Page 679 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 179579629669675676677678679680681682683689729779 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,185 of 15150
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I've actually heard word that some fans believe that killing off Jason was a horrible idea so not everyone buys into the victim mentality and some read Jason's Robin tenure just deduce it based on how Jason killed people the most notable incident was that rapist and say that he doesn't understand Batman's mission is one of justice not revenge.
    The rapist wasn't the most notable one, he was (if Jason did it) the only one.
    And what many people tend to forget is that is that Batman wasn't much better during that run.

- In Batman 414 you had him brutally beat up a guy, of whom he thought that he was a serial killer (he wasn't).

- Ten Night of the Beast he trapped KGBeast and left him to stave (Ok that one was retconned later)

- in the Cult he actually killed someone (while he was under the control of Deacon Blackfire), and later let Blackfire get killed by his own men

It was in general a very dark a gritty run.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The rapist wasn't the most notable one, he was (if Jason did it) the only one.
    And what many people tend to forget is that is that Batman wasn't much better during that run.

- In Batman 414 you had him brutally beat up a guy, of whom he thought that he was a serial killer (he wasn't).

- Ten Night of the Beast he trapped KGBeast and left him to stave (Ok that one was retconned later)

- in the Cult he actually killed someone (while he was under the control of Deacon Blackfire), and later let Blackfire get killed by his own men

It was in general a very dark a gritty run.
    I say it's the fault of rose coloured glasses that and some people probably buy into the idea that Robin should be there to balance Bamtna's darkness and maybe just blame Jason for it all since he didn't balance him.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    Oh I'm very ready to spend the next week looking up dog and food references
    Any plans on your side?
    Dog and food! I can already tell I'm gonna love this one!

I sure have! Pretty excited for this one because New Year palette is something I've rarely done! But on the other hand, going for a Lion Dance, the details are already killing me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I say it's the fault of rose coloured glasses that and some people probably buy into the idea that Robin should be there to balance Bamtna's darkness and maybe just blame Jason for it all since he didn't balance him.
    Rose tinted glasses or people not really following the run. The Garzonas incident was and remains a pivotal plot point exactly because Jason wasn`t the murdering type despite his background and believing in in a somewhat harsher justice for some people...like Garzonas, whose victims the Law of Gotham failed to protect. Despite that, he decided to play by their rules and it didn`t work. That`s why the plot point shines and stands as the single best thing Starlin did in his brief run.

Trouble is, Dick Grayson fans and Jason naysayers at large grabbed that story like ammo and used to their advantage. Now, Starlin as we know, hated the Robin concept and whilst not murdering people, he also wrote Jason using rifles twice, which only added up for those who nitpicked what they desired to suit their arguments. You can obviously say the same for his Batman being a shoe in for the Miller prototype but why would you pick on the big guy, eh?

Despite how Silver-agey it felt, Aazh left one out for Batman. Jason also stopped Batman from beating Joker to death when he believed Selina had been murdered.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 02-01-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Rose tinted glasses or people not really following the run. The Garzonas incident was and remains a pivotal plot point exactly because Jason wasn`t the murdering type despite his background and believing in in a somewhat harsher justice for some people...like Garzonas, whose victims the Law of Gotham failed to protect. Despite that, he decided to play by their rules and it didn`t work. That`s why the plot point shines and stands as the single best thing Starlin did in his brief run.

Trouble is, Dick Grayson fans and Jason naysayers at large grabbed that story like ammo and used to their advantage. Now, Starlin as we know, hated the Robin concept and whilst not murdering people, he also wrote Jason using rifles twice, which only added up for those who nitpicked what they desired to suit their arguments. You can obviously say the same for his Batman being a shoe in for the Miller prototype but why would you pick on the big guy, eh?

Despite how Silver-agey it felt, Aazh left one out for Batman. Jason also stopped Batman from beating Joker to death when he believed Selina had been murdered.
    A guy I knew considered the Jason Robin run one of the worse selling moments in Batman history I concede that Jason is an unusual character in the generally black and white DC Universe. He definitely challenges the overly idealistic views of Batman and even actually provides a balance to the narrative. And that's not fair when Batman was at times just as bad as the Frank Miller Batman. And I am surprised that Jason in the Silver Age actually tried to stop Batman from going too far.

Extraordinary Member

Starlins run was in general a lot about Batman failing, that's a big difference between his run and almost every other run from that time.

- The Serial Killer I mentioned earlier was later caught by Batman, but went free because of a technicality and was than killed by the sister of one of his victims
    - In Ten Nights of the Beast, he went the the first time up against a villain who was stronger than him
    - In The Cult he was the first time broken by a villain
    - And Garzonas was also someone he couldn't stop

That wasn't in Starlins Run.
    But in Starlins Run he actually wanted to rescue Blackfire.

New DC-fan film featuring Red Hood and Arsenal.

"RED" launches the beginning of what will be one of the largest fan made DC Universes to date! Stay up to date on "The Absent Knight" series on Facebook & Instagram to not miss out on any of the action.

Gotham is in disarray. Batman is gone, crime is rampant, and hope seems lost. Nightwing and Robin do their best to fill the shoes of their mentor, but when a mysterious figure begins killing in Batman's name, even they aren't enough to protect the city. Haunted by the loss of his best friend, this killer brings Roy Harper to Gotham to investigate. In all the trials he's faced, none could have prepared him for this.

Quite dark, and has some pretty chilling elements. Hope they continue with this.

BANNED

@t Aazh

Ah, I believed you meant the era in general, not just Starlin. I stand corrected.

@t G-Potion

Another fan film for my list. Liking the athmosphere in the intro already but I need to see the whole thing. Any news yet on the "Nigthwing Series" Red hood?

Spectacular Member

Has Helena as Huntress ever killed? Not too familiar with the character?

@t G-Potion

Another fan film for my list. Liking the athmosphere in the intro already but I need to see the whole thing. Any news yet on the "Nigthwing Series" Red hood?
    Not specifically, but both the Red Hood actor and the camera/light guy posted this on their instagram just yesterday. I assume production is still on-going.

Yep, it's the hood. Note the tag, interesting....

Last edited by G-Potion; 02-01-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Also look out for these as well!

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Is this ever going to be used? I like it.