Page 786 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 286686736776782783784785786787788789790796836886 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,790 of 15150
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Seeing that we are talking about romance for Jason again, what would you like to see with the characther if they decide to explore that avenue, wheter with an already stablished characther (Artemis, Essence, take your pick) or a new characther.
    Honestly that's a hard one. There's a few characters I would honestly see him working well with in regard to heroes. Supergirl -if she was older, although how old is Jason supposed to be right now? Tim is 16, Dick is 25 or 26, Damian is 13, isn't Jason supposed to be like 18 to 21 at oldest? Kara could provide a rather different view point and someone that could honestly help him deal with his darker past as she's had her own issues with family and her cousin.

Another one would be someone like Argent, or even better Cyclone from the JSA. Max is a high ranked student at Harvard, his age as well, and someone that is opposite Jason in a lot of ways but has a direct connection to a legacy character and also I think she would be able to perk him up a lot more when he's in a dark place. She was studying Musical theater but also apparently some Psychology as well at the time that Johns was writing her in the JSA. I would have liked to have seen that pairing as it could be something that brought up a lot of dynamics between them.

Outside of DC directly....weirdly enough, I would say Kitty Pryde. Kitty and Jason share a lot in common regarding attitude and view point in regard to handling situations. Kitty is, techinically older then Jason I think, maybe she might be closer to Dick's age. But when has that ever stopped him before. Or at least someone like Kitty could be interesting.

Civilian, I would say that the person would have to be someone who has a connection to the world where Jason came from. Someone who knows how hard life was and that they wanted to help others in that situation. I kind of always wanted a Jason book kind of like how Dare devil is more street wise in regard to things. Maybe someone like Leslie who is taking care of the area helping the community in some way and Jason works as a detective or some sort of PI covering things, funded by Bruce. I would say the personality would be someone that could be sassy but serious and also someone who could hold their own against him in his darker moments. As well as someone who doesn't back down on others and is willing to work for what they believe in .

Cool

So here I am, making a post to tell you guys I've just read something I enjoyed a lot when I realized that it may be a not really lasting theme for a discussion because tomorrow we will have RHATO back, thankfully. But nevertheless, I should proceed!

This pass month I've been working at a job I dislike as telephone operator (didn't get that post as librarian I liked, unfortunately) and studying for public exams for the chance of being a high school teacher. So because I'm always in the need for a break, I keep reading fics (and other stuff, and watching some tv shows and movies I could honestly have saved myself from). Today I've read certain work that made me look back at what I've enjoyed, and thought "maybe I could updated those folks, right?". So here it is, some new stories you could give a peek at.

• Cyrcle of Life: chibi_nightowl is a heavy JayTim shipper, I know, but this one shot story is totally Jason centered, to the point it could be seem as some introspective story of Jason about himself... with him as a winter's POV. Pretty good, and fun if you are into meta writing like myself.
    • 6645 Charlotte Street: another one shot. Here we have Jason being sick and Bruce being an actual human being who cares and has feels and emotions. This is basically Jason and Bruce bonding in his temporal illness, in his personal home, and Bruce discovering both. I liked it; it may have a bit of angst, but it's warm overall.
    • Cracked Foundation: this one is a ten part story with Jason and Damian bonding as brothers. Its start is a bit weak, and the first sections of Bruce and Jim are a bit not in character, imho. But it gets a lot better soon. Nonetheless, it has good takes on Jason and Damian, and has good writing and a satisfactory resolution that fits the whole story. Funny btw, I've noticed a lot of new DamiJay fics lately.
    • Verdant: this one is old, but I wouldn't recommend it earlier because it wasn't really that good in my opinion. Though, it has really picked up and gotten more interesting and better written in the most recent chapters. It has a decent start: Talia saves Jason using the pit, then runaways with him and brings him to Bruce in good terms. Things happen, but not much of a plot. And still doesn't seem to have an actual plot, but now it does have more of a direction. It's a nice read, you may like it.
    • And a reminder than "Dum Spiro, Spero", the (so far) last instance in the Dreamscape series, has finished; and that the latest episode in the "see how deep the bullet lies" series is really starting to get into actual plot besides the family drama (that is also bringing some sweet brotherly DickJay moments).

That's all for now .
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-08-2018 at 08:49 AM.

So, this happened.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post

So, this happened.
    Unless this is an elaborate joke I'm missing, the whole thing is listing stuff caused by the format/rating, conveniently leaving out stuff from the film, failing to engage with the plot or downright nitpicking.

Avoid watching.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post

So, this happened.
    He nitpicks every movie like that. Even normally highly praised and successful films.

