Page 692 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 192592642682688689690691692693694695696702742792 ... LastLast
Results 10,366 to 10,380 of 15150
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpentShrimp View Post
    Like I mentioned elsewhere; he doesn't have to be the Punisher. There's a lot of untapped potential there as far as a solo series goes. It's fun to see him work with a team and build new relationships, but at the same time it would be nice to have a series that can solely focus on Jason and his own adventures.
    I think it is very important for Jason to have a team that he is a steady part of since he never got the chance to have his own Teen Titans group like the other Robins and he's pretty much been a loner since his return. His being able to have that now was a good step for them to have taken because it allowed for him to think outside of himself for awhile, which was I think was an important step for the character. It allowed him a way to look at things from a fresh perspective and think about things instead of just constantly reacting to them. That's what I feel anyway.

There absolutely is a lot of untapped potential in a solo series with the right writer though. I agree with that and I'd be all for that so long as the writer they find is able to build their stories on the foundation that others have already built. I want to see the character continue to progress and not regress. I want to see nuanced stories that add even more depth to the character and his world. I want to see how he would do working on his own now that he's worked with others in a team. I think that a well written solo and the current team book could really compliment each other if handled right and make Jason an even stronger character overall. It might even lead to other writers handling the character better during guest appearances. (Yeah, I know the last is a pipe dream at best but a guy can dream can't he?)
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think he should get a solo once the current incarnation of the outlaws disbands. I mean it is rare nowadays that a team book goes for more that 50 issues without a change of the cast, and I would prefer Jason to get a solo run before they do third incarnation of the Outlaws.
    I'm not very familiar with other team books. Is that very common to change cast? For now it is difficult for me to imagine how Bizarro would leave. Would he die? The splitting of RH/A was heart-breaking already. Not another one for Jason...

Speaking of solo, for a character like Jason who doesn't express a lot, there must be some more close circle interactions (e.g. Willis, Ma Gunn...) to fill the blank left by teammates, I guess. And not just Batman villains, more stories about his own rouge gallery need to be included.

And I like the idea from @Aioros22 that some characters from law enforcement investigating him would be interesting, too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I think it is very important for Jason to have a team that he is a steady part of since he never got the chance to have his own Teen Titans group like the other Robins and he's pretty much been a loner since his return. His being able to have that now was a good step for them to have taken because it allowed for him to think outside of himself for awhile, which was I think was an important step for the character. It allowed him a way to look at things from a fresh perspective and think about things instead of just constantly reacting to them. That's what I feel anyway.

There absolutely is a lot of untapped potential in a solo series with the right writer though. I agree with that and I'd be all for that so long as the writer they find is able to build their stories on the foundation that others have already built. I want to see the character continue to progress and not regress. I want to see nuanced stories that add even more depth to the character and his world. I want to see how he would do working on his own now that he's worked with others in a team. I think that a well written solo and the current team book could really compliment each other if handled right and make Jason an even stronger character overall. It might even lead to other writers handling the character better during guest appearances. (Yeah, I know the last is a pipe dream at best but a guy can dream can't he?)
    I do believe having a team around him has helped push his character forward. I am a bit annoyed that editorial won't let him be a little violent. I think a good Detective Comics like solo series would be a good place to start for him being on his own.

I do believe having a team around him has helped push his character forward. I am a bit annoyed that editorial won't let him be a little violent. I think a good Detective Comics like solo series would be a good place to start for him being on his own.
    Like Lobdell mentioned in his interview, editorial has been demanding that he makes the book darker and Jason more violent, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Right, team book or solo, each covers a different aspect and pushes the character forward regardless. In a perfect world, once editorial realized that the team aspect has been sufficienly explored, they'll consider a solo to mine other possibilities.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 02-13-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Updated synopsis for Batman Ninja

Batman Ninja takes a journey across the ages as Gorilla Grodd's time displacement machine transports many of Batman's worst enemies to feudal Japan - along with the Dark Knight and a few of his allies. The villains take over the forms of the feudal lords that rule the divided land, with the Joker taking the lead among the warring factions. As his traditional high-tech weaponry is exhausted almost immediately, Batman must rely on his intellect and his allies - including Catwoman and the extended Bat-family - to restore order to the land, and return to present-day Gotham City.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Like Lobdell mentioned in his interview, editorial has been demanding that he makes the book darker and Jason more violent, so we'll see.
    Didn't editorial put the hold on him killing terrorists?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I hope not too dark otherwise it could end in thing reverting back to the Jason's Post-Crisis days.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Didn't editorial put the hold on him killing terrorists?
    They did but apparently they changed their mind. This is what Lobdell said:

When the series started, I understood they wanted to instill a “No Killing In Gotham City Rule.” But when we got to Qurac, I had him killing terrorists and soldiers who were trying to kill him. I got a note: “he can’t kill, remember?” I was like, “he’s in the middle of a war!” The note came back: “doesn’t matter. He promised.” Honestly, I was a little embarrassed: part of putting him in the middle of the war was so that I thought I could write a sort of Jason Unbound! So now I have him in the middle of a war and he can’t shoot any one. Sigh.

Lately I have gotten word to make the book grittier—darker—so maybe we will be seeing more of the more violent Red Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I hope not too dark otherwise it could end in thing reverting back to the Jason's Post-Crisis days.
    I don't think he would. Post-Crisis days DC didn't know what to do with him but since N52, he's been going for 6 years as a hero. And other medias like Injustice also see him as such. Also if Lobdell is at the helm, the characterization of Jason is in good hand.

I don't think he would. Post-Crisis days DC didn't know what to do with him but since N52, he's been going for 6 years as a hero. And other medias like Injustice also see him as such. Also if Lobdell is at the helm, the characterization of Jason is in good hand.
    I just hope the editors don't interfere where they're not needed that's often the reason why writer actually hate their job. The great Chris Claremont got short changed by Marvel and Jack Kirby by both companies and that led to some nasty falling out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I just hope the editors don't interfere where they're not needed that's often the reason why writer actually hate their job. The great Chris Claremont got short changed by Marvel and Jack Kirby by both companies and that led to some nasty falling out.
    Yeah, what Lobdell said about editorial mandate had me shaking my head. But at least Rebirth has been better in that regards compared to N52, and current editors are actually letting him play with ideas. I'm cautiously optimistic for now.

Yeah, what Lobdell said about editorial mandate had me shaking my head. But at least Rebirth has been better in that regards compared to N52, and current editors are actually letting him play with ideas. I'm cautiously optimistic for now.
    Yeah I can't believe it took a reboot give Jason the right characterisation he needed in contrast to his Post-Crisis days where everyone made him a psychopathic killer whose moral compass swung wildly depending on the writer. Bu that might because they hate him. But for now Lobdell is doing but he can't be there for long I hope the next writer will do Jason the same justice Lobdell did.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I love Soy's work but I still miss Medri

https://twitter.com/DenisMedri/statu...70236620488707

Extraordinary Member

At least I wouldn't mind if Jason got written a little darker and more serious again, in issues like the current one he comes of a little to goofy imo.