Page 80 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180580 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 15150
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think thats kind of strange if you consider that Dick stopped being Robin in 1983. And his story were hardly that good.
    He`s got the longest association with the role. He created it, after all.

No need for "poor Jason" here, they obviously like him for multi-appearances and his profile as Red Hood only keeps growing. By proxis even his profile as Robin is being extended with the Arkham games and the possible role in the upcoming movie.

So what if they liked him less as Robin than the other mains? Big deal. I prefer they like him best where he`s the most marketable.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm not fussed about it myself. A lot of people didn't care for him as Robin anyway. There are plenty of people out there that are proud to have voted for him to die back then even. Frankly, having creators that feel that way doesn't surprise me at all. Also, like others have said, it doesn't mean that they don't like him as Red Hood.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

As long as I have a place to read about Jay in some quality stories, I'm good.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    He`s got the longest association with the role. He created it, after all.
    I know, but he wasn't robin in a long time and there are hardly any iconic stories with him as Robin (and hardly any that 100% canonic).

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    No need for "poor Jason" here, they obviously like him for multi-appearances and his profile as Red Hood only keeps growing. By proxis even his profile as Robin is being extended with the Arkham games and the possible role in the upcoming movie.
    That has nothing to do with poor Jason, I'm just wondering why everyboddy liked Dick as Robin best.

And on the other hand liking a character has nothing to do with not writing him good.
    Jim Starlin for example hated the Concept of Robin but gave Jason a better treatment than many authors that came later, in a Death in the Family there are actually one or to pages about how good Jason was, and in his whole run you find nothing about Jason being incomptent or not as good as Dick.

And I think Tynion said at one point that he was a big fan of Tim Drake but, despite Tim didn't get any good showings in Batman Eternal.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

That has nothing to do with poor Jason, I'm just wondering why everyboddy liked Dick as Robin best.
    Probably because he was the first and longest running Robin. Most people even these days still thing of Grayson when they hear the name Robin and back when they killed off Jason a lot of people were mad because they believed that Dick was the Robin that had been killed. (Yeah, I know it had been awhile since he had been Robin by that point but still.) My favorite Robin is Jason but I'm in the minority on that one.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I know, but he wasn't robin in a long time and there are hardly any iconic stories with him as Robin (and hardly any that 100% canonic).
    Dark Victory, Robin Year One, The New Teen Titans...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Dark Victory, Robin Year One, The New Teen Titans...
    - In the New Teen Titans he is all ready an adult, and he isn't Bruce side kick anymore (he is basically Nightwing in anything but the name), so I don't rally see it as a classic Robin story
    - In Dark Victory he is only, in the last few issues, and I'm still not sure it is really canonic (the whole style is to different from the main comic series) and there are origin storys which have a much bigger focus on Dick than Dark Victory
    - Robin Year One is actually a good Robin story

It's similar with Barbara Gordon, appart from Batgirl Year One, there are hardly any great storys about her time as Batgirl

BANNED

I just wish we could've gotten an annual, showing him and Bruce on a mission, as well as showing their troubled relationship.

Really tho, they just need to do a OGN version of the Nu52 version of UtRH. Written by NOT Lobdell, or Tynion. Give it to Cullen Bunn, and he'd kill it; he's better than the previous two mentioned anyways. Just read Magneto, to see a sympathic extremist done right. I wouldn't mind Warren Ellis either, if he's available.

On art, I'd say try to get Declan Shalvey, when he's free from Injection. Nate Bellegarde would be cool too.

If we/I can't get that, then maybe a Jason Todd/Robin II: Year One, done by Remender and Craig (Deadly Class).

Honestly tho, if the rumors are true, and Red Hood/Jason is going to be part of The Batman, or a sequel, then we'll get these types of stories anyways.

- In the New Teen Titans he is all ready an adult, and he isn't Bruce side kick anymore (he is basically Nightwing in anything but the name), so I don't rally see it as a classic Robin story
    Well, the people on the panel probably see differently, given that he actually WAS Robin and not at all Nightwing at the time.

