Page 61 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161561 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    It appears to be a proportion issue. From my perspective the shoulders on the vest coupled with the collar are giving him a very broad-shouldered appearance, hence my use of the word "bulky". Maybe blocky is a more apt description. I like a lot of the design but those wide shoulders and especially that collar don't look right to me. I really dislike that collar and think the overall design would look better if the armoring underneath was basically the same one as before and the hooded vest was a replacement for his normal leather jacket.
    It is though?

And it looks blocky becasue that's Medri's style.

Anyways, you can get the sneak already here

https://www.readdcentertainment.com/...rint/list/6553

Red Hood/Arsenal is exactly what I expected, a fun as hell buddy cop book. Medri's art is pretty great although the hairdos he gave to both Jason and Roy SUCK

Seriously, what the hell?

He, he, he they gave Jason a fohawk and Roy the Macklemore. I kind of like that.

Weird hair choices but ok. I'm forever missing the white streak. It was a great identifyer is the sea of blue eyed, black-haired batfam males.

I don't understand why the New 52 didn't go for it.

And now, Roy's design sheet

Looks like he will ditch the hat.

I like the look, just change the stupid hairdo of the boys and we're golden.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    This was the first sign that Eternal team simply doesn't know/care about Jason.
    I don`t see that as accurate, but to each their own. I think they care, the question is, if the direction they care about pays off for the character or not.

There's absolutely no reason for Jason to break security on the Mansion, specially when Bruce was the one who called him in the first place.
    He broke security because security in the mansion was set online. It wasn`t a case of having the door open and choosing to be a dick (which he pulls wonderfully if he wants to). That scene only made Bruce look like an old fart. He sets security online after he asks one of his own to come in and help but can`t hazzard the effort of spending a weekend with his genius upgrading the damn thing after the last Joker raid.

Writers played it well when Jason shut him up.

And saying that Jason does things "his way" doesn't means a lot when there's only a possible outcome.
    The outcome he choses to be part of.

I`m liking the new Hood vest, but I know I`ll miss the jacket. Then again, ever since UDRH Jason has had some slick designs to chose from. No biggie, it`s linking marketing to the game and brings more to the fold.

The haircuts will look sharper depending the artists and I`m sure the current artist will only get better.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 05-06-2015 at 11:12 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

It is though?
    It pretty much is a replacement yes and to me it would look loads better with the previous designs armor underneath it. YMMV

And it looks blocky becasue that's Medri's style.
    I really don't care for that particular art style myself and it's not one that I personally think makes characters look good. I makes them look chunky to me and not in a good way either. You like it and that's fine but not everyone is going to.

Red Hood/Arsenal is exactly what I expected, a fun as hell buddy cop book. Medri's art is pretty great although the hairdos he gave to both Jason and Roy SUCK

Seriously, what the hell?
    Loved the writing here but those hairdos have got to go and so does that collar that Jason is sporting now. Both are just horrible IMHO. I'm still not liking the costume redesigns or the art in particular either but maybe it'll grow on me over time.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

I lOVE Jay's new mohawk I Usually get a haircut like this so props,DC really digs the mohawk lately.Jason,Midnighter,gordon,bruce in zero year,The Joker in Endgame.
    Last edited by LP22; 05-06-2015 at 12:46 PM.

I wouldn't mind if the mohawk was a little less Bieber and little more punk rock. Still i think its a good look for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I wouldn't mind if the mohawk was a little less Bieber and little more punk rock. Still i think its a good look for him.
    I'd probably like Jay's mohawk better if it was more punk rock.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Astonishing Member

THIS WEEK IN JAYBIRDS, PAST.

I won't get too deep into Convergence: Batman & Robin's merits, but as far as Jason and Scarlet's showing, it was pretty nice. Actually ironically, considering its set in the midst of a dead-end timeline trash dump, it felt like a natural missing step in-between Jay's relationship with the Bat-Fam prior to Flashpoint and then presently now, after it. Well, Jason's relationship with Bruce and Damian, anyway. Scarlet didn't get a lot of development. But, on that note - she did hold her own in her first actual superhero "holy crap, metahumans" fight. And she wasn't unceremoniously fridged, either.

