Page 717 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 217617667707713714715716717718719720721727767817 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 15150
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    What I mean is that people that don't read outside the main books aren't aware of most of what happens outside those books. And that DOTF was like 5 years ago and so it literally has been years since that interaction. I don't agree with the statement that that was the last time he was written significantly in character in the main books, but still, if you or those people select that story as the last time he was, it certainly has been years.

Also, Red Robin is pre-N52, right? New 52 was a departure for a lot of characters. Writers changed a lot of their traits and background details as far as I know.
    I feel like the writers and editors should know. Years back there was more of a sense of consistency where now characters can change on a dime based on who's writing them. I didn't agree with that statement about Jason not being written well in years either.

I was more or less mentioning it for the irony of Tim previously trying to kill his dad's murderer but even in New 52 Tim to pre-Tynion he wasn't written like this. Tim knew multiple ways to handle a situation and didn't condemn Jason for what he did. Jason still killed when they started acting like brothers. Tim tired to understand why and knew others didn't. He wasn't written as someone who's shocked at the very notion of Jason being part of a family meeting.
    Last edited by EMarie; 02-28-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Oooh I like this a lot!

BANNED

https://www.cbr.com/injustice-2-impo...todd-red-hood/

CBR just did an article on Jason's reveal and I agree with the general sentiment even if disagreeing how they tooth the Comic horn a bit much and call It cheap In the AK where despite not knowing beforehand that "Red Hood" was the goal of a journey, like in Injustice, nonetheless a similar effect takes place.

Oh and Gold and Blue didnt get merked, I ressent that. Gold is punched through buildings but has his field on and Blue is hinted to be one of the few who could harm Amazo and they dont even clash because Supergirl.

Who wrote this thing, Superman?
    Last edited by Aioros22; 03-01-2018 at 04:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Whaaa Jason you just need Roy's cap to complete the Terry Bogard look.
    I knew someone would get the reference, my man.

BANNED

Can anyone give a source for the rumored R-Rathed Elsewords imprint?

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/injustice-2-impo...todd-red-hood/

CBR just did an article on Jason's reveal and I agree with the general sentiment even if disagreeing how they tooth the Comic horn a bit much and call It cheap In the AK where despite not knowing beforehand that "Red Hood" was the goal of a journey, like in Injustice, nonetheless a similar effect takes place.
    Agree. AK as I see it focused on the journey Jason went in the wake of his trauma to finally overcoming it while Injustice is building up to his Red Hood image. AK was never about the shocking reveal, any more than its Injustice counterpart. Same thing, only the focused parts of the journey are different.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    I feel like the writers and editors should know. Years back there was more of a sense of consistency where now characters can change on a dime based on who's writing them.
    Years back there were continuity and character bibles that writers and editors referred to or so I've heard. It also helped that creative teams stayed on a book longer back then as well so a character got consistent characterization from that writer, which made it easier for other writers to make their portrayals consistent too. I don't believe they even have continuity or character bibles anymore based on how screwed up continuity gets plus how often characters are mishandled outside of their own titles and writer turnover on books is a lot higher now than it was back then, which doesn't help.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

Years ago most of the books were written by Cuck Dixon...

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    I feel like the writers and editors should know. Years back there was more of a sense of consistency where now characters can change on a dime based on who's writing them. I didn't agree with that statement about Jason not being written well in years either.

I was more or less mentioning it for the irony of Tim previously trying to kill his dad's murderer but even in New 52 Tim to pre-Tynion he wasn't written like this. Tim knew multiple ways to handle a situation and didn't condemn Jason for what he did. Jason still killed when they started acting like brothers. Tim tired to understand why and knew others didn't. He wasn't written as someone who's shocked at the very notion of Jason being part of a family meeting.
    Consistency in charactherization and continuity went away from DC around 2003, it was gradual and not all at once, but litle by little thing were getting weird and confusing regarding boths.

BANNED

"Character Bibles" can be restraining for a writer as well. I say let writers write and let Editors - those who should be interested in keeping shared consistancy - supervise.

BANNED

Have you guys looked at the Kickstarter for Gotham City Chronicles?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ity-chronicles

I only bring it up here because I think Jason has one of the coolest player pieces and figured y'all would be interested.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Can anyone give a source for the rumored R-Rathed Elsewords imprint?
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...ed-elseworlds/

"Character Bibles" can be restraining for a writer as well. I say let writers write and let Editors - those who should be interested in keeping shared consistancy - supervise.
    Nah. Character bibles are a must if you want to have a consistent ongoing narrative of one character across multiple books, something that as we all know, has been an issue with Jason since the start. Don't forget Collins even complained about the lack of one when he started his tenure on Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Have you guys looked at the Kickstarter for Gotham City Chronicles?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ity-chronicles

I only bring it up here because I think Jason has one of the coolest player pieces and figured y'all would be interested.
    The box uses Rebirth art. The Jason piece is the old UtRH design...

Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 03-01-2018 at 09:22 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Consistency in charactherization and continuity went away from DC around 2003, it was gradual and not all at once, but litle by little thing were getting weird and confusing regarding boths.
    The kind of continuity DC and Marvel has is very unwieldy to be honest I am actually surprised that anyone would not be able to remain consistent. But then again Alan Moore did propose the return of the old DC Multiverse when he pitched his Twilight of the Superheroes story. While the story was a What If story it also would have served as a sort of grand finale to DC Universe and through it writers can add or subtract anything they wish. Writers are allowed to do as they wished more and fans get some level stability with consistency and everyone wins. Alan Morre even brought up that with through this scenario you could even market a DC based Dungeon and Dragons style because that's what Twilight of the Superheroes was set in a world that degenerated into a world where superheroes were given the power to rule the world and it became a feudal society.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-01-2018 at 09:29 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Perfect place for Jason. Now if only DC thinks the same.