Page 799 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 299699749789795796797798799800801802803809849899 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,985 of 15150
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    So far it seems to bring up an Arkham Knight feel with an interesting look and it should be noted that this is Violet in an alternative Gotham setting. Figuratively so.

But yeah, I want to read next issue to know more. The whole setting has been promising since issue one.
    Sofar it seems to early to really say much about this incarnation of the character.
    But at least here we know soon if it is worth it (unlike as with the other else worlds like Injustice, White Knight, ...).

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Some art from Clayton Henry instagram. He doesn't say they are from RHATO Annual but some of them look that way. There's a Batman fight, there's a guy who's in a sling. Beatdown very possible.
    Interesting, I was wondering if Kori will be referred and it looks like she actually going to have a cameo.
    Last edited by Rise; 05-24-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    So far it seems to bring up an Arkham Knight feel with an interesting look and it should be noted that this is Violet in an alternative Gotham setting. Figuratively so.

But yeah, I want to read next issue to know more. The whole setting has been promising since issue one.
    Pretty much yeah. Issue one was alright, issue two really surprised me with how much I enjoyed it and issue three is no exception. Even the backups that feature backstory for this world have been really enjoyable, the recent Ivy one was also very AK. Though (maybe I missed it) I'm still confused about how far in the future this is. 10 years? 20 years?

As far as Jason is concerned, we haven't seen much but at the very least it doesn't look or seem like its just a 'wacky n crazy' kind of Jason, which was what I was fearing. As far as first impressions go, I agree with you in that it feels like a more AK-ish Jason. You know, leaning towards 'man with a plan' more so than, 'killer gone crazy'.

EDIT:
    Also any Jason with a white streak, even an older, mature one, automatically gets a +1 in my book.

Last edited by RedBird; 05-24-2018 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Some art from Clayton Henry instagram. He doesn't say they are from RHATO Annual but some of them look that way. There's a Batman fight, there's a guy who's in a sling. Beatdown very possible.
    Interesting, from the context here, I'd almost guess that Kori meets up with Jason while he is (according the the images), on a beach, half naked with a sling on his arm, which is pretty reminiscent to how Kori and Jason first met each other in rhato v1. Wouldn't surprise me if Lobdell was trying to create a visual parallel here.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    EDIT:
    Also any Jason with a white streak, even an older, mature one, automatically gets a +1 in my book.

That's how he looks in the book? Now I really have to read.

Interesting, from the context here, I'd almost guess that Kori meets up with Jason while he is (according the the images), on a beach, half naked with a sling on his arm, which is pretty reminiscent to how Kori and Jason first met each other in rhato v1. Wouldn't surprise me if Lobdell was trying to create a visual parallel here.
    Huh, didn't notice the beach. They might be in the outlaws island and it would be nice to see it again.

It actually makes me more curious about how did Jason end up with Kori and Roy and where are Bizarro and Artemis in all of these. It hard to imagine that Bizarro will leave Jason in this state considering how protective of him unless something big happened.

BANNED

Ah! Nice catch, I didn`t notice it was a beach when I saw it last night. That`s a nice callback for meeting Kory again because as far as the reboot was concerned that was the meeting post UTRH that made him move past the anger. Even if Artemis and Bizarro aren`t seemingly there, this Annual with the former Outlaws may bring some sort of closure to Jason given recent events.

Or at the very least a pause t think about how to deal with the aftermath.

Spectacular Member

Pretty much yeah. Issue one was alright, issue two really surprised me with how much I enjoyed it and issue three is no exception. Even the backups that feature backstory for this world have been really enjoyable, the recent Ivy one was also very AK. Though (maybe I missed it) I'm still confused about how far in the future this is. 10 years? 20 years?

As far as Jason is concerned, we haven't seen much but at the very least it doesn't look or seem like its just a 'wacky n crazy' kind of Jason, which was what I was fearing. As far as first impressions go, I agree with you in that it feels like a more AK-ish Jason. You know, leaning towards 'man with a plan' more so than, 'killer gone crazy'.

EDIT:

Is this from Mother Panic?

EDIT:

Heheh I knew the old skunkstripe wasn't going to die anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SpentShrimp View Post
    Is this from Mother Panic?
    Yeah, and this is the only panel he features in, in MP issue 3. Though obviously we'll be seeing more of him during this arc.

BANNED

The older Joker is also taken from Ledger`s looks and the whole scene plays like a nod to the infamious Return of the Joker scene.

BANNED

Yeah, and this is the only panel he features in, in MP issue 3. Though obviously we'll be seeing more of him during this arc.
    Best part of the scene:

"Oh, it`s you. It had to be you, it couldn`t be h.."

BANNED

Dustin Nguyen, everyone.

BANNED

More Grand Auto sharpness

https://jaydicksummerexchange.tumblr.com/

BANNED

http://wonderstrevors.tumblr.com/

Have yet to play VR so I was pleasantly surprised by this scene while looking for artwork.