Page 847 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 347747797837843844845846847848849850851857897947 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,705 of 15150
    Fantastic Member

Has anyone heard about how a version of Jason is going to be in the live-action Titans show?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Who has two thumbs and owns an awesome commission from jjmk?

Attachment 68214

This girl!
    I'd like to see this costume in the comics with the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    Has anyone heard about how a version of Jason is going to be in the live-action Titans show?
    I think the actor playing him was walking around in civilian clothes so maybe it's something like a pre-Robin role for him? Don't think they'll do Red Hood yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Me too. Even DC is aware of how popular that feature is because from what a source told me when Rebirth started, the early drafts had plot points explaining the why/how of the white streak, as well as when it's visible. I'm still holding out hope that they bring it back in eventually. Not to mention so many different incarnations of Jason have it (Injustice, Mother Panic).
    If I'd clawed my way out of my own grave, I'd have white hair, too!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thebluefeline View Post
    I think the actor playing him was walking around in civilian clothes so maybe it's something like a pre-Robin role for him? Don't think they'll do Red Hood yet.
    To me it looks like a teen version of Jason, my guess is that Dick will become Nightwing by the end of the first or start of the second season and Jason will become the new Robin.

I don't think it would make much sense to do Red Hood before season 4 or 5, and I hope they recast the actor at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    To me it looks like a teen version of Jason, my guess is that Dick will become Nightwing by the end of the first or start of the second season and Jason will become the new Robin.

I don't think it would make much sense to do Red Hood before season 4 or 5, and I hope they recast the actor at that point.
    Agree. I think the current actor can do the Robin look but not Red Hood.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Agree. I think the current actor can do the Robin look but not Red Hood.
    It would be hard to pick the right actor for Jason. He'd need to have some character and not just be a pretty face.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    It would be hard to pick the right actor for Jason. He'd need to have some character and not just be a pretty face.
    I really liked the batinthesun actor they got to play him for the Punisher vs Red Hood showdown they had. I know he's probably not for official roles but I think it was pretty good ;D

Link here for anyone who hasn't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWkLH97mMdU

Extraordinary Member

I'm anyway a little bit skeptical that the show will run long enough for Jason to become Red Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I'm anyway a little bit skeptical that the show will run long enough for Jason to become Red Hood.
    I think if the Red Hood series rumor is true, then Titans doesn't really have to do anything aside from introducing Jason Todd. The establishment of Red Hood is better left for his solo series.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 07-16-2018 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thebluefeline View Post
    I really liked the batinthesun actor they got to play him for the Punisher vs Red Hood showdown they had. I know he's probably not for official roles but I think it was pretty good ;D

Link here for anyone who hasn't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWkLH97mMdU

Just my piece of thought here.

Most male teens have a man-up change (in their looks) between the 20s and the 25s. So it all depends on how old the actor is. He seems like he has a square-ish shape of face, he can take the Hood look if he loses the round edges almost all teens have. Also seems to have a good jaw. And the lips may also gain edges and lose fat if he still is under his 20-21.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Most male teens have a man-up change (in their looks) between the 20s and the 25s. So it all depends on how old the actor is. He seems like he has a square-ish shape of face, he can take the Hood look if he loses the round edges almost all teens have. Also seems to have a good jaw. And the lips may also gain edges and lose fat if he still is under his 20-21.
    The actor is apparently allready 20.
    The problem is for me less his face and more his height.

Regarding the white streak, apparently it was removed because it made him look too old, but as we can clearly see by the huge amount of fanart, an artist can easily make Jason look young and add the streak.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Regarding the white streak, apparently it was removed because it made him look too old, but as we can clearly see by the huge amount of fanart, an artist can easily make Jason look young and add the streak.
    Exactly. And hell, there are other characters that have the white streak thing going on in their hair and that don't look old because of it.

I've noticed that Jason tends to be drawn kinda old looking at times and I'm gonna have a little fun and theorize here so humor me. :P I think that the problem isn't the hair color, and besides different artistic styles definitely being being one possible factor in how old a character can look, I'm gonna throw out just one generalization and say that I think its that too many of dc's artists tend to have a predisposition to draw Jason looking much older than he is, almost in an attempt to match his appearance to the idea of him as a villain and 'punisher-esque bad guy'. Artists matching a characters appearance to their perceived personality (which is grating in this case) is understandable in a way, since its a basic guideline to designing characters and communicating the archetype of said character to an audience after all. Ergo why we sometimes see Jason with these ridiculously super harsh frown lines, or super chiseled cheeks that are deep set and hollowed out. Those things generally come with age thanks to skin folds and loss of fat around the face, and wouldn't be features you would place on a character barely out of his teens, but since Jason is a 'bad guy/villain' and (in his first big appearance UTRH anyway) one that by all intents and purposes through size, weight, muscle-mass and even the military style clothing is heavily coded in design to be an intimidating 'hyper masculine figure', which was deemed necessary to communicate both his skills, competency and his threat factor within the story. After all, his introduction featured him being a major enemy to Batman that could defeat him through brute force* so the fact that he was designed to be this 'scary intimidating man', not a teen, a MAN is what I think now kinda just snowballed and fuels the artistic interpretation of his design. I guess it also doesn't help that his first kinda adult appearance was by Jim 'every man has a jawline and chin like a shovel' Lee who also aimed to draw him as an intimidating force to be reckoned with in Hush. Its possible his work helped guide Mahnke and the other UTRH artists with their interpretations too I guess. Who knows. (that being said I do like Lee's design, I think it suits his style just fine.)

Of course this isn't every artist, like I said, its a generalization that I'm theorizing based on simply design principles that I know encourage incorporation of a characters moral alignment into their look, and as such I think its why this problem only remained strongest around post UTRH pre52 when Jason was truly a villain. The only comic I remember him looking anything like his age was in SOME issues of countdown, and well well, what do you know, that was a comic in which he was supposed to be (until they changed the ending) redeemed and not be the 'bad guy' anymore, huh funny that. I think having his own series, being less of a villain and more of a main character in his own right and having Rocaforts ridiculously pretty style setting his design and new aesthetic status quo in the beginning of new52 kinda paved the way and helped to give more youthful examples of the character for other artists to interpret and follow, though it also unfortunately gave as artists trying to copy Rocaforts design of the helmet, with a nose and lips. shiver. Seriously it only ever looked good in his style.

*He was supposed to die by the end, so I'm sure DC felt safe at the time making him Batmans 'equal' in terms of skill set, since it helped make Jason seem like a huge threat at the time and wouldn't have been of consequence to Batmans credibility after Jason died. Boy did they back peddle outta that one fast. Funny how Jasons competency and capabilities dropped super fast after they changed their minds and let him live through the finale of UTRH.
    Last edited by RedBird; 07-16-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The thing is that already the way he is written and and the people he is teamed up with make him look older.

In Count down he was teamed up with Donna and Kyle, and in the new 52 with Roy and Kory, all characters that belong in Dicks generation. And in Rebirth he was on a teamed up with Artemis and Bizzaro who would usually be to "old" for that generation.

I think many comic readers don't even realize how big the age gap between him and Dick was pre flashpoint.
    Last edited by Aahz; 07-16-2018 at 10:18 AM.