His best though, are Dragon Ball Evolution (the ONLY time the original source material has ever been referenced in comparison) and The Last Airbender.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    So here I am, making a post to tell you guys I've just read something I enjoyed a lot when I realized that it may be a not really lasting theme for a discussion because tomorrow we will have RHATO back, thankfully. But nevertheless, I should proceed!

This pass month I've been working at a job I dislike as telephone operator (didn't get that post as librarian I liked, unfortunately) and studying for public exams for the chance of being a high school teacher. So because I'm always in the need for a break, I keep reading fics (and other stuff, and watching some tv shows and movies I could honestly have saved myself from). Today I've read certain work that made me look back at what I've enjoyed, and thought "maybe I could updated those folks, right?". So here it is, some new stories you could give a peek at.

• Cyrcle of Life: chibi_nightowl is a heavy JayTim shipper, I know, but this one shot story is totally Jason centered, to the point it could be seem as some introspective story of Jason about himself... with him as a winter's POV. Pretty good, and fun if you are into meta writing like myself.
    • 6645 Charlotte Street: another one shot. Here we have Jason being sick and Bruce being an actual human being who cares and has feels and emotions. This is basically Jason and Bruce bonding in his temporal illness, in his personal home, and Bruce discovering both. I liked it; it may have a bit of angst, but it's warm overall.
    • Cracked Foundation: this one is a ten part story with Jason and Damian bonding as brothers. Its start is a bit weak, and the first sections of Bruce and Jim are a bit not in character, imho. But it gets a lot better soon. Nonetheless, it has good takes on Jason and Damian, and has good writing and a satisfactory resolution that fits the whole story. Funny btw, I've noticed a lot of new DamiJay fics lately.
    • Verdant: this one is old, but I wouldn't recommend it earlier because it wasn't really that good in my opinion. Though, it has really picked up and gotten more interesting and better written in the most recent chapters. It has a decent start: Talia saves Jason using the pit, then runaways with him and brings him to Bruce in good terms. Things happen, but not much of a plot. And still doesn't seem to have an actual plot, but now it does have more of a direction. It's a nice read, you may like it.
    • And a reminder than "Dum Spiro, Spero", the (so far) last instance in the Dreamscape series, has finished; and that the latest episode in the "see how deep the bullet lies" series is really starting to get into actual plot besides the family drama (that is also bringing some sweet brotherly DickJay moments).

That's all for now .
    Hey thanks for giving an overall impression on these fics. Most of these I've only skimmed through, not sure if they're what I want to read. With your review though, now I'll patiently sit back and enjoy some of them.

Recently I've noticed there are more fics exploring Jason and his dynamics with the family. While I love this development, the lack of actual plot and the over abundance of angst tire me out a bit. For that reason, The coroner of his eye by Aaren is a really refreshing read as it brings humor to the tension between Bruce and Jason. I'd recommend it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Unless this is an elaborate joke I'm missing, the whole thing is listing stuff caused by the format/rating, conveniently leaving out stuff from the film, failing to engage with the plot or downright nitpicking.

Avoid watching.
    Sounds like Cinemasins alright! I stand by my opinion that Honest trailers are a better and funnier way to be nitpicky.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Hey thanks for giving an overall impression on these fics. Most of these I've only skimmed through, not sure if they're what I want to read. With your review though, now I'll patiently sit back and enjoy some of them.

Recently I've noticed there are more fics exploring Jason and his dynamics with the family. While I love this development, the lack of actual plot and the over abundance of angst tire me out a bit. For that reason, The coroner of his eye by Aaren is a really refreshing read as it brings humor to the tension between Bruce and Jason. I'd recommend it.
    That is my main problem with a lot of Jason fics and writers. Like I get it, some of them are pretty upset with DC's Jason treatment yada yada, but way too often that also comes across in their writing and how they treat their characters that are not Jason. Double iffy if I go to their tumblr and its like "Well I did'nt read the source material but......"
    Last edited by Alycat; 05-08-2018 at 07:25 PM.

Yes! I've been reading coroner too. Nice reading. I was giving it a few more chapters until adding it to my bookmark list. I enjoyed last chapter a lot, with Dick's never ending reprimand, and am wondering where it will go with the murdering plot, so that and see the delivering of the death jokes are cool possitive points. I follow and encourage others to take your rec, @G-Pots.

And glad to be of some help!
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-08-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Oh, and I missed the Happy Death Day 2 announcement. Wonder if Lobdell is involved this time.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I can't fully show the #covers I'm doing before they are announced, but only a little bit does not harm, right? #Bizarro #Redhood #Outlaws #DCcomics
    https://twitter.com/GuillemMarch/sta...60548510928897