Page 740 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 240640690730736737738739740741742743744750790840 ... LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Veronica too? I must have missed that. What did she say?
    Not anything particular but she was every eager to color when Soy posted some of his Jason art. She also retweets RHATO fanarts as well.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 03-21-2018 at 10:59 AM.

https://comicbookconvos.blogspot.com...-7-taylor.html

Here's an interview with the RHATO Letterer Taylor Esposito.

It mainly focuses on the difficulties with lettering, the misconceptions and some advice for anyone wanting to pursue the career.

Plus here's a nice snippet.

GK: You've spent a lot of time lettering Red Hood and the Outlaws. In your opinion, what makes lettering Jason Todd’s adventures different from other titles you’ve worked on?

TE: Honestly, it’s my favorite Bat-character, since I see a lot of myself in Jason. Hothead who doesn’t quite fit in with everyone else. I just relate a bit, which makes it easy to get into the book and enjoy it.

It's not necessary per say, but it's always nice to hear that the people working on the book actually enjoy the character as well.
    I knew it! One only can tell how much he likes the book by how he works his lettering; there are lots of little nice things and touches here and there all across the run. Or even out of it, like that one with the water and pup pup that didn't make it.

I hope this team lasts long: everyone seems to enjoy working on RHatO..

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Judd Winick isn't on the team though. Though, I'd say that he enjoyed the character as well, considering his work on UTH, Lost Days and the several guest appearances he gave Jason in other books.
    I would say Winnick still loves the character much.

Hah, looking at the fanarts, it seems the hoody sweat and the cup was well liked by fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I would say Winnick still loves the character much.
    He certainly does.

By the way we might have some funko Red Hood news at SDCC.

Hah, looking at the fanarts, it seems the hoody sweat and the cup was well liked by fans.
    The hat is like the new bucket. Gaining fanarts steadily.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    By the way we might have sme funko Red Hood news at SDCC.
    All my YES! Will buy most certainly. Now, I just need an official Moon Knight Funko to buy as well (because I think there isn't one yet).

Spectacular Member

Hope the entire RHATO team can have an interview together one day...
    Last edited by magpieM; 03-21-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Winnick likes Jason but for him, Red Hood is and can only be a villain.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Winnick likes Jason but for him, Red Hood is and can only be a villain.
    So do you know what was Judd Winick's proposal for Jason in the New 52?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    What about Judd Winick the man who brought Jason back to life?
    Now fair warning this is just how I felt about the way Winick writes and approaches the character, I don't have any particular objective evidence to my idea, and it is possible that the man feels differently as the years have passed. But.

I always got the impression that Winick liked writing for Jason, but only because of the witty and 'villainy' voice he got to create and use for the character. He seems to like him enough, but only as a villain and an irritating thorn in Batmans vision for justice, but not nearly in the way that a lot of old school fans like the character, and hell not even in the way new fans liked the character as a morally grey but still interesting and understandable anti-hero (I'm pretty sure Winick expressed surprise when people had liked and even agreed with Jasons stance).

His return doesn't seem to be out of a love for the old dead Robin, there's no implication that Winick revived the character to give him a more fairer or second chance, or even to make him a long term antihero/villian. He revived him for a one off story line and had planned to kill him once again by the end, in what would have been a more edgy and twisted tale to the end of Jason Todd. First to be killed off by the Bats enemy and then returning fueled by crazed vengeance to be then offed by the Bat himself, in what would have ended as a way of adding even more angst to Bruces failure of Jasons life, and would have made Jasons death even more a product of his own creation. Adding more fuel to idea that his deaths (both of them, if it had gone through) was his own fault. Not that he ever WAS responsible for his own death, but that's certainly the road DC wanted to create in order to save face after DITF.

I think Winick enjoys the villain he created, but doesn't really have plans to progress Jasons development as a character beyond that, and as much as I adore Winicks voice for Jason, this sadly wasn't really ever a 'Ed Brubaker reviving Bucky Barnes' scenario, a case where a writer wanted to do their favorite character some justice to 'fix' what they felt was a lost opportunity with a great character. This was Winick basically turning to other writers and editors like 'hey you know what would be f'd up? If we brought back Jason Todd, but like, made him evil.'

Now fair warning this is just how I felt about the way Winick writes and approaches the character, I don't have any particular objective evidence to my idea, and it is possible that the man feels differently as the years have passed. But.

I always got the impression that Winick liked writing for Jason, but only because of the witty and 'villainy' voice he got to create and use for the character. He seems to like him enough, but only as a villain and an irritating thorn in Batmans vision for justice, but not nearly in the way that a lot of old school fans like the character, and hell not even in the way new fans liked the character as a morally grey but still interesting and understandable anti-hero (I'm pretty sure Winick expressed surprise when people had liked and even agreed with Jasons stance).

His return doesn't seem to be out of a love for the old dead Robin, there's no implication that Winick revived the character to give him a more fairer or second chance, or even to make him a long term antihero/villian. He revived him for a one off story line and had planned to kill him once again by the end, in what would have been a more edgy and twisted tale to the end of Jason Todd. First to be killed off by the Bats enemy and then returning fueled by crazed vengeance to be then offed by the Bat himself, in what would have ended as a way of adding even more angst to Bruces failure of Jasons life, and would have made Jasons death even more a product of his own creation. Adding more fuel to idea that his deaths (both of them, if it had gone through) was his own fault. Not that he ever WAS responsible for his own death, but that's certainly the road DC wanted to create in order to save face after DITF.

I think Winick enjoys the villain he created, but doesn't really have plans to progress Jasons development as a character beyond that, and as much as I adore Winicks voice for Jason, this sadly wasn't really ever a 'Ed Brubaker reviving Bucky Barnes' scenario, a case where a writer wanted to do their favorite character some justice to 'fix' what they felt was a lost opportunity with a great character. This was Winick basically turning to other writers and editors like 'hey you know what would be f'd up? If we brought back Jason Todd, but like, made him evil.'
    Well said. That's definitely the impression that he gave from his interviews. However, do you think his view changed a tiny bit by the last time he wrote Jason in the B&R issue where he rescued Scarlet? He's still a villain, but his focus was for once about protecting someone and not on his own issue.

firefly2015.lofter.com

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    So do you know what was Judd Winick's proposal for Jason in the New 52?
    It was pretty much what everyone accused N52 RHATO to be: violent, edgy, grim.