Page 759 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 259659709749755756757758759760761762763769809859 ... LastLast
Results 11,371 to 11,385 of 15150
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    What is he really going at here? Playing the validation of either working in his story?
    Exactly that.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Exactly that.
    Based on this information alone I guess the DCEU is going to continue on isn't it? It's not going to be scrapped because of Justice League's poor reception? And I guess it could mean a live action adaptation of Under the Hood. It should suit Snyder's generally gritty and realistic style.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Based on this information alone I guess the DCEU is going to continue on isn't it? It's not going to be scrapped because of Justice League's poor reception? And I guess it could mean a live action adaptation of Under the Hood. It should suit Snyder's generally gritty and realistic style.
    Snyder is out and other than Aquaman, WW2, SS2 and Shazam there's no real info on what will happen with the DCEU.

Snyder is out and other than Aquaman, WW2, SS2 and Shazam there's no real info on what will happen with the DCEU.
    I thought he was done mourning the loss of his daughter and came back? Then again after Justice League's failure I guess it should be expected but then again Joss Whedon just made things worse but changing parts of the film. Well to hope that Under the Hood gets adapted could be hoping for too much I'd say either Titans or Young Justice has a better chance of adapting Under the Hood than the DCEU. And in either scenario I'd say Jason would antagonise the Titans and Team instead of Bruce. But would anyone want that though?
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 04-06-2018 at 08:13 AM.

DARKANGEL-LEVY colored the Rafael Gumboc sketch cover posted some pages back:

Screenshot_20180406-114645.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mighty Member

I thought he was done mourning the loss of his daughter and came back? Then again after Justice League's failure I guess it should be expected but then again Joss Whedon just made things worse but changing parts of the film. Well to hope that Under the Hood gets adapted could be hoping for too much I'd say either Titans or Young Justice has a better chance of adapting Under the Hood than the DCEU. And in either scenario I'd say Jason would antagonise the Titans and Team instead of Bruce. But would anyone want that though?
    Snyder was doing a terrible job so I don't see why he would be back. We have no idea if Joss made things better or worse though so I have no idea why he gets so much of the blame on Justice League. I feel like of the 3 options YJ has the best chance of having better writing. But I'm also unsure of it juggling that storyline among so many characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    Snyder was doing a terrible job so I don't see why he would be back. We have no idea if Joss made things better or worse though so I have no idea why he gets so much of the blame on Justice League. I feel like of the 3 options YJ has the best chance of having better writing. But I'm also unsure of it juggling that storyline among so many characters.
    If you want to see YJ do Under the Red Hood, check out YJ Abridged, which I've come to vastly prefer to the original series. It puts enough unique spins on the story that it's different from the movie, the pathos is maintained despite the humor and through some clever editing, they even managed to include the Outlaws.
    Last edited by Assam; 04-06-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Well when Snyder left it came down to Joss Whedon to finalise everything so he might have caused some problems with the final product possibly creating a movie with clashing visions. Weisman is a good writer and Under the Hood could be adapted as a sub-plot actually. But given how the failure of the second season was using all the new characters effectively so yeah I the problem with adapting Under the Hood for Young Justice. But it could be done in subsequent seasons.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    If you want to see YJ do Under the Red Hood, check out YJ Abridged, which I've come to vastly prefer to the original series. It puts enough unique spins on the story that it's different from the movie, the pathos is maintained despite the humor and through some clever editing, they even managed to include the Outlaws.
    I've seen it and I think its neat, but I find some of the changes they made to be too jarring.

Well when Snyder left it came down to Joss Whedon to finalise everything so he might have caused some problems with the final product possibly creating a movie with clashing visions. Weisman is a good writer and Under the Hood could be adapted as a sub-plot actually. But given how the failure of the second season was using all the new characters effectively so yeah I the problem with adapting Under the Hood for Young Justice. But it could be done in subsequent seasons.
    My thing is though that people seem to be under some weird belief that Snyders version as good when most everything points to the opposite and Joss being brought in to clean it up. I don't even like Whedon that much, but his work on Superman for instance was clearly an improvement.

Yep, your entire point about S2 is why I would worry about them adapting the plot. So many characters got the shaft that season.

Snyder work was actually wonderful and a bold take on the characters.

My thing is though that people seem to be under some weird belief that Snyders version as good when most everything points to the opposite and Joss being brought in to clean it up. I don't even like Whedon that much, but his work on Superman for instance was clearly an improvement.

Yep, your entire point about S2 is why I would worry about them adapting the plot. So many characters got the shaft that season.
    Yet when it came out Justice League had a generally mixed reception either Whedon couldn't improve Snyder's vision or they used it to the hilt. Well Young Justice is going to air on Netflix which means no commercial breaks so there might be more room for characters to shine although it might not change because there are plans for the old characters as well.

Mighty Member

Snyder work was actually wonderful and a bold take on the characters.
    I fully disagree with that but whats done is done.

Yet when it came out Justice League had a generally mixed reception either Whedon couldn't improve Snyder's vision or they used it to the hilt. Well Young Justice is going to air on Netflix which means no commercial breaks so there might be more room for characters to shine although it might not change because there are plans for the old characters as well.
    I thought it and Titans was suppose to be on DCs supposed streaming service? I'mma be mad if the older teammates get the shaft for the new ones.

BANNED

Exactly that.
    In context he`s not wrong but I stand against overlapping the characters history too much. Bruce losing Jason sets up the dinamic reationships between Bruce, Jay and the Joker in a way it won`t with the others, not to mention. While for one it is a beginning of a Journey, for the other it would be merely the ending. There`s no story to go from Dick dying.

Of course Snyder was not obliged to use the trope as nothing more than that.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 04-06-2018 at 11:40 AM.

I thought it and Titans was suppose to be on DCs supposed streaming service? I'mma be mad if the older teammates get the shaft for the new ones.
    Oh my mistake then, and I'm pretty sure the old characters are venturing down black ops territory based on the stills that showed them all dressed in black instead of their costumes so their roles could be significant. And I am sure the new guys will get their due in the mean time.

But that is the thing, is not a refreshing take nor an innovative one. Is just a lazy take on the same idea already explored by the Arkham game (clumsy as they were) that doesn't offer anything of note to Murphy's narrative beyond a cheap, "shocking" moment.
    I'm tired of that take on Batman too. It doesnt add anything for me and I don't get the obsession with dismantling and subversion. Its not gutsy anymore either nor is it done better than the ones before it.
    Ah.

Care to make any example of similar takes?

Because I really can't find recent examples. Just on the main title we've had years and years of Morrison, Snyder and King jerking off on a calendar where every month featured a Caped Crusader in various state of undress, collecting the result of such actions on sheets of paper and calling them scripts, which is, like, the opposite of Murphy's approach. Where's the iconoclastic take on the Batman mythos, then? On Detective Comics? Nobody comes out in a good shape from that comic book, because Tynion's just that hopeless when it comes to give characters any kind of depth that has to last for more than one issue. On the Justice League titles? Even when every other Leaguer had all the reasons in the world to be pissed off at Bruce (i.e. that very famous arc during Waid's run) the narrative always shies away from presenting him as dead wrong.

Where is this idea of Batman not being that great force of Good explored, then? On the pages of Trinity? Of Red Hood and the Outlaws? Of Super Sons? Where?