Otherwise, Cowan & Jansen had some better angles and bad-ass sorts of panels of Red Hood this month compared to last issue. The story itself was a little better, too. While B&R hasn't by a long shot been the "best of Convergence", Marz has told a pretty okay piece of the puzzle, and his Jason Todd voice is actually pretty solid.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Read the Divergence sneak peek. Oh man, I love it.

Love it. It's so 90s, but that's Jason, man. He's been 80s for so long. He died in the 80s, he came back as an 80s anti-character, it makes sense his progression of "self" would be trapped in the period of comics in which he died, and he's a little behind on the growth train - but he is growing. He's been shifting 90s since the New 52 began, but man, wow, he and Roy just hit PEAK 90S. And it's perfect - not just for them, but the perfect title for DC to be reflective and self-aware about how 90s extreme it is. Thoughtful and reflective of a holistic long period of self-growth is Grayson's bag. More youthful and modern and post-post? That's Tim Drake. Reveling in the era we're all currently embarrassed about and making it ironically cool? Perfect Jason fodder.

Kobra, even relaunched and without build-up, even not a shadow cult like Rucka & Trautmann were doing, should be a formidable threat.

I'd hoped I'd like the new dynamic, and yep, I sure do. I even like the costumes. Maybe not my favorite versions of Roy or Jason's costumes ever (I tend toward streamlining) but they fit the bill and don't look bad to me. Jason getting a touch reflective of how he looks in the new Arkham Knight, and Roy looking a little less Speedy and more Red Arrow are okay bits. (I do miss Roy's flippant trucker cap and sleevelessness, but it's no dealbreaker)

As far as Medri's art, while I like the cartoonish expressiveness, bigness, and the somewhat Bernard Changlike linework (definite compliment), what I think I like the most is that the redboys actually look their age for the first time in a while.
    Last edited by K. Jones; 05-06-2015 at 04:24 PM.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Jason looks like a woman in these drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Read the Divergence sneak peek. Oh man, I love it.

Love it. It's so 90s, but that's Jason, man. He's been 80s for so long. He died in the 80s, he came back as an 80s anti-character, it makes sense his progression of "self" would be trapped in the period of comics in which he died, and he's a little behind on the growth train - but he is growing. He's been shifting 90s since the New 52 began, but man, wow, he and Roy just hit PEAK 90S. And it's perfect - not just for them, but the perfect title for DC to be reflective and self-aware about how 90s extreme it is. Thoughtful and reflective of a holistic long period of self-growth is Grayson's bag. More youthful and modern and post-post? That's Tim Drake. Reveling in the era we're all currently embarrassed about and making it ironically cool? Perfect Jason fodder.

Kobra, even relaunched and without build-up, even not a shadow cult like Rucka & Trautmann were doing, should be a formidable threat.

I'd hoped I'd like the new dynamic, and yep, I sure do. I even like the costumes. Maybe not my favorite versions of Roy or Jason's costumes ever (I tend toward streamlining) but they fit the bill and don't look bad to me. Jason getting a touch reflective of how he looks in the new Arkham Knight, and Roy looking a little less Speedy and more Red Arrow are okay bits. (I do miss Roy's flippant trucker cap and sleevelessness, but it's no dealbreaker)

As far as Medri's art, while I like the cartoonish expressiveness, bigness, and the somewhat Bernard Changlike linework (definite compliment), what I think I like the most is that the redboys actually look their age for the first time in a while.
    Really? I think they look younger than they should be. Fault of the stupid haircut, no doubt.

What's with DC's current fixation on mohawks anyways?

Really? I think they look younger than they should be. Fault of the stupid haircut, no doubt.
    To me they look about the same age as before.

Who knows. At least now he's visually distinctive from the other former Robins. I think I'm already starting to get used to the look a bit honestly. Seriously though I don't mind Jason's haircut half as much as Roy's. It might be better if Roy's hair was a bit shorter like Jay's is although I suppose the Jaybird could simply be having helmet hair there.

BANNED

In the last several years the mohawk haircut has become really popular mainly due to famous sports stars like neymar and cristiano ronaldo,In my country It's the most stylish haircut,allot of people have it Including me.

But that's just in my country.