Page 735 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 235635685725731732733734735736737738739745785835 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 15150
    BANNED

Morally wise it fits. Damian and Ras are a no brainer but it`s not challenging either.

Dick and Hush because...well, because. Not bad but not exciting either.

Yeah, meant it in a good way, especially if this face-off turns out more cerebral. I'll thank Seeley.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 03-16-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Still, a shame Jason doesn't get to face Hush.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Considering Seeley was working with King when Jason showed up on Grayson, we're back again with the Robin going bad premise, the current trend of making Lonnie a villain -missing the entire point of anarky as character- is a double slap on the face.

At this point I'm just sick of Jason being dragged to Batfamily events like this. I like he and Bruce are able to talk without turning into a fight every time but they need to stop making them glued to the hip.

Wasnt Grayson 12 all King? I don't remember clearly. Regardless, I wasn't offended by it though. Also the solicit states "some see him as the robin gone bad" so it can as much be alluding to misconception characters (and readers) who don't know Jason very well have of him. By giving the impression with the solicit, he can prove why its wrong in story. We'll see which direction Seeley takes, whether he is gonna deconstruct the trope.

Edit: Actually no I take it back. I wasn't offended by the reunion between Dick and Jason nor the punch. The other issue with the We Are Robins kids I was not okay with.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 03-16-2018 at 02:50 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yeah, Grayson #12 was ALL King. I just looked at my digital issue of it and King's name is solo on the writing credit there so Seeley had nothing to do with how Jason was handled there and frankly I though he was handled just fine in that issue. Dick deserved both the punch Jason hit him with and the dressing down as well. Anyway I'm looking forward to the issue with Jason and Anarky as well as all the others.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Mighty Member

Jason was fine in Grayson #12. Dick deserved that reaction. He was also fine in his Nightwing appearance imo.

Seeley co-wrote King's entire tenure on Grayson.

Seeley lacks any subtlety or interest on subverting expectations, his Nightwing run was as predictable as it would get, so I don't expect any change now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Jason was fine in Grayson #12. Dick deserved that reaction. He was also fine in his Nightwing appearance imo.
    He especially deserved it from Jason seeing as how he actually had died before, whereas Dick was just faking it.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Seeley co-wrote King's entire tenure on Grayson.

Seeley lacks any subtlety or interest on subverting expectations, his Nightwing run was as predictable as it would get, so I don't expect any change now.
    His name isn't on that particular issue though. Only King's is. Seeley wasn't involved in every single issue of Grayson even if he was co-writer. There were a few specific issues that either ONLY Seeley or King wrote. # 12 was one such issue. I clearly remember one or the other of them mentioning that in an interview somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    His name isn't on that particular issue though. Only King's is. Seeley wasn't involved in every single issue of Grayson even if he was co-writer. There were a few specific issues that either ONLY Seeley or King wrote. # 12 was one such issue. I clearly remember one or the other of them mentioning that in an interview somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Only the plot (the Story) was by Seeley not the actually script (writing). That was all King and that is why he is given the writer's credit if you look on Comixology. Most of the issues show both Seeley and King as the writers but this one doesn't and there are a few other times that is the case. It also says so right there in the image you provided. Script/ Tom King. Plot by Seeley and King. Script is the actual writing duties not plotting. That's a separate thing.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 03-16-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Not that I disliked it, but I thought it was strange that Jason would ask about Dick love's life. Didn't think they were at the point for that conversation to happen.

Extraordinary Member

At least Jason is one of the 5 character who gets a one shot, and no other Batfamily character is around to be pushed at his expense.

But I also think that it would be cooler to have Jason and Lonnie team up, and explore their different morals.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    He especially deserved it from Jason seeing as how he actually had died before, whereas Dick was just faking it.
    Tbf, Dick did die for like a minute. He was just pretending to still be dead. Still a jerk move though.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Not that I disliked it, but I thought it was strange that Jason would ask about Dick love's life. Didn't think they were at the point for that conversation to happen.
    I was just super glad to see them in a time of not crises and talking about something normal tbh.