Page 895 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 395795845885891892893894895896897898899905945995 ... LastLast
Results 13,411 to 13,425 of 15150
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    @MyFairYouth

I know its not important in the grand scheme of things but a small part of me wishes we could see a bit of Jason trying to go about his vigilante day whilst keeping his identity under wraps. XD
    Why do I think of Dr. Zoidberg when I see that picture?

Does Jason have a legal identity? I mean, he's still legally dead. And he can't undo that. So it doesn't matter if someone sees his face.
    But that makes me wonder if he sometimes feels some kind of regret about the fact that he can't officially be "Jason Todd".
    I remember the scene when he and Batman met for the first time and he says "I'm my own man! Me, Jason Todd!".
    I think back then Jason would have liked to go to college, to make a career or/and to do some charity work to show the world that the little boy from Crime Alley made it although no one else had believed in him.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I enjoy Morrison's version of Jason so I was appreciating him. I only decided to post in here because it seems like DC is heading back into that sort of direction. Not to the same extremes of that version but still a vigilante that kills criminals while not being a part of the bat family doing his own mission. Jason being allowed in Gotham with his methods has never made sense to me and I'm glad DC is finally exploring this.
    You mean the methods where he barely kills anyone and is not any more violent than Bruce? Because in case you didn't notice, since the N52 Jason hasn't been one to jump at killing at the first opportunity. Also, Lobdell and editorial have only said he would be more violent, nowhere has been said he would be killing left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I enjoy Morrison's version of Jason so I was appreciating him. I only decided to post in here because it seems like DC is heading back into that sort of direction. Not to the same extremes of that version but still a vigilante that kills criminals while not being a part of the bat family doing his own mission. Jason being allowed in Gotham with his methods has never made sense to me and I'm glad DC is finally exploring this.
    It's how you justify your dislike of Lobdell and his run with misinformation, gross simplification so that you can call it "2 dimensional" and thus inferior to Morrison's version that makes your post laughably biased to me. I don't care if you prefer the latter, it had its own place making up part of the character's journey.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 09-01-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Spectacular Member

@MyFairYouth

I know its not important in the grand scheme of things but a small part of me wishes we could see a bit of Jason trying to go about his vigilante day whilst keeping his identity under wraps. XD
    XDDD I love it. His helmet was actually designed to allow him to do such things, but we never saw that in comic

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post

Does Jason have a legal identity? I mean, he's still legally dead. And he can't undo that. So it doesn't matter if someone sees his face.
    But that makes me wonder if he sometimes feels some kind of regret about the fact that he can't officially be "Jason Todd".
    I remember the scene when he and Batman met for the first time and he says "I'm my own man! Me, Jason Todd!".
    I think back then Jason would have liked to go to college, to make a career or/and to do some charity work to show the world that the little boy from Crime Alley made it although no one else had believed in him.
    Willis is in a similar situation now, being officially dead with a tomb there. Like father like son...

By the way, Willis looks very young with the suit. Maybe the experiment made him look younger? I would imagine him being older than Bruce.
    Last edited by magpieM; 09-01-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Well, I don't know about say, Dick or Alfred, but Jason still has at least Artemis and Bizarro. If at least in spirit. The "Dark Trinity" are the black sheep of the Trinity families after all. And function more like a family than a team. In their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    XDDD I love it. His helmet was actually designed to allow him to do such things, but we never saw that in comic

Willis is in a similar situation now, being officially dead with a tomb there. Like father like son...

By the way, Willis looks very young with the suit. Maybe the experiment made him look younger? I would imagine him being older than Bruce.
    Highlander family confirmed! (XD)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-01-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpieM View Post
    I imagine he would be younger than Bruce because it seem he and Catherine had Jason when they were pretty young.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Maybe Willis' body was cryogenically frozen at some point in the past and what we see are only projections? In issue 25 he stated that he is omnipresent. And in some issue before that we saw him observating Bizarro, Jason and Artemis at the same time but at different places without anybody else noticing him. That seemed pretty ghost-like. Although he seems to be able to touch things.

It's seem that Jason is going to show up in Batman sometimes in the future (maybe next year?). King has been implying that in his Twitter for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    It's seem that Jason is going to show up in Batman sometimes in the future (maybe next year?). King has been implying that in his Twitter for a while now.
    Kinda dreading it. But if he has a role other than comic relief and is part of DC' effort to give him more presence then I'm willing to see where it goes.

Edit: Would you mind providing the links to those tweets? I might have missed them somehow.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 09-02-2018 at 04:44 AM.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Primarch_...01625252454401

There's another from last month too when someone asked him about Jason, but sorry, G. Too lazy to try to find it because King tweet a lot.

If it's going to be an issue just about Bruce and Jason, I'm all for it. If it just another small appearance, meh.
    Last edited by Rise; 09-02-2018 at 05:17 AM.

Thanks, Rise!

Maybe Willis' body was cryogenically frozen at some point in the past and what we see are only projections? In issue 25 he stated that he is omnipresent. And in some issue before that we saw him observating Bizarro, Jason and Artemis at the same time but at different places without anybody else noticing him. That seemed pretty ghost-like. Although he seems to be able to touch things.
    I hope Lobdell takele his story soon. Him being able to talk to his mother despite being in different universe is pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I hope Lobdell takele his story soon. Him being able to talk to his mother despite being in different universe is pretty impressive.
    Oh right, I didn't think about it before but I guess Ma is in another universe now, in a bottle. Boy is she far from home.

Speaking of, do you guys think this new arc and circumstance for Arty and Biz will pave the way for the 'crime syndicate' story Lobdell claimed he wanted to do months ago, but couldn't at the time find a way to pull off?

Oh right, I didn't think about it before but I guess Ma is in another universe now, in a bottle. Boy is she far from home.

Speaking of, do you guys think this new arc and circumstance for Arty and Biz will pave the way for the 'crime syndicate' story Lobdell claimed he wanted to do months ago, but couldn't at the time find a way to pull off?
    I was thinking about that when Arty and Biz's location was revealed. Maybe it could be tweaked so that instead of going undercover as the trinity, Arty and Biz will have to team up with that place's version of Jason?