Page 636 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 136536586626632633634635636637638639640646686736 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I find it anyway odd that the Batman writers seem to be not able to handle stories with even just 5-7 characters in the main cast, while other writers seem easily able to handle much bigger casts.
    I guess you have to find a writer that gives a damn about 5-7 characters enough to tell a good story about them in the first place. But what kind of bigger casts are we talking? You mean something like injustice which whilst feels in touch with the characters does have to spilt time between them alot. Or did you mean like teen titans or jl groups, which I would argue wouldnt work out, since a lot of those things do have to break characters down into archetype roles in order to fit the classic 'team' dynamic. You know, one is strong, one is smart, one is leader, one is girl, you get the picture. Im not saying its impossible btw to create that kind of group without having everyone broken into base characteristics, but comic book writers arent exactly top tier creative minds most of the time and this isnt a business that creates much groundbreaking forms of storytelling. With a few exceptions here and there of course.

[x]

I'm so confused as to why theres no talk on Tims outfit as well, it looks pretty damn good.
    (Not here btw, I just mean in general or in the Tim thread)
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-09-2017 at 02:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I guess you have to find a writer that gives a damn about 5-7 characters enough to tell a good story about them in the first place. But what kind of bigger casts are we talking? You mean something like injustice which whilst feels in touch with the characters does have to spilt time between them alot. Or did you mean like teen titans or jl groups, which I would argue wouldnt work out, since a lot of those things do have to break characters down into archetype roles in order to fit the classic 'team' dynamic. You know, one is strong, one is smart, one is leader, one is girl, you get the picture. Im not saying its impossible btw to create that kind of group without having everyone broken into base characteristics, but comic book writers arent exactly top tier creative minds most of the time and this isnt a business that creates much groundbreaking forms of storytelling. With a few exceptions here and there of course.
    I think it is for example fair to compare the Eternals with other weekly event series like "52", "Trinity" and maybe even "Countdown" (even if that ended up beeing a mess), which did imo a far better job in having multiple subplots running for different characters at the same time, and writing them in character.
    Injustice is usually concentrating on a few characters at a time, but if you look at the size of the cast I find it really amazing how well the writers are able to write the majority of them in character (and the one who feel of like Superman have to be like that or the whole universe wouldn't really work).

When it comes to "archetype roles" you kind of have them in the Batfamily allready, but for some reason not really for any character. Jason is imo often suffering from not really having a defined role/skill set and just standing arround while the others do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think it is for example fair to compare the Eternals with other weekly event series like "52", "Trinity" and maybe even "Countdown" (even if that ended up beeing a mess), which did imo a far better job in having multiple subplots running for different characters at the same time, and writing them in character.
    Injustice is usually concentrating on a few characters at a time, but if you look at the size of the cast I find it really amazing how well the writers are able to write the majority of them in character (and the one who feel of like Superman have to be like that or the whole universe wouldn't really work).

When it comes to "archetype roles" you kind of have them in the Batfamily allready, but for some reason not really for any character. Jason is imo often suffering from not really having a defined role/skill set and just standing arround while the others do their thing.

I think it may be a problem with the perception of the batfamily at times as this 'group package' when (outside of batman and the idea of robin) they were never really created to compliment one another in the first place. They are not like the modern ninja turtles who each have an 'assigned role', so forcing them each into such a thing makes them either seem useless since they dont fit in, or wildly exaggerated in only one aspect of their skill set. Long story short its unsatisfying on almost all fronts.

I think it may be easier with ideas like countdown and trinity since you kind of have a clear mixture of characters and skill sets, especially with the inclusion of metas, where as in eternal everyone is human and a bat vigilante. This aint an excuse by the way, I still don't consider it impossible to have a large cast 'of humans' without resorting to formulaic categorizations of said characters. But as said, comic book writers are not especially known for being pioneer storytellers even in the best of times (eg; when editors give them some free reign), writing a balanced and layered large cast is a difficult task, its not that odd that most cant achieve it, most are just not that talented.

Looking good!

Anyone excited for this? This is the guy who played Red Hood in Nightwing:The Series

[x]

I'm so confused as to why theres no talk on Tims outfit as well, it looks pretty damn good.
    (Not here btw, I just mean in general or in the Tim thread)
    I think it looks good in fanarts but only okay in the trailer. Overall there's not a lot to talk about regarding the costumes of the robins except for Jason. The hair on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Looking good!
    What kinda super saiyan stuff is this? XD

But yeah, looks cool, I'm still lost on where this story is going, but super curious to find out.

What kinda super saiyan stuff is this? XD

But yeah, looks cool, I'm still lost on where this story is going, but super curious to find out.
    The zap is bigger everytime it appears.

I think it looks good in fanarts but only okay in the trailer. Overall there's not a lot to talk about regarding the costumes of the robins except for Jason. The hair on the other hand....
    Its a shame, perhaps it is just too soon, but I really expected more buzz about it. Any small outfit change within comics and the fans, especially artists, are usually all over that.***

Maybe (especially looking at Damian and Jason) its a tad on the 'safe' side, but its still a nice design thats unique to Tim now. His outfit is basically what I would have expected and wanted for a feudal Japan inspired RR motif, so on that aspect I still thought it 'delivered', if you're not into the more outrageous designs then this one is really well balanced, you know? Plus the hair is in a cool style, and definitely not something regular Tim would probably get the opportunity to wear again.

***btw I'm not saying that as a way of feeling entitled to get more 'fanart' of a beloved character, or complaining that theres not enough, thats a douche move and not my intention AT ALL. I'm just surprised by the general lack of excitement even from hardcore Tim fans is all.

The zap is bigger everytime it appears.
    OOOHH I feel so silly, I thought those were some kind of general 'energy blasts' going around the room. I totally forgot about the chest zapper!

Well, now I'm getting Thor vibes instead. :P
    Last edited by RedBird; 12-09-2017 at 03:54 AM.

***btw I'm not saying that as a way of feeling entitled to get more 'fanart' of a beloved character, or complaining that theres not enough, thats a douche move and not my intention AT ALL. I'm just surprised by the general lack of excitement even from hardcore Tim fans is all.
    Don't worry, I don't think you come across that way at all.

I like that with Marcus To, he always manages to make Jason look the younger brother of the two. You almost never see it in comics at all.

(Not here btw, I just mean in general or in the Tim thread)*
    We talked of it for a bit, but it was mostly "wow it looks cool" and then move on . Personally speaking, i love the outfit and i'm glad that they are using his original Red Robin symbol, i'm kind of tired of the diet cola Robin outfit at this point.