Page 666 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 166566616656662663664665666667668669670676716766 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 9,990 of 15150

Maybe all is not lost.

Quote Originally Posted by SpentShrimp View Post
    "Well, Geoff's idea was to have Red Hood be the Jason Todd of Earth-Two. So he'd be this kid, who wanted to be Batman's sidekick. He sneaks into the Batcave, and the first thing he sees as he boots up the bat-computers is... Batman murdered. And so he uses Bruce's stuff, training himself to take over for him. I think there was even talk of his possibly being Deathstroke's Robin."

Pretty interesting concept for Earth-Two Jason.
    Could you perhaps provide a link or source for this info?
    Its super interesting and kind of a sad missed oppurtunity to display Earth Two Jason, but ever since I heard this rumor I have still never found a source for it. Was it just word of mouth?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I think is mentioned on the extras of UtRH

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Not really, pretty appearant he changed his mind from his initial script. We don`t see Jason die at all in the book, after all, which is something he could have easily made a strong hint at.

As G posted, his reason to include Jason has grown beyond the Easter Egg use.

Extraordinary Member

For some reason the writers keep underestimating Jason's popularity.

BANNED

I can excuse Murphy in that regard since he hasn`t been mainstream up until now. And yes, it can suck that the iconography of being killed by the Joker for Jason is so attached to the character that it runs the risk of writers themselves not eyeing forward but what Murphy says ahead, proves that not only writers nowadays tend to find themselves pushing forward from the cathartic moment (as equally evident in a number of other alternative continuities/works in recent years) that in doing so, they do end aknowledging his popularity frame.

Case in point: in White Knight, from the creator`s proverbial mouth, what started as a mere Easter Egg will be expanded on more in the story and that alone is another likely example of the character slowly stepping up from that one moment in time.

BANNED

You guys have any idea what caused RHatO to take such a big drop in December? I seem to recall the last few months it managed to stay pretty stable, but it just lost about 1,700 and it's now in the 21,000 range.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

That is the normal range for the series though.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You guys have any idea what caused RHatO to take such a big drop in December? I seem to recall the last few months it managed to stay pretty stable, but it just lost about 1,700 and it's now in the 21,000 range.
    I didnīt know that..

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Don't know but it is not the only book, Green Arrow, Nightwing, Green Lanterns, Aquaman, Trinity, Suicide Squad they all dropped by a similar amount.

On the positive site, RHatO got into the Bleeding Cool Bestseller list for last week. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01...list-01-14-18/ I think it is the first time with exception of the Annual.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Could you perhaps provide a link or source for this info?
    Its super interesting and kind of a sad missed oppurtunity to display Earth Two Jason, but ever since I heard this rumor I have still never found a source for it. Was it just word of mouth?
    Hardcover of Infinite Crisis Page 258.

Spectacular Member

I'm curious as to what would happen if the sales continue to drop. Lobdell has had some good success as a screen writer, sooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by SpentShrimp View Post
    Hardcover of Infinite Crisis Page 258.
    Ah! Thank you

I don't have the hardcover book myself, but its still good to know where I could find it later on.
    I wonder why they halted the idea?

[x]

I hope like Father Todd, Reed Hood becomes one of those concepts that just, sticks around fandom yknow?