Page 747 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 247647697737743744745746747748749750751757797847 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    so what does that mean exactly
    Uh it means there were a lot of Red Hood cosplayers at the con? Or if you are asking about the other half of my comment, it means other people are also saying Batman Ninja's Jason feels like UTRH's Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ty-chronicles/

No idea what this is about but there's a Hush version of Jason.

Hum, a boardgame, roleplaying game, by its looks. Cool. I like to play them, a pity I hardy do so because I lack close friends who dig them (sad puppy face).

All-New Member

Agreed he is sooo underrated and practically not heard of by casual nerds.

www.**********

Spectacular Member

And it is here, Red Hood IT trailer.

God that was dumb. Did a 14 year old write it?

BANNED

Care to elaborate, beyond the swearing?

BANNED

The Ninja Turtles dialogue choices with Red Hood

Probably the coolest DLC nobody saw coming.

Quote Originally Posted by SpentShrimp View Post
    God that was dumb. Did a 14 year old write it?
    No need to be rude about it. Why not explain why you think so instead?

Spectacular Member

No need to be rude about it. Why not explain why you think so instead?
    It's another one dimensional view of Jason as the Red Hood, but this time it includes....Swearing! And he works out of a garage like the Punisher would!

Seriously. It's the same exact thing that's been done with every other Red Hood fan film. It's super edgy, but it has swearing this time! IT's over dramatic to the Nth degree. There's no fun with it. These fan films are drab and have no creativity.

Mighty Member

I kinda agree with SpentShrimp on it ( and most fan films of any character tbh). They are usually one dimensional and focused on how cool the creators believe that character to be and highlighting or harping on specific aspects. Which is fine cause its just a fun fan thing. But I also think that it sounds like edgy cringe that alot of Punisher/Red Hood things fall into.

It's another one dimensional view of Jason as the Red Hood, but this time it includes....Swearing! And he works out of a garage like the Punisher would!

Seriously. It's the same exact thing that's been done with every other Red Hood fan film. It's super edgy, but it has swearing this time! IT's over dramatic to the Nth degree. There's no fun with it. These fan films are drab and have no creativity.
    ...it's a one-minute long trailer.

Seems like you already have a fully formed opinion despite this being only a trailer. Maybe it will turn out like you said, maybe not, we'll see. Regardless, saying these fanfilms have no creativity is just plain wrong. The idea of Red Hood vs Pennywise is a creative one regardless of how the execution turns out. Or, if you want a good multi dimensional Red Hood, check out the Red Hood Retcon episodes.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I have to agree with SpentShrimp and Alycat insofar as fan films are concerned although I haven't looked at this particular trailer as yet. Not every one of them is bad but TBH I have seen an awful lot of them that were just cringe worthy nonsense and that's across fandoms not just in the comic one.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    ...it's a one-minute long trailer.
    And it did not impress upon me a different take on a fan film of the character.

Spectacular Member

Seems like you already have a fully formed opinion despite this being only a trailer. Maybe it will turn out like you said, maybe not, we'll see. Regardless, saying these fanfilms have no creativity is just plain wrong. The idea of Red Hood vs Pennywise is a creative one regardless of how the execution turns out. Or, if you want a good multi dimensional Red Hood, check out the Red Hood Retcon episodes.
    It's one thing for him to take on a foe from a different IP, but they don't do anything unique with Jason as a character.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I have to agree with SpentShrimp and Alycat insofar as fan films are concerned although I haven't looked at this particular trailer as yet. Not every one of them is bad but TBH I have seen an awful lot of them that were just cringe worthy nonsense and that's across fandoms not just in the comic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I kinda agree with SpentShrimp on it ( and most fan films of any character tbh). They are usually one dimensional and focused on how cool the creators believe that character to be and highlighting or harping on specific aspects. Which is fine cause its just a fun fan thing. But I also think that it sounds like edgy cringe that alot of Punisher/Red Hood things fall into.
    I'm not surprised that I'm not the only one who got an edgy cringe vibe from this. It gives the impression that people only watched UTRH and thought that is how Jason is in every appearance he makes.

Though the icing on the cake for fun of the mill Jason Todd/Red Hood fan film would to have him smoking. I have yet to see artwork posted with Jason smoking that has some style to it. Spike Spiegal makes smoking look cool. Clint East in his old Spaghetti Westerns makes smoking look cool. Steve McQueen makes smoking look cool.

Tumblr artwork posted of Jason Todd smoking has yet to have any style to it.