Page 889 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 389789839879885886887888889890891892893899939989 ... LastLast
Results 13,321 to 13,335 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Ah, so this new direction might have indeed come from someone above Lobdell then. He even says so in this interview and the interviewer also mentions it.

Since historically speaking such moves haven't never been particularly kind to Jason that makes me still feel uneasy about this. Still I do love the idea of Jason being a sort of Clint Eastwood type character during this period and that is enough to keep me on board with this solo Jason business for the time being. I'm good so long as the higher ups don't use this new direction as an excuse to return him to his Pre-FP psychotic killer existence. I'm also liking that Biz and Artemis are still going to be a subplot to all this.
    I think you said pretty much my hopes and fears in this post, so, I'll borrow from you. I'm the same here, to the T.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I never said it was a sudden change or that things weren't set up to accommodate the this particular direction. All I was saying was that its interesting to me that while I've seen some fans insisting that this direction is all on Lobdell the idea was not in fact his alone. Some part of it actually did come from higher up. Ergo it is, at least in part anyway, a mandate from someone. And honestly looking at the overall tone of the DCU at the moment I can't say I'm entirely surprised either.

As for what we will see when Lobdell starts showing the "true" Jason I'm excited to see that so long as editorial doesn't use this as an excuse to make him crazy again.
    Shouldn’t the fact that the people upstairs are not only talking about Jason, but are interested in testing the water for a solo Red Hood run be a good sign? Maybe I’m just being optimistic here but I have to assume that means they see potential in the character and have faith in Lobdell to make it work. I just don’t see DC making Jason go psycho again because that’s not the version that’s made him more popular than he’s been in a long time (maybe ever?)

I just think that once the arc is over, there’s a greater chance that Jason will end up even further away from his pre-flash point characterization than closer to it.

I think Lobdell is within acceptable bounds, often very frank about what he thinks. And with this interview, I can't help but be excited about what's in store, because he clearly is. As for the tibit on where this direction came from, I like to think of it as less a mandate but more like an opportunity. As he said, RHATO is a favorite in the office (surprised!), possibly enough that higher-ups might have become more invested in the potential Red Hood could have, rather than just let his book be kind of there. Coupled with what Lobdell himself said about Jason masking a lot of his issues in the presence of his friends; and that after seven years of RHATO, solo-Jason should be an interesting thing to examine. Meaning in order to further explore the character, this direction must happen eventually. If Lobdell says he cried writing #27, I absolutely can't wait to see it.

Lastly,

I’d like to think the best series are the ones that are always changing, no?
    This is totally my jam.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 08-29-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Shouldn’t the fact that the people upstairs are not only talking about Jason, but are interested in testing the water for a solo Red Hood run be a good sign? Maybe I’m just being optimistic here but I have to assume that means they see potential in the character and have faith in Lobdell to make it work. I just don’t see DC making Jason go psycho again because that’s not the version that’s made him more popular than he’s been in a long time (maybe ever?)

I just think that once the arc is over, there’s a greater chance that Jason will end up even further away from his pre-flash point characterization than closer to it.
    Yep yep. I'm with you.

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    Maybe it's something really horrible and dark that could even scare Queen bee to death (sorry about mentioning this clue again, I'm just so intrigued by this unsolved mystery...)
    I'm really really hoping he picks this plot point up again.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    This is totally my jam.
    As long isn't some idiotic change brought by the desire of "shock" the readers, destroying the character in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    As long isn't some idiotic change brought by the desire of "shock" the readers, destroying the character in the process.
    Well, let me change that to totally my jam if Lobdell stays in control.

Mighty Member

Idk. Maybe I'm not understanding the "more like Clint Eastwood, less like Punisher" bit. I can argued that Frank is based off of those Wastwood-type characters. But I trust Lobdell, either way it'll be an interesting direction.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

jjmk-jjmk

based on this

Only way to fix this :P

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The series is becoming Red Hood: Outlaw

https://www.newsarama.com/41611-red-...ason-todd.html
    "I've never seen such violence rendered so beautifully." - That's a ... statement. Aesthetic violence in RHatO. I don't know if I should be curious - or scared.
    Glad to hear that Bizarro and Artemis are not "tossed aside".
    And I'm getting more and more excited to see how Jason will act on a solo run compared to his time on a team - and how the latter affects his behavior.
    Not looking forward to issue 27. I don't think Lobdell cried tears of joy. I can already imagine what is going to happen.
    It's a hard time for Roy fans. I'm still hoping that Roy will be fine and that he gets a (mini-)series afterwards.
    I'd like to see some characterization that combines his appearances in RHatO, Titans and Green Arrow.
    Only knowing his RHatO run and having seen a few glimpses of Titans and GA I still feel like I don't really understand Roy's character.

Okay, so they ended up doing exactly what I suggested they would.
    Messily and obviously just cross out the title to make it new. :P

Sorry for the small image size.

EDIT: Wait I just noticed even the bat symbol on the left is crossed off. HAHA

This cover looks a bit too many colours than expected. @_@

But now that Lobdell mentioned it, looking at this again, I definitely think Woods is pretty good at rendering fight scenes.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 08-30-2018 at 02:52 AM.

Here's a bigger version.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    jjmk-jjmk

based on this

Only way to fix this :P
    Best way to handle Jason and Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Lastly,

This is totally my jam.
    Me too, to no one's surprise.