- In Dark Victory he is only, in the last few issues, and I'm still not sure it is really canonic (the whole style is to different from the main comic series) and there are origin storys which have a much bigger focus on Dick than Dark Victory
    - Robin Year One is actually a good Robin story

It's similar with Barbara Gordon, appart from Batgirl Year One, there are hardly any great storys about her time as Batgirl
    Batgirl Year One is another title that prominently featured Dick Grayson as Robin. As are all the Ra's Al Ghul stories of the 70s. Dark Victory, like everything else in Flashpoint not being canon anymore probably doesn't matter a great deal. And all the Batman/Superman/Robin team ups of Golden Era. He was there for the formation of the Justice League. He was the Robin of the 60s show. As well the first seasons of the 90s cartoon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    I just wish we could've gotten an annual, showing him and Bruce on a mission, as well as showing their troubled relationship.
    This and one for Barbara and Tim please (I would also take an 80 Page Giant or a mini series). The relationship between them and Bruce is still so vague in the new 52.

Really tho, they just need to do a OGN version of the Nu52 version of UtRH. Written by NOT Lobdell, or Tynion. Give it to Cullen Bunn, and he'd kill it; he's better than the previous two mentioned anyways. Just read Magneto, to see a sympathic extremist done right. I wouldn't mind Warren Ellis either, if he's available.

On art, I'd say try to get Declan Shalvey, when he's free from Injection. Nate Bellegarde would be cool too.

If we/I can't get that, then maybe a Jason Todd/Robin II: Year One, done by Remender and Craig (Deadly Class).

Honestly tho, if the rumors are true, and Red Hood/Jason is going to be part of The Batman, or a sequel, then we'll get these types of stories anyways.
    Huh. I would like Cullen Bunn to take over the book if Lobdell decides to go. Maybe after a status quo changer issue, not an event!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Bunn really dropped the ball with both Sinestro and Lobo so no, I don't want him near Jason. Better get Taylor on board.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Bunn really dropped the ball with both Sinestro and Lobo so no, I don't want him near Jason. Better get Taylor on board.
    Uh...that's why I said read his Magneto title. His Sinestro run is still going good, imo opinion, even if #15 was pretty meh. Also, Lobo and Sinestro, are basically villains, and he writes them completely different than he does Magneto, which is more inline with what a Red Hood book would be; a sympathetic/understandable anti-hero.

I also wouldn't mind Warren Ellis because he can do really fun small scale stories.

Still, I don't see how Bunn getting his hands on Jason would be a bad thing. A lot of people are ready for a shift in tone on these Jason titles, and, while I agree that Bunn would have to lighten it up a little, he'd inject some new life into Jason. Him, or Ellis.

Uh...that's why I said read his Magneto title. His Sinestro run is still going good, imo opinion, even if #15 was pretty meh. Also, Lobo and Sinestro, are basically villains, and he writes them completely different than he does Magneto, which is more inline with what a Red Hood book would be; a sympathetic/understandable anti-hero.

I also wouldn't mind Warren Ellis because he can do really fun small scale stories.

Still, I don't see how Bunn getting his hands on Jason would be a bad thing. A lot of people are ready for a shift in tone on these Jason titles, and, while I agree that Bunn would have to lighten it up a little, he'd inject some new life into Jason. Him, or Ellis.
    Any rec. Warren Ellis stories? SOmething that would convince me that he would be a good writer for Jason?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Any rec. Warren Ellis stories? SOmething that would convince me that he would be a good writer for Jason?
    I'd say read the first 6 issues of his recent Moon Knight run. They're all one-shots, in a semi-noir style. Compared to the small stories we've got in RH/A, I'd say that the MK ones were more entertaining. RH/A only has 4 issues, so the first 4-6 issues of Moon Knight seem a fair comparison. The art also helps; you'll see why I want Declan Shavley on a Red Hood book, when you see how he does the action.

I wouldn't even mind the fun tone as much, if it was written as well/smart as Hawkeye, and if it tried new ways of storytelling like Hawkeye did.

I still find RH/A better than RHatO, but it could be much better..., or different, I guess. I just want more personal, and impactful, stories with Jason. Something the League of Assassin's story could've been if written by someone, other than Tynion.
    Last edited by HeWhoSlapsAll; 10-13-2015 at 12:55 PM.