on Eternal where Jason's role is even more blatanly that of a Grayson's stand in.

BANNED

I For one was glad that jason was heavily involved in Eternal,his portrayal as Probably the second in coomand felt more like an Evolution for him rather then a meaningless stand in.

Tynion says a lot of stuff that rarely follows upon. He hyped on his tumblr the Nightwing gig for a while before the deal fel through.

The facts are that his run on RHATO hit every single beat found on old Titans stories only replacing Dick for Jason. The fact he even made Jason a blank slate through the memory wipe nonsense only made it clearer. This is a trend present on Eternal where Jason's role is even more blatanly that of a Grayson's stand in.
    Well, I don't follow tumblr so I didn't see any of that. All I saw was him talking in interviews about how boring and unnecessary the character was and frankly it made me very uninterested in whatever Nightwing book he might have done. Also I don't see any of his writing of Jason as him showing that he desperately wants to write a Dick Grayson book especially not in Eternal. Jason put in the position of Dick, that is to say he became the SIC, sure but it probably had more to do with the fact that the Dick himself was not available for the weekly due to his "death" then with Tynion maybe wanting to actually be writing him. As for his run on RH having similar beats to old Teen Titans stories that doesn't really prove anything other than that he couldn't think of anything original to do with the characters and he figured he riff on one of those stories instead since he didn't really care to write about Jason in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I For one was glad that jason was heavily involved in Eternal,his portrayal as Probably the second in coomand felt more like an Evolution for him rather then a meaningless stand in.
    Except that he wasn't?

He was always depicted as following orders, never calling the shots.

BANNED

Jason and Barbara--ugh. Jason and Starfire--ugh. Jason has had enough of Dick's hand-me-downs. Not to try to sound sexist or anything like that, but NEW love interests, NEW supporting characters, etc etc etc--should be created for Jason. DC is sooooooo LAZY.

BANNED

Except that he wasn't?

He was always depicted as following orders, never calling the shots.

Well for his defense he was with batman...

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post

Glad he's sticking around for Year 2!

Tim was more of a "second in command" in Eternal. He was the one giving all the orders when Bruce wasn't around.