Page 60 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160560 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Got my Arkham Knigh Red Hood from Gamestop, is pretty dang awesome, lots of poseability and detail

Very superior to the N52 Red Hood that came out a few months ago

Not a fan of the weird "muzzle" on the helmet tho

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Cool. Looks pretty awesome to me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Tim was more of a "second in command" in Eternal. He was the one giving all the orders when Bruce wasn't around.
    Of course. You guys don't think Darlin' Dan Didio is gonna give Jason a tidbit when he really wants to give Tim the whole catch.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Got my Arkham Knigh Red Hood from Gamestop, is pretty dang awesome, lots of poseability and detail

Very superior to the N52 Red Hood that came out a few months ago

Not a fan of the weird "muzzle" on the helmet tho

Very nice. This version is the best version of him in all of DC. Same goes for the Scarecrow in the games.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Jason and Barbara--ugh. Jason and Starfire--ugh. Jason has had enough of Dick's hand-me-downs. Not to try to sound sexist or anything like that, but NEW love interests, NEW supporting characters, etc etc etc--should be created for Jason. DC is sooooooo LAZY.
    Jason and Starfire were never romantically linked. They had one night of buddy sex.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 04-30-2015 at 05:23 AM.

BANNED

Tynion says a lot of stuff that rarely follows upon. He hyped on his tumblr the Nightwing gig for a while before the deal fel through.

The facts are that his run on RHATO hit every single beat found on old Titans stories only replacing Dick for Jason. The fact he even made Jason a blank slate through the memory wipe nonsense only made it clearer. This is a trend present on Eternal where Jason's role is even more blatanly that of a Grayson's stand in.
    Jason doesn`t really follow orders, even in Eternal. He operates as someone who helps but does it his way. Up to breaking security in the mansion to watch out for Alfred at the hospital. Tim was second in command to the new recruits, he wasn`t giving Jason orders on how to operate. He came and go when he pleased.

That being said, the romance angle came out of nowhere. That bugs me more whether it`s Barbara or someone else.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 04-30-2015 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Jason doesn`t really follow orders, even in Eternal. He operates as someone who helps but does it his way. Up to breaking security in the mansion to watch out for Alfred at the hospital. Tim was second in command to the new recruits, he wasn`t giving Jason orders on how to operate. He came and go when he pleased.

That being said, the romance angle came out of nowhere. That bugs me more whether it`s Barbara or someone else.
    This was the first sign that Eternal team simply doesn't know/care about Jason. There's absolutely no reason for Jason to break security on the Mansion, specially when Bruce was the one who called him in the first place.

And saying that Jason does things "his way" doesn't means a lot when there's only a possible outcome.

Spectacular Member

Courtesy of Rocafort, Red Hood/Arsenal issue 1 variant cover

Those suits look really cool under a different artist.

And what do you know? Jason only changed the jacket for a hoddied vest.
    I love this

Straight from Denis Medri (the series' artist): Red Hood's new duds

http://denism79.deviantart.com/art/R...erie-530990492

SO COOL

And the best thing, NO MORE EXPRESSIVE MASK!

SO COOL

Now I'm not so sure about the redesign here. It looks overly bulky to me and that collar doesn't help matters any. Of course this just looks like a rough sketch so hopefully it looks cleaner and a bit more streamlined in the comic. As for the helmet so long as Medri keeps his eyes covered I'm fine with it. That was the one thing about the last expressionless mask that really bugged me. I like the Arkham look better.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-05-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

SO COOL

Looks good, i like the new digs better in the sketch than the cover. Less overly busy. Though i wish they would ditch the Bat symbol.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-05-2015 at 04:02 PM.

BANNED

Yeah, the Bat-Signal sucks. Jason shouldn't have to be a Bat-Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Looks good, i like the new digs better in the sketch than the cover. Less overly busy. Though i wish they would ditch the Bat symbol.
    I'm going to nitpick here. It's less busy in the sketch sure but it still looks unnecessarily bulky from his neck to his waist. That's a lot of armoring to be carrying around under that vest. The collar looks okay to me when the hood is up but when it's down it just looks bad. Damian had a high collar on his vest and a hooded cape and artists managed to make it work. This redesign just isn't doing it for me at least insofar as the sketch here is concerned though it might look better in the actual book. I just think the Arkham design, which has a lot of the same elements pulls this look off better.

I don't know where are you seeing bulk on the sketch. Being the owner of similar vests I can say there are no bulk on there, depending on the fabric the vest can be more rigid though.

And other than the vest, the arm guards and the leg armor; the design is exactly the same as how Silva drew him

It appears to be a proportion issue. From my perspective the shoulders on the vest coupled with the collar are giving him a very broad-shouldered appearance, hence my use of the word "bulky". Maybe blocky is a more apt description. I like a lot of the design but those wide shoulders and especially that collar don't look right to me. I really dislike that collar and think the overall design would look better if the armoring underneath was basically the same one as before and the hooded vest was a replacement for his normal leather jacket.