Page 854 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 354754804844850851852853854855856857858864904954 ... LastLast
Results 12,796 to 12,810 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    The story and direction sound okay but I am already tired of the bloody crowbar imagery being used as the symbol for this direction. Given that Jason was beat almost to death with one this just rubs me the wrong way. Sorry.
    They mention his fists, so if may be not as promient as it seems.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Oh boy, that Green Arrow solicit.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    He looks like Scorpion in Injustice 1 DLC

Not sure how prominent the crowbar will be in story (hopefully not) but damn does it makes these covers bloody intense. New direction still sounds pretty exciting to me. Can't wait!

So by donning the Red Hood persona, does it mean he now wears the helmet again (not that he needs to, given the hoodie)? I remember Rise said there's no helmet underneath, in #26.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    They mention his fists, so if may be not as promient as it seems.
    I was speaking specifically of its prominence on the covers not in the stories themselves since we've not even seen them yet. I just personally don't really care for it is all. I'm still going to give the arc a chance because if anyone can actually make me like ultra violent Hood it would be Lobdell. I just hated it so much in pre-FP days is all so all this really makes me weary. The crowbar imagery doesn't help with that at all.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 07-23-2018 at 06:44 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Not sure how prominent the crowbar will be in story (hopefully not) but damn does it makes these covers bloody intense. New direction still sounds pretty exciting to me. Can't wait!
    Like I said the story itself sounds like it will be exciting and Lobdell is probably the only one who can make this kind of Jason Todd story work for me. I just don't particularly care for the imagery being used in the covers is all (or the fact that it's THE crowbar to be honest.) I didn't care for it in the story were it was on auction either to tell you the truth.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #27

Written by Scott Lobdell, art and cover by Pete Woods, variant cover by Yasmine Putri.

Everything changed for the Red Hood last issue. This time around, everything changes for Jason Todd! Devoid of partners and exiled from Gotham City, Jason gets a fateful message from the last person he expected to see again. The news he learns leaves him with no choice but to don the Red Hood mask once more and double down on his two-fisted crimefighting approach. Pray for whoever gets in Jason's way as "The Outlaw" kicks into high gear.

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Oct. 10.
    Attachment 68615
    This is gonna be viseral. Also 30+ pgs? Usually its 22.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I was speaking specifically of its prominence on the covers not in the stories themselves since we've not even seen them yet. I just personally don't really care for it is all. I'm still going to give the arc a chance because if anyone can actually make me like ultra violent Hood it would be Lobdell. I just hated it so much in pre-FP days is all so all this really makes me weary. The crowbar imagery doesn't help with that at all.
    I can understand. Yeah, covers give an untraviolent vibe that often didn't work well in the past. But I as well am waiting for what Lobdell can do with it.

Extraordinary Member

Hm the Injustice 2 comics are also ending and sofar it doesn't look like we are getting more of Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Hm the Injustice 2 comics are also ending and sofar it doesn't look like we are getting more of Jason
    Yeah. Disappointed.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    So by donning the Red Hood persona, does it mean he now wears the helmet again (not that he needs to, given the hoodie)? I remember Rise said there's no helmet underneath, in #26.
    Just because he's currently not wearing the Helmet doesn't mean that he doesn't have his old one stashed away somewhere

Oh boy, that Green Arrow solicit.
    This is worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I can understand. Yeah, covers give an untraviolent vibe that often didn't work well in the past. But I as well am waiting for what Lobdell can do with it.
    Honestly, those covers are actually a huge turn off for me so having Lobdell still on the book helps me to at least get passed that feeling so I can read the issues. I trust him enough as a writer to not feel that he will undermine his own work with the character and that something good will come out of all this for Jason. If he wasn't still on the book though I wouldn't bother reading it after the annual. I love the character but I really wouldn't want to read about him if a new writer came along and suddenly regressed his character to make him act like a crazy lunatic as he was so often depicted in the pre-N52 days again. That's not something I want to see happen again.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #27

Written by Scott Lobdell, art and cover by Pete Woods, variant cover by Yasmine Putri.

Everything changed for the Red Hood last issue. This time around, everything changes for Jason Todd! Devoid of partners and exiled from Gotham City, Jason gets a fateful message from the last person he expected to see again. The news he learns leaves him with no choice but to don the Red Hood mask once more and double down on his two-fisted crimefighting approach. Pray for whoever gets in Jason's way as "The Outlaw" kicks into high gear.

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on Oct. 10.
    I am glad that the summary is pretty non-telling, so that we obtain no clue/spoiler what could have happened in the issues before, or at least nothing concrete. One can only speculate. For example does "exiled" mean that Batman explicitly threatened Jason to never set a foot into Gotham again or does Jason just want to avoid confrontation with Batman?

I already call nonsense on "the last person he expected to see again". At this point in the story that would be Batman - or the Penguin. And I think neither of them is in the mood to send Jason a message that encourages him to continue crimefighting.

It's great that Yasmine Putri is doing the variant cover again. I already love the variant covers of issue #25 and #26.
    Last edited by Sergard; 07-24-2018 at 01:26 PM.