Page 672 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 172572622662668669670671672673674675676682722772 ... LastLast
Results 10,066 to 10,080 of 15150

Art time!

From 訇死亡

Have you guys watched Gotham by Gaslight yet?

Yup, it was alright. Nothing great but, seeing all those cameos made me smile.

Anyone read the latest Bombshells? They pulled out classic curly haired Jay for that finale. Also spoilers:
    the fact that the red string of fate Kate spoke of (basically a symbolic string that ties you to your soul mate) was not tied to either of her lovers, but her son Jason. Now that was pretty heartbreaking. Also that send off, Hoo Boy.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by RedBird; 01-26-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yup, it was alright. Nothing great but, seeing all those cameos made me smile.

Anyone read the latest Bombshells? They pulled out classic curly haired Jay for that finale. Also spoilers:
    the fact that the red string of fate Kate spoke of (basically a symbolic string that ties you to your soul mate) was not tied to either of her lovers, but her son Jason. Now that was pretty heartbreaking. Also that send off, Hoo Boy.
    end of spoilers
    Agreed, all the boys were so adorable in Gaslight. Would've loved also to see their sister get to join that little rag tag group too even though I know that's not happening now.
    spoilers:
    Bombshells has really been banging. I'm so happy there's a well written little Jay (for the size of the cast, all of them actually have pretty decent character writings) and to add onto that. Wow, look at that sheer difference there is between Bombshells universe and canon when someone coming back from a traumatic experience gets to have family and emotional support around them. I realize even Damian's resurrection on some part touched on this idea but it put so much of the spotlight on Bruce's feelings that once again, we skipped getting to hear how the one who actually died still feels about their own re-entry to life. It's pretty interesting this one's a Jason who pretty much found his closure, has likely forgiven his killer and is ready to go back to his own path. I thought this was a great take on what it means to use the Lazarus pit in a narrative without trying to shock value an old character back to life.

Also there's maybe a couple of lines Jason says in this arc that for some reason gave flashbacks to Death from Sandman or was that just me?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I finally read it and daang what a good issue! I love the almost silence in the latter half, and the only word spoken was Jason's name. As heartbreaking that send-off was, it's a consolation that he's not alone this time. Now I really need to reread the other issues just to pickup possible hints about the red thread. Also really happy that Talia is written as badass self in this series. Rebirth has been horrible to her.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    spoilers:
    I finally read it and daang what a good issue! I love the almost silence in the latter half, and the only word spoken was Jason's name. As heartbreaking that send-off was, it's a consolation that he's not alone this time. Now I really need to reread the other issues just to pickup possible hints about the red thread. Also really happy that Talia is written as badass self in this series. Rebirth has been horrible to her.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah the final goodbye really got to me. Its another send off for Jason, but probably one of his best, definitely more bittersweet than brutal whilst still in keeping with the nobleness, selflessness and bravery that made me love RobinJay in the first place.

Also, I'm pretty sure the dialogue about the red thread of fate was a repeat within issue 15, when Kate and Renee use the red thread of the baseball through the maze, (same monologue) its also kind of fitting since throughout the entire series Kate spends her time daydreaming and reminisces about her days with Maggie and about her time with Renee. The writer wove that thread (pardon the pun) pretty well, the whole time I was waiting for the sort of 'reveal', as to who really captured Kates heart. Was it her sweet days with Maggie? Or the passionate fight alongside Renee? Like I said, that's where the heart break happens when the one forever connected to her, turns out to be Jason, her child, all along. ;_;
    end of spoilers

BANNED

What's the difference between Bombshells and Bombshells united and where is Jason showing up?

Robin Jay and Tim from http://deflare.lofter.com/. I just love how spetacular it looks!!

Same artist!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    What's the difference between Bombshells and Bombshells united and where is Jason showing up?
    Bombshells is basically the first series and Bombshells United is a continuation of that.
    Jason has shown up in both as a child.

Jason first showed up (within a flashback) in bombshells issue #46 as a child that Kate finds and adopts with Renee during the Spanish Civil War. Both his origin and death are both presented and mirrored slightly from canon in this rendition whereupon he dies in a battlefield from Cheetah shooting him. Throughout the rest of bombshells he would show up in minor flashbacks for angst y moments and a painful reminder for both Kate and Renee. At the end of Bombshells though the last we see of Cheetah shows the remorse she feels from killing a child and she visits Jasons grave.

First Meeting (reminiscing)
    "...My Petirrojo. My Capucha Rojo."
    "...My Robin. My Red Hood." - translated

Bombshells United, picks up from the last series to follow Kates fight alongside Renee once again, (the series features a lot of old war scenarios) they come across both Talia Al Ghul and Cheetah who had apparently resurrected Jason using the Lazarus pits in an act of redemption. Jason returns revived around issue #18 for Bombshells United and the past few issues onward (its currently up to issue #23) have been based around Kate Renee and Jasons first and last moments together as a family whilst they fight back from the arcs antagonist Black Adam.

Kate and Renee reunited with a newly resurrected Jason.

Beautiful Art! The one with Robin Jay has spectacular colors, its gorgeous, and I always love seeing art of Arkhamverse Jay, especially with those cool dynamic poses.

Hope Jay gets to star in something else besides RHATO, now that his presence in Bombshells is likely over. Or Injustice should just hurry up and reveal him already.

Kinda sad that of all the Robins, Jason so far hasn't participated in any DC events. Granted, not that it has done the other robins any good but, whyyyyy.

BANNED

Thanks for the info Red Bird.