Page 862 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 362762812852858859860861862863864865866872912962 ... LastLast
Results 12,916 to 12,930 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiliko View Post
    I really like this one, out of the lineup I probably would've leaned towards this design even if they didn't pick it. Although just considering the fact Jason always has a much more padded and armor like costume out of the family where Dick or Bruce get away with a skin tight look, I think the style of the artist is gonna change how I feel about it most. It looks a lot busier if Jason is drawn bulky sheerly because modern armour looks like an extra marshmellow layer when worn on an average body type. I think if we kept to Soy's current shape for Jason it's gonna look just fine and even the fanartists piece too looks great.
    The previous costume was blue tinted bodysuit on brown jacket and red helmet which I gotta admit was pretty hard to balance. The new one spreads out his bright colors more and is pretty comfortable leading the eye around.
    (only issue I have is his shaved head. I love Dexter Soys hair style for him and I accept nothing short of Jason having a mulan moment if we're keeping his new shaved head).
    I couldn't agree more. Really feel your point on the color scheme of the last costume. And the hair... is gone! Again agree with you. Only consolidation I'll accept is that we get a hair cutting "this is a new me" scene.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 08-01-2018 at 11:01 AM.

BANNED

Looks pretty good. Only thing I`d change would be the red boots seen in round 24 instead of the final ones, but I like the green hornet mask style on top of the domino and I love the use of the crowbar with the tire iron.

All the right urban mixes of the Hornet, Casey Jones and Daredevil. There`s hardly any Punisher here which I applaud.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

This is even better.
    1533146499878.jpg

BANNED

Only miss for me is the logo. He should have none but on the bright side, it`s not exactly a bat anymore.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Looks pretty good. Only thing I`d change would be the red boots seen in round 24 instead of the final ones, but I like the green hornet mask style on top of the domino and I love the use of the crowbar with the tire iron.

All the right urban mixes of the Hornet, Casey Jones and Daredevil. There`s hardly any Punisher here which I applaud.
    I'd rather just have the domino and no mask at all. The mask they went with makes the whole costume take on a Winter Soldier knock-off vibe to me. Also if they were going for a look that allowed them show more emotion, as was said in the DC Nation article, than covering the lower half of the face is not a way to do that. In fact having both a domino and the lower half covered completely prevents that.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-01-2018 at 11:40 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    This is even better.
    1533146499878.jpg
    I think we're gonna see something like this in fanarts soon enough. The emoting logo, I mean.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 08-01-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'd rather just have the domino and no mask at all. The mask they went with makes the whole costume take on a Winter Soldier knock-off vibe to me. Also if they were going for a look that allowed them show more emotion, as was said in the DC Nation article, than covering the lower half of the face is not a way to do that. In fact having both a domino and the lower half covered completely prevents that.
    I think what was said was they wanted the ability to emote but at the same time retained the point that Jason should be more hidden/covered than the other Bats, visually and emotionally.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 08-01-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Admittedly not as practical as the katana, might even look ridiculous sometimes but the dual symbolism of tire iron and crowbar is amazing.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thebluefeline View Post
    Final concept art from DC Nations:
    Attachment 68890
    Does this mean Pete Woods is going to be on Red Hood for the next part of the run? That would be pretty cool!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

It’s ok. Glad he finally got his own symbol. Was so tired of it just being a red Bat logo. I like incorporating the skull into it but at the end of the day it’s just too similar to the Punisher. Not really feeling the Shredder face mask. I think Jason’s helmet has already become pretty iconic. So I think it’s only a matter of time before it comes back. Absolutely love the crowbar/tire iron! It’s more of a personalized weapon rather than just guns. The actual hood is ok but I don’t know how Jason is gonna fight without peripheral vision.

I still don’t understand why they haven’t given him the white streak in his hair. It’s a cool look that harkens back to his death and also helps differentiate him from Dick Grayson.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-01-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Does this mean Pete Woods is going to be on Red Hood for the next part of the run? That would be pretty cool!
    Yes he is!

BANNED

I like the hair cut and the goggles/domino mask but that's pretty much it. But the book has been so good so as long as it retains its quality then I'm board.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I think what was said was they wanted the ability to emote but at the same time retained the point that Jason should be more hidden/covered than the other Bats, visually and emotionally.
    I fail to see how he can emote at all with his lower face covered. They may as well have kept the full helmet with a new design in that case. It's also not going to be practical to pull off the lower mask any time he wants to emote either.

Admittedly not as practical as the katana, might even look ridiculous sometimes but the dual symbolism of tire iron and crowbar is amazing.
    I like the duel symbolism there but I'm still never going to like that he's taking to the streets with THE crowbar. Nothing is going to change my mind on that one.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-01-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

It is a thin line and is balsy. Hopefully they can pull it off.

Couple things.

1- It is not easy but they can emote. Think the Green Hornet. Think Spiderman. Think the Shredder.

2- Speaking of Shredder, some will compare it with Bucky, but he has not been wearing it and it's been done before. Both the Shredder and Green Hornet (and the Sandman after a fashion) have it and it harpens back to samurai face masks and victorian Pulp.

Inevitably, his iconic helmet will come back and will look good too.

3- The tire iron and the The crowbar. The beginning and end of Jason Todd. That's a theatrical tour de force.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Yes he is!
    That's really cool news! I loved his art for Justice League! And, of course, his part work in Gotham on Tec and Robin.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord