Page 881 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 381781831871877878879880881882883884885891931981 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,215 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The billboard on the cover gives me "The Stepford Wives" vibes. Now I can't stop imagining Jason going undercover and renting a little house in the suburbs, baking apple pies and chitchatting with his neighbors. "Good morning, gentlemen. Lovely weather today... why don't you come in and have some pie? ... A bloody crowbar? Oh, that old thing there in the corner. I tried to open a red paint tin with it. Silly me... Have you already met my pet penguin?"
    This scenario is very popular with fanfic writers. And I love it personally. "Have you already met my pet penguin?" Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Her time as an Outlaw is certainly mentioned.
    Nope. Just read it over again. She brings out the Bow of Rah, but only Akila is mentioned. And RHatO is only mentioned in the author's note on where to look it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    WW seems to take place a bit after RHATO 25. Art is "looking for a challenge", said challenge being a "him". To me, it's implied she means Jason, and she even mentions RHATO's "Bow of Rah" arc.
    Maybe. But it could also mean Bizarro. Its rather vague on who "him" the bartender is referring to.

Between the two, Jason is a lot more likely to hang around bars. And that could also be a callback to issue #8 where he did with Artemis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Nope. Just read it over again. She brings out the Bow of Rah, but only Akila is mentioned. And RHatO is only mentioned in the author's note on where to look it up.

Maybe. But it could also mean Bizarro. Its rather vague on who "him" the bartender is referring to.
    I don't know who she meant by "him" to be honest, but the book referring the second arc and mentioning RHATO is pretty much an acknowledgement of her time as Outlaw. So, they weren't actually ignoring it.

So after Tom King posted this picture I commented on it:

Sem Título.jpg

Since Mikél Janin liked my post, I'm guessing I was right. Penguin only lost his eye. Thanks, Bruce, you beat your son for nothing. Also, does Penguin now know who Batman is? Or will that plotline be dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post

Sem Título.jpg

Since Mikél Janin liked my post, I'm guessing I was right. Penguin only lost his eye. Thanks, Bruce, you beat your son for nothing. Also, does Penguin now know who Batman is? Or will that plotline be dropped?
    If this is true then yay, my hope that there would at least be some sort of damage on penguin has come through, since lets face it we knew he wouldnt be dead.

That being said, sigh all this happening so soon and with little hope in my mind that King or any other writer will address what happened in rhato and give some semblance of satisfying closure on Bruces mentality during and after the events of issue 25, make me seriously SERIOUSLY wish that Jason doesn't come back. Not without some kinda repentance from Bruce this time.

For as justified as it seemed for him to have to stop and apprehend Jason, especially in the face of having his reputation tarnished by Jasons actions, even if he had no other choice but to place him behind bars for the sake of keeping up appearances with Gotham, the brutality he brought was too much, he still went too far imo. And for what? A slightly more roughed up villain. I mean this fight was clearly a reversal of their last major tussle in UTRH, except with the tables turned, in which now Jason was faced with a hurt and betrayed Bruce instead of visa versa. This all being an expression of Bruces hurt and anger of Jasons betrayal of their agreement is understandable in and of itself, but just like in UTRH it doesn't justify the cruelty of his actions, especially in Bruces case, the words he spoke, which I think cut deeper than anything.

It was annoying enough when it happened the first time and the events of Ethiopia were swept under the rug like it wasn't a complete betrayal of emotions and a horrifying way to exploit someones trust in you. Granted Lobdell didn't orchestrate that or the follow up to it, so maybe he has something else planned for HIS story, a light at the end of this tunnel, I just hope it was worth the pain he caused cause with all the reveals of Penguin being a-okay and the realization that Bruce was so blinded by rage and committed to beating his son he ignored the danger in the sky of Gotham, etc.. boy oh boy does this issue (25#) grow more ugly by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post

Sem Título.jpg

Think Penguin is allying himself with Batman judging by the solicits for November. How ironic really, shooting Penguin in the eye actually is gonna help him reform more than beating him up constantly and sending him to prison xd I'm actually interested in King's run now again if he follows on this with a good resolution.

The reputation excuse doesn't fly with me. Jason already shot someone live on tv in the first issue and hasn't been shown to work with Batman ever since Rebirth started. So, what reputation Batman was worried about when as far as public know they are enemies?

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    The reputation excuse doesn't fly with me. Jason already shot someone live on tv in the first issue and hasn't been shown to work with Batman ever since Rebirth started. So, what reputation Batman was worried about when as far as public know they are enemies?
    Yeah I have a problem with this more than anything else tbh. I hope Lobdell had a reason putting that line in because so far I don't see it make any sense or contribute to anything.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    "You might think I'd be gunning for revenge. Truth is, right this moment..." - Nice cut-off. I wonder who Jason is aiming at. I can't read the first two text boxes.
    What's wrong with Jason's body? It looks... distorted.

I seriously hope it's because of the angle the photo was taken at.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Yeah don't get me wrong, I agree, it's pretty flimsy, even in the context of rhato. Just goes to show how hard it is to even justify Bruces reaction in that issue.
    I wonder what would have happened to Jason if Roy hadn't stepped in. Was the implication that he was dragging Jasons unconscious body to the cops? To Arkham?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I seriously hope it's because of the angle the photo was taken at.
    Haha looks like a fridge with a head on top XD

I think its the angle.