Page 8 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218581085081008 ... LastLast

I still want my Helena Bertinelli/Jason Todd team up. I really hope I get it one day

Ultimate Member

Wait, have the EVER had a team-up together? Given their personalities/backgrounds, it seems like such an obvious thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Wait, have the EVER had a team-up together? Given their personalities/backgrounds, it seems like such an obvious thing to do.
    No they haven't and it's a damn shame

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    But the other villains aren't former Robins. They don't have the kind of intense personal background with Batman that a villainous Jason (or any Jason) would have, and therefore the constant struggle has a very different feel. If you will, for most of them, it's professional and not personal, which allows for different story arcs and different outcomes. The only exceptions to that, recently, are the Joker and Talia. Talia they killed off. As for Joker, whole reams have been written about the problems they have with that character and what a corner they have backed themselves into, in large part because of the very personal, and thus exceptionally vicious, nature of the confrontation. A large part of the dialogue in the climax of DotF consisted of Snyder trying to find ways out of the corner and not succeeding very well. The dynamic you are describing for Jason, to force Batman to concede or one of them has to die, is Joker's dynamic, isn't it? And we, and DC, definitely don't need another Joker and all the narrative problems that come with a character whose only logical end is a death that can never be reached.
    You are right and this is a very good point. I get it would be hard to write Jason this way but it would be rewarding with the right writers. I believe it could be done well but that is the real hurdle.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    I still want my Helena Bertinelli/Jason Todd team up. I really hope I get it one day
    That would be one interesting team up. I wonder why that never happened before the reboot. Seems like it would have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardNigma View Post
    You are right and this is a very good point. I get it would be hard to write Jason this way but it would be rewarding with the right writers. I believe it could be done well but that is the real hurdle.
    If the right writer could handle this then sure it might be an interesting tale for an arc but I don't happen to think it's a good idea for a permanent direction for the same reasons as Dzetoun. I also don't believe that DC has a writer that could do such a story justice without managing to also write Jason into a corner. Jason has already spent a lot of years stuck in endless repetitive cycle because of his hatred for all things Bat. I don't think this type of story would have helped matters back then (not that they didn't try that too) and I don't think it would do anything for him now.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-12-2014 at 07:58 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    Me and my brother have talked about this for years. Would really love to see it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm totes down for a Jalena team up as well! She didn't seem to think too highly of him prior to the reboot though...

But that's what the New 52 is for, amirite?

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    I'm totes down for a Jalena team up as well! She didn't seem to think too highly of him prior to the reboot though...

But that's what the New 52 is for, amirite?
    To be fair, Chris Yost (who wrote this issue) didn't seem to understand Helena very well. That's evident by how he misinterpreted her relationship with both Barbara and Dick (as they'd long moved past the stage where they lectured her for using 'lethal' violence) and how he portrayed Helena as someone who would try to kill someone before finding an alternate solution. That regressed her from all the progress she had made while being written by both Gail Simone and Greg Rucka.

Anyways, long story short, I think Helena is the last person who should be judging Jason like this, especially given how she was treated like the black sheep of Gotham for quite some time.

And I'd like a team-up between her and Jason as well.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

Default Another reason why Helena and Jason should team-up:

Is because Jason would look, very, very sexy in the brand new uniform Helena would (force) give him to wear:

He would just be too fabulous for words.

[source]
    Last edited by beetlebum; 04-22-2016 at 03:40 AM.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I don't think that would be a good team up, Jason hanging around damaged and 'toxic' people isn't really new and again, the story would've relied on the both of them being Batman's rejections or failures.

In the N52 however, would be interesting to see Jason interact with his transimensional 'step-sister' though.

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    Is because Jason would look, very, very sexy in the brand new uniform Helena would (force) give him to wear:

He would just be too fabulous for words.

[source]
    Aww yes. Ab window. And on DC's finest bad boy.

On a related note, I think that this is what they should have given Power-boy. Cos' abs are like the male equivalent of a rack. Nice to look at AND feel. But instead DC gave us a random hairy chest window. Eww//

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    In the N52 however, would be interesting to see Jason interact with his transimensional 'step-sister' though.
    That would have been fun to see. I liked seeing her and Damian interacting myself so I would have liked to see her interact with the others as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Jason hasn't seemed badass enough lately; I hope they're not watering him down into a "good boy".

Well she's back now so my dream is alive and well!!!! Jalena lives!!!

BANNED

They're welcome to give Helena to Jason Todd and take her off Dick Grayson's neck.