Page 805 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 305705755795801802803804805806807808809815855905 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,075 of 15150

So after Gotham Garage, Mother Panic and Arkham Knight, I've noticed that the aspect of Jason as a leader or a prominent member of a group of ordinary men fascinates me. Would you guys like main universe's Jason to have something like that as well? I love the henchmen Lobdell wrote in RHATO and think if the Red Hood empire could plausibly exist under Jason, he would excel at writing the dynamic between Jason and his subordinates.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    So after Gotham Garage, Mother Panic and Arkham Knight, I've noticed that the aspect of Jason as a leader or a prominent member of a group of ordinary men fascinates me. Would you guys like main universe's Jason to have something like that as well? I love the henchmen Lobdell wrote in RHATO and think if the Red Hood empire could plausibly exist under Jason, he would excel at writing the dynamic between Jason and his subordinates.
    I don't know. I cannot think of a lot of good stories with Jason as some sort of general of any sort of force that is massive in numbers, and paint him as sort of heroic. All I can think of are small groups, not more than 6 or 7, to be honest, and that could work either for people ordinary or extraordinary. One of his strengths as a character is how much he gets involved into the ones he surrounds himself with (or the ones he decides to fight against), and a thing like a book in which he's commanding some sort of small army of thugs feels very impersonal. Unless it's a book in which he goes thug by thug in each issue, a sort of anthology: those books rarely work.

Fantastic Member

There was also that time in Tynion's run where Jason was supposed to run the LOA although he never had real power in that story.

I can see Jason being a good leader for an army of people but I don't think he'd do that in a normal setting. It's not something he's looking for and he'd have to take on huge responsibilities since he'd have to make sure no one stepped out of line.

On another note the wait til the next issue is killing me.

Yeah it's pretty difficult to pull off when he's only pretending to be a crime lord. That aside though, considering the Arkham's Knight militia dialogs in the game, I guess Jason does get personal with some of them to some degree to earn that level of trust. Main universe Jason isn't someone who would want to lead but if accidentally put into that role he could do it. I wonder if the idea could still work if there are a certain few he trust enough to let them in on his true mission, and trust them to not step out of line.

Same. Dying of anticipation here. Is the preview out this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    All I can think of are small groups, not more than 6 or 7, to be honest, and that could work either for people ordinary or extraordinary. One of his strengths as a character is how much he gets involved into the ones he surrounds himself with (or the ones he decides to fight against), and a thing like a book in which he's commanding some sort of small army of thugs feels very impersonal. Unless it's a book in which he goes thug by thug in each issue, a sort of anthology: those books rarely work.
    When I think of the size of his gang, or at least the people he actually trust, it doesn't go more than 6 or 7 either. And I think the main difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that for the former, there's a connection based on being a Gotham citizen, shared experience of hard life and poverty and an understanding how it can lead to a life of crime. Don't think the idea of thug by thug alone can sustain a book either, but I certainly love it to be a recurring element in a Red Hood book.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I think not Jason's better off leading a smaller group. Though i have a friend that created her own version of the Outlaws and there seem to be more members. If you could work it more like anti-hero group I think it could work better.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I think not Jason's better off leading a smaller group. Though i have a friend that created her own version of the Outlaws and there seem to be more members. If you could work it more like anti-hero group I think it could work better.
    Number is not a concern to me. My interest lies more in the ordinary aspect of the members. Small army/gang members, you name it. Mainly because I imagined the people that he has in AK, Garage and Mother Panic being written with the banter like those henchmen Lobdell wrote in RHATO. I don't mean this as a replacement for the Outlaws. More like an extension of his crime lord front.

Number is not a concern to me. My interest lies more in the ordinary aspect of the members. Small army/gang members, you name it. Mainly because I imagined the people that he has in AK, Garage and Mother Panic being written with the banter like those henchmen Lobdell wrote in RHATO. I don't mean this as a replacement for the Outlaws. More like an extension of his crime lord front.
    It can be done but Jason will still needs 'capos' to manage his 'criminal empire'.

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    On another note the wait til the next issue is killing me.
    You can look but not touch.

It can be done but Jason will still needs 'capos' to manage his 'criminal empire'.
    Yep. It's harder to be a big player in Gotham Underground by being a lone wolf.

Spectacular Member

Imagine how many connections he needs to maintain to get info from every source in Gotham underworld.

Fantastic Member

You can look but not touch.

Looks good. Who's hoping for a shovel fight?

Same. Dying of anticipation here. Is the preview out this week?
    I was half hoping it'd be linked on here. It'd probably have a build up that gets cut short. Jason is reading the letter with Willis telling him that he has the most shocking thing to reveal ! Then we get a page of Artemis giving Bizarro an ice cream bar before the preview ended. Seriously this has been teased for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    Imagine how many connections he needs to maintain to get info from every source in Gotham underworld.
    Yep the point of going undercover is that he's accessible to more sources than any Bats would. Shame that he hasn't utilized that so far. Need to hire somebody. Actually, he could also use the henchmen app for various purposes.

On another note though, what do you guys think about his stance on crime? Does he still believe that it can only be controlled rather than stopped? That's the case, I wouldn't mind him getting his share of the business.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 06-05-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Yep the point of going undercover is that he's accessible to more sources than any Bats would. Shame that he hasn't utilized that so far. Need to hire somebody. Actually, he could also use the henchmen app for various purposes.

On another note though, what do you guys think about his stance on crime? Does he still believe that it can only be controlled rather than stopped? That's the case, I wouldn't mind him getting his share of the business.
    It Jason is still going to kill criminals then I doubt he will continue to use that idea of controlling crime. Especially when the mobsters he deals with will get cold feet after a while when they learn he's not really on their side and either flee Gotham or try to kill Jason.

It Jason is still going to kill criminals then I doubt he will continue to use that idea of controlling crime. Especially when the mobsters he deals with will get cold feet after a while when they learn he's not really on their side and either flee Gotham or try to kill Jason.
    I don't think so though. Jason will kill when he absolutely needs to. Otherwise he's a lot more restrained now.