Page 739 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 239639689729735736737738739740741742743749789839 ... LastLast
Results 11,071 to 11,085 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    What about Judd Winick the man who brought Jason back to life?
    Judd Winick isn't on the team though. Though, I'd say that he enjoyed the character as well, considering his work on UTH, Lost Days and the several guest appearances he gave Jason in other books.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Judd Winick isn't on the team though. Though, I'd say that he enjoyed the character as well, considering his work on UTH, Lost Days and the several guest appearances he gave Jason in other books.
    Jason sure is popular with the public but it sounds like he isn't very popular with many staff members at DC since some just make him a kill happy psycho.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Jason sure is popular with the public but it sounds like he isn't very popular with many staff members at DC since some just make him a kill happy psycho.
    Well DC couldn't just admit that the poll was a shitty thing to do so they just had to lay the blame on Jason instead. Writers were just carrying out the the task until the "bad robin" misinformation is widely spread.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 03-21-2018 at 09:29 AM.

Well DC couldn't just admit that the poll was a shitty thing to do so they just had to lay the blame on Jason instead. Writers were just carrying out the the task until the misinformation is widely spread.
    And yet Jason gets a writer who actually wants to give him a better reputation than the old writers who make him sound incompetent when he was Robin and portray him as a killer without nuance.

And yet Jason gets a writer who actually wants to give him a better reputation than the old writers who make him sound incompetent when he was Robin and portray him as a killer without nuance.
    It's largely thanks to the fan demand I guess. IIRC, at the start of N52 they said that the request for a Jason book was the highest they've ever seen. Jason getting a book meant giving him an actual direction, whereas pre-N52 they didn't know what to do with him. Also Dark once shared that Judd Winnick was supposed to helm the first RHATO series, but DC liked Lobdell's pitch and gave it to him instead.

Now with RHATO rebirth, not only the writer but the artist, colorist and letterer have expressed their love for the character as well.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 03-21-2018 at 09:42 AM.

It's largely thanks to the fan demand I guess. IIRC, at the start of N52 they said that the request for a Jason book was the highest they've ever seen. Jason getting a book meant giving him an actual direction, whereas pre-N52 they didn't know what to do with him. Also Dark once shared that Judd Winnick was supposed to helm the first RHATO series, but DC liked Lobdell's pitch and gave it to him instead.
    Well that explain Jason's wild card status in the Pre-52 but can you imagine if DC had not rebooted and still gave Jason a book? So what was Judd Winick's pitch anyway?

Well that explain Jason's wild card status in the Pre-52 but can you imagine if DC had not rebooted and still gave Jason a book? So what was Judd Winick's pitch anyway?
    Not sure what his pitch was. Maybe Dark can answer this?

As for a non-reboot Jason book, I'm not sure if I'd like it that way. The last time we saw him pre-reboot he had Scarlett as a sidekick and to be honest, I don't think it's something Jason should do considering how well it had turned out for him.

Also pre-N52 has some canon that I'd rather not have happened at all. Battle for the Cowl and Nightwing: Brothers in Blood come to mind. Thankful for n52 for wiping them all clean.

Not sure what his pitch was. Maybe Dark can answer this?

As for a non-reboot Jason book, I'm not sure if I'd like it that way. The last time we saw him pre-reboot he had Scarlett as a sidekick and to be honest, I don't think it's something Jason should do considering how well it had turned out for him.
    I'll wait until Dark comes along then. Well there is an option to deal with Scarlett have Jason give Scarlett actual help and put her Leslie Thompkins and have Jason go off on his own without her. That way he can have other characters working like him.

Also pre-N52 has some canon that I'd rather not have happened at all. Battle for the Cowl and Nightwing: Brothers in Blood come to mind. Thankful for n52 for wiping them all clean.
    Well there is the option of turning the kill happy Batman in Battle for the Cowl and whoever it was in Nightwing: Brothers in Blood into imposters Jason is hunting down and he proves to the rest of the Batfamily that he isn't that killer.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-21-2018 at 09:59 AM.

That's rather complicated isn't it? What would the imposter's motive be? As horrible as BftC is, the emotion was running too high for it to be anyone but Jason. Also Bruce's will played a big part in making Jason go off the rail.

That's rather complicated isn't it? What would the imposter's motive be? As horrible as BftC is, the emotion was running too high for it to be anyone but Jason. Also Bruce's will played a big part in making Jason go off the rail.
    Maybe someone who wanted to replicate Jason as part of some twisted game to besmirch Batman's name maybe Ra's al Ghul though Ra's respects Batman too much to pull something like that he's willing to a lot of things but that might not be one of those things. Well it can be anyone really Gotham is full of sick people who would do such a thing you could even use the Court of Owls for something like that. It's tricky and bound to be full of plot holes that one must think through before writing it down but if DC had not rebooted it might be the best way to redeem Jason. Either that or someone caught Jason and used a drug on him to try to make him a weapon against Batman. But it benefits the wider DC Universe and Jason all at the same time. It's mainly using continuity as a tool something I learned from Shawn James he maybe an arrogant man who only commits half the research for anything he writes and suffers from delusions but he does understand somethings about writing comics. But I would not make him editor in chief of DC Comics if he was he would reboot the whole universe and start from scratch but he would definitely never bring back Jason or include Damian since he hates them. And he needs to see a psychiatrist.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-21-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Now with RHATO rebirth, not only the writer but the artist, colorist and letterer have expressed their love for the character as well.
    Veronica too? I must have missed that. What did she say?