Page 695 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 195595645685691692693694695696697698699705745795 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,425 of 15150
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Nice
    Those are actually really good points.

Not that I don't appreciate the subtle character development that Lobdell has been putting out, but I wouldn't mind if he drew a little attention to these factors as well to better highlight the reluctance in our heroes. I just hope ultimately that the finale or payoff to this story is just as good or at least emotionally charged to warrant the long game that Lobdell has played out here. The mystery just keeps growing and I'm wanting more and more answers. I mean, at least I am still invested but I kinda want this story to either come to its conclusion soon or take a backseat to some other plot lines, preferably ones that don't feel like crossover fillers.

Sidenote 1: Did you guys notice that the villian was still sitting in the bar when Artemis and Jason were hauling Biz off the floor. Am I the only one confused about that?

Sidenote 2: Uh, is it just me or is Jason the second person texting Dick in the latest preview for Nightwing? I'm always on the lookout for those classic spit curls.
    Sidenote 1: Yup, Solitary is in the background saluting with a drink and looking at them in the final page when they walk Bizarro out. He`s not seen when they arrive at the scene and technically there wasn`t an angle towards the table he`s seen sitting at in that final page but you can always make a case that they just can`t see him OR he comes and goes as he pleases.

Anyone notice the Arkham Knight callout? "And I said, Screw You, Bat-Freak!" and the Bar sign?

Sidenote 2: Absolutely

BANNED

For those wondering what the texto message lulla is about..

Always Sassy, this kid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    At least I wouldn't mind if Jason got written a little darker and more serious again, in issues like the current one he comes of a little to goofy imo.
    That`s apples and oranges. The present issue is not a situation where he would be darker and make sense. If you make him a brooding dude, you taking away parts of the character that also shine, like showing Artemis a place in Gotham that could be considered "beautiful" despite, as Jason chims in, there being people eating in trash cans some blocks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    For those wondering what the texto message lulla is about..

Always Sassy, this kid.
    God I hope that that question was due to Jason planning on teepeeing the batmobile XD

On a sidenote I really do love this art and the general retro throwback flashback in Nightwing. Its really getting me nostalgic and taking me back to my favourite, late 70s to the whole 80s era of Batman. With lil Robin Jason and early Nightwing/Discowing.

God I hope that that question was due to Jason planning on teepeeing the batmobile XD
    This needs to happen. XD

Anyone notice the Arkham Knight callout? "And I said, Screw You, Bat-Freak!" and the Bar sign?
    So that's where it's from. I thought it sounded familiar. XD

BANNED

Haha Discowing is my favorite Nigthwing.

This ties nicely with the fact that Dick did give his number to Jason after their first mission together on "Batman" in the older Continuity. I`m not sure if that`s ever been referenced again after Jason came back but someone is doing his homework.

Extraordinary Member

So is young Jason now back in canon?

Btw. Dick dropped out of Hudson University way before Jasons first appearence. By the time Jason appeared he was allready a full time member of the New Teen Titans for quite some time (almost 30 issues). So the research the writer did was not that great.
    Last edited by Aahz; 02-16-2018 at 07:20 AM.

BANNED

The younger teenager Jason who became Robin during Dick`s transition was never out of Canon and any research in this case would never be point by point exactly the same since the continuity isn`t the same. The mention is how a writer brought up something that was written in the `80s pertaining the two characters and seldom mentioned hence.

This segment almost easily fits during Judas Contract with the difference being, Dick wasn`t out of University by then but that is the writer`s preferance for the setting he`s aiming at.

Extraordinary Member

The younger teenager Jason who became Robin during Dick`s transition was never out of Canon
    In "Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth #1" it was still said that he was 16 when stole the tires of the Batmobil. Here he looks younger.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I didn't read it as Bizarro personally hurting Artemis, but damn, if it's the case then it kinda speaks volume about how big of a priority Jason is to him.
    I wasn't trying to say Bizarro would intentionally hurt her. More like he would freak out and do it unknowingly when she tried to help him.

As for Jason's age when he was Robin I think Lobdell said he doesn't know. Probably because the editors keep changing it. During the Robin War tie in he tells Tim he was 17 when he became Robin. In Early RHATO they seem to imply he became Robin when be was younger and before editorial change it in the trade Roy said he was Robin for two years. 15/16 just seems like the age he'd die at.

Anyone notice how Jason's picture is bruised up on Dicks' phone?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    Ditto. It makes more sense when you think about it too. Artemis saw Akila lose it twice, the only reason she was hesitant to act the second time was because of her guilt over killing her. Bizarro is showing warning signs and she wants to do something before it's too late. Jason not only has the detective background by he rushed in to save his mom letting emotion overrule him in the past. If they blindly rush into this they could make it worse and he knows it. Artemis seems to know it too since she set this all up.
    I'm a little late to the party but those were some excellent points nonetheless.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

My too. I could see a young Jason Todd wanting to do that to get back at Bruce for something. I also love the call back to the split curls there and the overall nostalgic vibe of the art there as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    In "Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth #1" it was still said that he was 16 when stole the tires of the Batmobil. Here he looks younger.
    They can`t even pinpoint Dick`s age with every reboot. Looking 13 or 16 isn`t something a writer will hinge at and I doubt there was any notes from the writer.

All it matters is that young-er Jason is there and active.

BANNED

Tho I am aware the current state of affairs is a night mare for the Timeline/ Continuity buff