Page 784 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 284684734774780781782783784785786787788794834884 ... LastLast
Results 11,746 to 11,760 of 15150

And, I'm assuming since Dick is still Robin in the beginning of the series, at least, Jason will be on his way to becoming the 2nd Robin. And could be scoping out his predecessor, or checking in with his adopted older brother. Or there to be an ass. Or all of the above.

Probably all of the above.

So, Boosterpoint aside, what do people think of Jason and Artemis over in RHatO? Just curious.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    Titles for the first 9 episodes of Titans revealed
    I am still not sold on the show until I see a trailer. Even then, I will have to wait for a positive review, i still don't trust DC/WB to do a decent live action team, after they screwed up justice league. But it is cool to have Jason on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, Boosterpoint aside, what do people think of Jason and Artemis over in RHatO? Just curious.
    I think whether it will go a step further romantically or forever remains a possibility, I like the current pacing. We have attraction, but of course that's not a guarantee that a definite outcome has to come out of it. I like that Lobdell has the characters put it on hold because there are more important matters at hand. Personally though, I'd love it if they explore the platonic relationship angle more because it's rarer and so more interesting to me.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

It'll be funny if Lobdell doesn't go through with it not when Artemis and Jason seem to be made for each other regardless of what others think.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    I am still not sold on the show until I see a trailer. Even then, I will have to wait for a positive review, i still don't trust DC/WB to do a decent live action team, after they screwed up justice league. But it is cool to have Jason on the show.
    I think it will be more comparible with the CW shows than with the DCEU, my bigger problem is that it look way to cheap for a Titans show.

I'm also wondering how this stuff with the Streaming service is supposed to work out for us non Americans. (based on the performance the last seasons of the CW shows had, I'm not even sure that it will get here)

Curious. In which way are they made for each other? I like their banter but I still don't see how they work better as a couple than say, Jason and Isabel, or Jason and Essence, if the latters get the same screentime and development effort.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Curious. In which way are they made for each other? I like their banter but I still don't see how they work better as a couple than say, Jason and Isabel, or Jason and Essence, if the latters get the same screentime and development effort.
    I don't know maybe it has something to do with them being flawed versions of the characters they are tied to. And they are not above killing when necessary. Still like Jason's other pairing he and Artemis need a lot of development to see where they can go as a couple. Plus Artemis is actually staying because of Jason.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think it will be more comparible with the CW shows than with the DCEU, my bigger problem is that it look way to cheap for a Titans show.

I'm also wondering how this stuff with the Streaming service is supposed to work out for us non Americans. (based on the performance the last seasons of the CW shows had, I'm not even sure that it will get here)
    You should compare the production value with the level of other shows of the same genre. You don't have another Titans to call this one cheap on name alone.

If this looks anything like the other CW superhero on the screen, then it's a good start.

Fantastic Member

For me personally I would like Jason and Artemis to go there but I'm not trying to get invested since Lobdell doesn't sound like he's going that way in interviews. I've given this some thought after reading this comment:

At this point I wouldn't say any of them were made for each other. I like the dynamic between Artemis and Jason, which seems more intense than with the other two ladies. Essence has baggage with Jason and they really didn't have many touching moments between them. In fact she tricked Jason into doing her dirty work and almost killed the team until Jason sent her a way. Wasn't she supposed to be the one that killed the All Caste before Tynion retconned it? Either way she seems too manipulative and I say that as someone that finds her fascinating.

Isabel might have grounded Jason but his discomfort with trying to be normal was obvious. It might have changed, it might not of. But his life was apparently too much for her.

Artemis and Jason have a lot of significant looks. He's comfortable enough around her to be extremely vulnerable with personal information and their physically comfortable around each other in a short space of time. As in they allow invasions of personal space and physical touching. Artemis seems to enjoy teasing Jason and in hindsight her comments to Dick were odd. I think there's at least an attraction but Artemis is more cautious.
    Last edited by EMarie; 05-04-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    You should compare the production value with the level of other shows of the same genre. You don't have another Titans to call this one cheap on name alone.

I just think that based on what I have seen now, that show will have a production value similar to the CW shows at best, and that imo not enough for something like Titans. Thats the same problem Inhumans had.

Yeah I'll concede that Jason is shown to be more at ease with Artemis. However, the Jason that Artemis knows isn't the Jason that Essence and Isabel knew. He's already soften up quite a lot by Roy and Kory.

But as you said, nothing is indicative that they are made for each other. I don't agree with The Dying Detective that being flawed versions of their counterparts make them an automatic fit. For me Artemis is a blank slate at the moment, and until more is known about her, it's hard to say whether she's the one for Jason.

I still resent that the story with Essence was dropped because Lobdell could have gone a lot of ways with her and that made her fascinating to me as well.

Even as a civillian, Isabel handled herself fine in the space arc. It was Tynion that decided to break them up iirc?
    Last edited by G-Potion; 05-04-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Yeah I'll concede that Jason is shown to be more at ease with Artemis. But as you said, nothing is indicative that they are made for each other. I don't agree with The Dying Detective that being flawed versions of their counterparts make them an automatic fit. For me Artemis is a blank slate at the moment, and until more is known about her, it's hard to say whether she's the one for Jason.

I still resent that the story with Essence was dropped because Lobdell could have gone a lot of ways with her and that made her fascinating to me as well.

Even as a civillian, Isabel handled herself fine in the space arc. It was Tynion that decided to break them up iirc?
    Well, the latest issue of Red Hood is looking to explore Artemis' background, and it seems, like Jason, she had quite the past. Whereas Jason was a half-crazed, shoot-em-up vigilante, Artemis was a mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, the latest issue of Red Hood is looking to explore Artemis' background, and it seems, like Jason, she had quite the past. Whereas Jason was a half-crazed, shoot-em-up vigilante, Artemis was a mercenary.
    I wonder if the secrets Artemis kept from the team is gonna create some tension. Jason has been very open but Artemis isn't so trusting. As Lobdell said, "things are going to get even worse emotionally for all three of them in the coming months."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

I just think that based on what I have seen now, that show will have a production value similar to the CW shows at best, and that imo not enough for something like Titans. Thats the same problem Inhumans had.
    Eh, I think it`s doable after they`ve decided to tackle Legends which is a big cast with several crossovers.