Page 810 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 310710760800806807808809810811812813814820860910 ... LastLast
Results 12,136 to 12,150 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    That one was a 'what if Bruce's parents hadn't survived' scenario though so it doesn't really count as an "in continuity" characterization of Jason at all. There was no one in that story whose characterization matched their "in continuity" one and that was the point.
    To be honest, that's exactly why I hate it so much. I can't get on board with the idea that just because the life of a VIP character follows a different course, it automatically changes the core values of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    That would imply that he knows Jason's characterization and personal strugglings. As much as I like King's writing, I don't see it.
    Also, didn't saw him in the cover. There was Batman, and Damian, and Barbara, tho.
    Dick, Alfred, and Tim, too.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    In my defense, I have very poor eyesight!
    Glad to hear about Tim. He sure as hell would need it. But I'm intrigued about how he will approach the character. I'm not exactly a fan of Tim, but he has grown on me and so much bullying is only making me be going a bit papa bear towards him, silly at it may sound.

By the way; no Jason, but no Cass either. And I don't know why she's not, as much as I'm glad Jason isn't (even if it annoys me a little bit). She clearly needs it.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-13-2018 at 12:08 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    To be honest, that's exactly why I hate it so much. I can't get on board with the idea that just because the life of a VIP character follows a different course, it automatically changes the core values of others.
    The only part that really bothered me was that Dick became Batman. That made no sense whatever. In this case though it changes the others BECAUSE Bruce wasn't around to give them support so they were forced to make their own way in the world. IMO its no different than what happens to the characters in Gotham City Garage or in Elseworld stories were things have gone a bit differently.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-13-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Is saw Dick and Alfred but where is Tim?

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Is saw Dick and Alfred but where is Tim?
    Right by Alfred.

Right by Alfred.
    Thanks. I guess that person in a mask next to Alfred could be Tim. It's kinda hard to tell for sure though. In any case it doesn't appear that Jason is in that image so its doubtful he's involved with Sanctuary anyway.

The only part that really bothered me was that Dick became Batman. That made no sense whatever. In this case though it changes the others BECAUSE Bruce wasn't around to give them support so they were forced to make their own way in the world.
    I would be fine with it sometimes but not when it's something I consider an inherent value of a character, value that wasn't given by Batman.

The only part that really bothered me was that Dick became Batman. That made no sense whatever. In this case though it changes the others BECAUSE Bruce wasn't around to give them support so they were forced to make their own way in the world. It's no different than what happens to the characters in Gotham City Garage or in Elseworld stories were things have gone a bit differently.
    To be fair, Jason's life didn't really become better under Batman's care considering he was murdered and killed young. I still stand with my point that Jason would have been better off without him.

And about King writing Jason, I don't take it seriously so it doesn't really bother me.

BANNED

The only part that really bothered me was that Dick became Batman. That made no sense whatever. In this case though it changes the others BECAUSE Bruce wasn't around to give them support so they were forced to make their own way in the world. IMO its no different than what happens to the characters in Gotham City Garage or in Elseworld stories were things have gone a bit differently.
    That and the entire JL dying just because Bruce wasn`t Batman on the team and Selina being a stone cold psycopath who only talks in meows. Because it`s obviously connected.

No bash on King, I love the guy on a technical and storytelling point most of the time but I think he struggles when it comes to a level of execution in a big franchise as of yet. That might change and I hope it does. He`s good but I find no coincidence that the one divisive run he`s had is exactly the big DC franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I would be fine with it sometimes but not when it's something I consider an inherent value of a character, value that wasn't given by Batman.
    Those core values weren't given by Batman sure but they were perhaps further cultivated by Batman when he took Dick and the others in. Could they have cultivated them on their own, sure, but without a stable environment Jason (and the rest) could very well have ended up a totally different people. For example a life spent on the streets would have had an effect on Jason's development and I think he would have later become embittered and would have ended up shedding what morals he had as time passed in order to simply survive in that environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    To be fair, Jason's life didn't really become better under Batman's care considering he was murdered and killed young. I still stand with my point that Jason would have been better off without him.

And about King writing Jason, I don't take it seriously so it doesn't really bother me.
    It did become better between the time he was taken in and his eventual death though and that's really what I was talking about. Without that he would have been a stone cold criminal or perhaps dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    That and the entire JL dying just because Bruce wasn`t Batman on the team and Selina being a stone cold psycopath who only talks in meows. Because it`s obviously connected.

No bash on King, I love the guy on a technical and storytelling point most of the time but I think he struggles when it comes to a level of execution in a big franchise as of yet. That might change and I hope it does. He`s good but I find no coincidence that the one divisive run he`s had is exactly the big DC franchise.
    Batman is his first work within a big franchise and Batman being Batman is what makes it so difficult for writers. There are pressures and fan expectations there that there aren't there when a writer handles a smaller property. I give him a lot of leeway because of all that. Whether other people do the same is up to them.

(Gah I hate having to post from my phone but my internet is down. Sorry for the multi-posts. I normally don't do them.)