Page 693 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 193593643683689690691692693694695696697703743793 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,395 of 15150
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    At least I wouldn't mind if Jason got written a little darker and more serious again, in issues like the current one he comes of a little to goofy imo.
    I think his goofiness currently is really just Jason trying to keep Biz unaware that he suspects something is going on more then it is anything else. Up until recently Jason hasn't been written that way. There are even moments here and there where his expression is more serious and his inner monologue almost always reads more serious as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Spectacular Member

I'm not gonna lie. I really like the idea of Jason and Artemis as a couple. Artemis seems to understand why Jason is the way he is better than any character in DC.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I think his goofiness currently is really just Jason trying to keep Biz unaware that he suspects something is going on more then it is anything else. Up until recently Jason hasn't been written that way. There are even moments here and there where his expression is more serious and his inner monologue almost always reads more serious as well.
    I saw it more as Jason being uncomfortable because of his lack of dating experience and the surprise of what Artemis did. I do think he puts on a "everything is okay" vibe mostly because he doesn't know how to deal with what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SpentShrimp View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. I really like the idea of Jason and Artemis as a couple. Artemis seems to understand why Jason is the way he is better than any character in DC.
    I had more fun reading them in this issue than I've had reading a lot of recent pairings.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpentShrimp View Post
    It is a promising thing and one of the closest one can get to Batman and Wonder Woman pairing but it seems to work more because they are not Batman and Wonder Woman.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I love Soy's work but I still miss Medri

https://twitter.com/DenisMedri/statu...70236620488707
    That is good!

Yeah I feel the same. As well as his goofiness with Artemis. He's trying to give her a good time after all. I feel that he puts up a front for himself as well as other people. Whenever you get to read his inner monologue, he's the exact opposite of goofiness.

Fantastic Member

i see a jason as he is now as calling back to the more brutal golden age characters like the the spider or the shadow who would just straight murder criminals also the dual wielding guns which is made extra by the fact batman was inspired in part by those characters does anyone else agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    i see a jason as he is now as calling back to the more brutal golden age characters like the the spider or the shadow who would just straight murder criminals also the dual wielding guns which is made extra by the fact batman was inspired in part by those characters does anyone else agree?
    How do you mean "as he is now"? Wouldn't your description be closer to Post Crisis Jason?

Fantastic Member

sorry i meant Jason's characters as a whole

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    I saw it more as Jason being uncomfortable because of his lack of dating experience and the surprise of what Artemis did. I do think he puts on a "everything is okay" vibe mostly because he doesn't know how to deal with what's going on.
    I believe Aahz was referring to Jason's general goofy attitude in not just this issue, which had mostly to do with his awkwardness with the date itself, but in others since Biz has gotten smart and that's why my response was worded that way. In general Jason isn't the type to play the empty-headed goof but he seems to be doing so a lot whenever Biz is around although his inner monologues clearly show that its all an act on his part.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-15-2018 at 08:36 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    I'm not very familiar with other team books. Is that very common to change cast?
    There is no team of DC I can think of that really ran for a long time without some change of the cast, some times it is a slow change (with members leaving or joining one at a time) sometime almost the whole cast changes at once (that's usually combined with a relaunch).

Recently it was for example announced that the Justice League and Titans teams will get a major change May.

Fantastic Member

I believe Aahz was referring to Jason's general goofy attitude in not just this issue, which had mostly to do with his awkwardness with the date itself, but in others since Biz has gotten smart and that's why my response was worded that way. In general Jason isn't the type to play the empty-headed goof but he seems to be doing so a lot whenever Biz is around although his inner monologues clearly show that its all an act on his part.
    Thanks for clearing that up. It might also be partly out of guilt. Jason told Artemis that Bizarro overworked himself to please him. Bizarro "died" to protect them and is giving Jason all this stuff while stretching himself thin. If he calls Bizarro out he seems ungrateful and without proof he's grasping at straws. If he waits Bizarro could slip up or tell Jason himself.

Do you think he told Artemis about the Ma Gunn stuff ?

Extraordinary Member

I'm just not a fan of him getting belittled by Artemis, and have in general the feeling that Jason isn't really doing and achieving much in the book at the moment.

Here it was again Artemis who apparently came up with the plan for the fake date.

Jason is apparently trying to erase crime in Gotham, but since this mostly happens off panel (or at as short side story), has no real effect out side of his book and Bizzarro seems to do the planing (or to make it at least very easy for him with all the super tech) it doesn't real feel like something big.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Here it was again Artemis who apparently came up with the plan for the fake date.
    I think in this instance it has more to do with Artemis being more earnest to solve the problem while Jason prefers to observe first. Her openness allows Bizarro to correctly guess what she's thinking in his thought balloons while he's mostly unable to say anything about Jason in particular.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I think in this instance it has more to do with Artemis being more earnest to solve the problem while Jason prefers to observe first. Her openness allows Bizarro to correctly guess what she's thinking in his thought balloons while he's mostly unable to say anything about Jason in particular.
    True. I got the impression his paranoia with their date had to do with whether Artemis would bring it up. He mainly seems concerned if Jason knows anything. Since Jason has no real proof it doesn't make sense to confront Bizarro yet.