Page 884 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 384784834874880881882883884885886887888894934984 ... LastLast
Results 13,246 to 13,260 of 15150
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Nice pic. I heard that Jensen always mention in cons that Jason is the comic character who he would love to play in live action and seem to really like him.
    If he would be still the age he was Back when he was in Dark Angle, he would be a great choise. But that was more 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    A lot of his popularity is directly owed to UTRH animated film. The downside is that its not a specific hardcore segment. A lot of them were adults who unlike kids are nowhere near as invested in toys and merch. So yeah they'd like to play him in a video game or see him on film but I think thats the extent of their loyalty.
    I don't follow. There's a good demand for Red Hood merchandise as seen in polls and apparently they sell well if Red Hood funko is anything to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Well thus website http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html shows you how the title sells in comparison to other DC or Batfamily member books. Other figures are not so easy to view to the public but I believe DC who has the full info pushes characters depending on how profitable they are. Look at Harley she started making bank so now they shill her like Batman. DC is a business that will shamelessly exploit an avenue that yields.

Anyone can vote in polls DC follows money. Jason won the Injustice toy poll but DC put out Harley and Batman 1st [character that are proven to be juggernut when it comes to sales]. Maybe Red Hood has a lot of fans who like to vote but don't spend money. I mean that seems to case. He is very popular. Appears to be based on online chatter but RHATO doesn't reflect that. Those Batman and Harley fans that bought so many toys that the line decided to carry on with the next wave they did not bother to vote but they still showed up in droves to buy the finished product.

We don't have all the info but I believe DC won't ignore money.
    The problem with Comichron is that, as far as I know, they only have the data from Diamond, and that means that they only collect data from LCS, not bookstores or internet retail stores. Which is, as far as I know, where most trade sales come from. So the info is not entirely indicative, more like very partial.

Every book in the industry sell weaker than Batman.
    Yep, I know, But still, not even the ongoing of Batman is massive saleswise when we're speaking about trades (again, I think). Unless you go to must-haves like The Killing Joke or TDKR.

Him carrying a book for almost 8 years now is impressive for today's industry and especially for a character who has been dead for years (just look at how Bucky is struggling to have one).
    Yep, I agree. Bucky is precisely a very interesting example as a comparison, funny enough. I honestly think that RHATO has been very lucky and it's doing relatively well for a "new" team book with C and/or D listers. Small fanbases, but still steadily doing around the 20,000 mark. So in general terms, it's not doing well, but in perspective, it's doing quite marvelously. And, again, it is somehow popular across media and you cannot say it's a seasonal thing at this point either. So we're not going to lose him like what happened with some 90's populars like Lobo or Cable for a while (or so I hope. I think his case has a lot in common with Deathstroke's).

Also, I never liked the idea of character starring in multiple ongoing books and I would love more for Jason to have one shot stories in alternative universes.
    Limited series. Well planned, nice art, rounded writing without loose ends and right pacing, easy to buy. I think it's the perfect format for less known or characters with less followers, for when you want to keep the interest towards them alive. And, if it works well, you can work a new one afterwards. I guess they don't sell the same, but then look at Mister Miracle.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Nice pic. I heard that Jensen always mention in cons that Jason is the comic character who he would love to play in live action and seem to really like him.
    I'd really love it if Jensen was cast as Jason in a live action show and a show is something I definitely want to see on the DC streaming service at some point. I think he's perfect for the role myself and I think a show would do pretty well ratings-wise.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'd really love it if Jensen was cast as Jason in a live action show and a show is something I definitely want to see on the DC streaming service at some point. I think he's perfect for the role myself and I think a show would do pretty well ratings-wise.
    I'm not very keen on the idea of him playing Jason in live action, but if he voiced the character again on Young Justice I would be over the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    The problem with Comichron is that, as far as I know, they only have the data from Diamond, and that means that they only collect data from LCS, not bookstores or internet retail stores. Which is, as far as I know, where most trade sales come from. So the info is not entirely indicative, more like very partial.
    I would say it also reflects sales in bookstores and online. You can also view the digital sale charts [RHATO isn't hot there either] Though that doesn't give us the amount sold just which are the top selling.

I believe you can get an idea of how well an ip or character is doing by how much the company is willing to invest or tie valuable resources to it.

The reports from Diamond only cover comic stores which its numbers get worse because of stotres closing every year.

And Rhato is among top 15 or 20 in digital which is pretty good actually. Last week sales had all RHATO vols (n52 and rebirth) in top selling in digital.

Besides, why you care so much about this anyway? I noticed that you always have to say something whenever one of us discuss Red Hood's popularity and even called us a "niche fandom" once.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I believe you can get an idea of how well an ip or character is doing by how much the company is willing to invest or tie valuable resources to it.
    If a book is low selling partly because DC hasn't given it any marketing efforts, then it's not fair to compare it to other books that do get them. Naturally the latter will do better just because of those privileges. It's not indicative of a character value/potential, which DC can fail to recognize (unlike companies like Rocksteady and NetherRealm).
    Last edited by G-Potion; 08-23-2018 at 11:59 AM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    If a book is low selling partly because DC hasn't given it any marketing efforts, then it's not fair to compare it to other books that do get them. Naturally the latter will do better just because of those privileges. It's not indicative of a character value/potential, which DC can fail to recognize (unlike companies like Rocksteady and NetherRealm).
    I agree. And the thing is a lot of those other books that get the privilege of having a crap ton of marketing don't even really need that marketing in the first place. I wish DC would stop wasting money on large marketing campaigns for books like JL or Batman and instead spend that money on promoting their lower tier books. Those are the ones that really need the focus and attention not Batman or JL or even Green Lantern. People are going to buy the big tier books anyway so they don't need the help.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

But most of DCs other books seem to loose readers at a similar rate, if you just look at the long running DC books, the books directly above and below RHatO have been for the mostly the same since the beginning of rebirth.

askhungryeren

Bruce makes an error

robin’s got this

Good thing Jason is never afraid to tell Bruce he's wrong haha
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-25-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    askhungryeren

Bruce makes an error

robin’s got this

Good thing Jason is never afraid to tell Bruce he's wrong haha
    That is so precious.