Page 904 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 4048048548949009019029039049059069079089149541004 ... LastLast
Results 13,546 to 13,560 of 15150

This gif was posted many times, but I still laugh everytime I see it. Whoever made it, thank you.

Have you guys heard the news that Lobdell is taking over Nightwing? I hope that doesn't mean he'll drop Red Hood anytime soon.

I've really loved his RH stuff since rebirth and truth be told, if Lobdell ever left, I'm not sure I can think of anyone who would do Jasons character justice.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Have you guys heard the news that Lobdell is taking over Nightwing? I hope that doesn't mean he'll drop Red Hood anytime soon.

I've really loved his RH stuff since rebirth and truth be told, if Lobdell ever left, I'm not sure I can think of anyone who would do Jasons character justice.
    A while back he did say on Instagram that rumors about him leaving after the solo arc are false and he's not going anywhere soon. Hopefully it's still true as of now. Is Lobdell taking over NW for the foreseeable future or just 3 issues?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    A while back he did say on Instagram that rumors about him leaving after the solo arc are false and he's not going anywhere soon. Hopefully it's still true as of now. Is Lobdell taking over NW for the foreseeable future or just 3 issues?
    No clue if it goes beyond this arc or not. Either way, I was just worried since there's no telling when this change occurred behind the scenes you know? So it may even be after Lobdell made that statement about not leaving.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I don't think Lobdell is going to drop RHatO. It should be way easier for DC to find a writer who can give Nightwing a consistent voice than Red Hood.
    Lobdell is probably a short-time solution until DC finds a new writer for Nightwing.
    Percy's leave was very unexpected and sudden, or?
    Last edited by Sergard; 09-13-2018 at 04:20 AM.

Yeah I think Lobdell has been on the book for so long because no one has a better pitch for RH than he does. Moving him to NW not only doesn't guarantee solving NW problem but also creates more with RH. But like you said, we don't know what's goin on so yeah, there's good reason to be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I don't think Lobdell is going to drop RHatO. It should be way easier for DC to find a writer who can give Nightwing a consistent voice than Red Hood.
    Lobdell is probably a short-time solution until DC finds a new writer for Nightwing.
    Percy's leave was very unexpected and sudden, or?
    I think it was, from what I can gather, suspicions are that either a mixture of King's story (Nightwing being injured) and/or some kind of editorial mandate for this status quo forced Percy's hand and honestly I think he may have decided to just drop the book himself than allow them to yank him around, the man's not even finishing the stories he started and new solicits have already been revealed for Lobdells take on it now.

Hopefully Lobdell is still totally on board with Rhato, and hopefully this additional book won't mean that he will be splitting his attention too much and quality depletion. Nightwing is a bi monthly after all. Like you said, you can find a lot more writers for Nightwing than you can for rhato, though I am kinda curious to see Lobdell's DG.

He probably just a fill in because of Percy leaving suddenly. Aren't these issues he is working on solicited for Oct and Nov? RH solicits for these months already have Lobdell on them and I doubt DC would remove him in the middle of the arc.

Don't panic or make a big deal of it.

I remember someone here mentioned that scripting actually doesn't take that much time so juggling 2 books are completely doable. Also Lobdell is no stranger to scripting multiple titles at the same time. I'm curious about his NW as well. I didn't care for the book for quite some time but I will pick it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I remember someone here mentioned that scripting actually doesn't take that much time so juggling 2 books are completely doable. Also Lobdell is no stranger to scripting multiple titles at the same time. I'm curious about his NW as well. I didn't care for the book for quite some time but I will pick it back up.
    Along with Lobdell I believe art for issue #51 and #53 will be done by Travis Moore whose work on Nightwing prelude to the Wedding was beautiful.

Actually whilst I'm mentioning Nightwing this was the new solicit for #53

'As the group of vigilantes take on the persona and mantle of Nightwing, he is forced to ante up his hand when one of his close friends is murdered… Will he cast his lot with his old super hero friends to take down these rogues, or will he decide to embrace his “newfound” abilities'

Does this coincide with HIC? If so, who do you think, is it Roy or Wally? Or both?
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-13-2018 at 04:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

He lost his memory though. Would Roy and Wally's death affect him?

Yeah, Lobdell was writing Superman, Action, Red Hood and Teen Titans at the same time once... and Superboy... I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    He lost his memory though. Would Roy and Wally's death affect him?
    I was more questioning which of the two it would be (or both) but ha, that's a good point. Perhaps the intention there was to display that just the knowledge that that WAS his friend would be enough to get even an amnesia riddled DG into action?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yeah, Lobdell was writing Superman, Action, Red Hood and Teen Titans at the same time once... and Superboy... I think...
    True, but I don't recall any of those titles being as highly regarded or rather, critically praised as rhato rebirth is now (maybe superman/action was, I really don't recall that one). Again, I just hope there's no depletion in quality with the split priorities.
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-13-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Fanartist are sure having fun with the hood.

https://twitter.com/fade_unlimited

Seeing all these reactions to the latest news was a sad reminder how cult minded comic community have become (and fan cultural in general) and how I myself fell in this by creating animosity with some people over these made up characters who are never worth getting in pointless fights and arguments over them. I'm here because I want to talk about a hobby I share with people here, not create enemies and hostility.

So, I apologize to evey person I hurt or offended by my comments (this include you Aahz and Dark who I know I have been unnecessary harsh with you guys and I appreciate how you never were rude to me).

Thanks to this recent development, I was too unpleasantly reminded of this. I'm grateful that at least this thread manages to stay pretty chilled compared to some others. You guys are awesome.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 09-13-2018 at 07:34 AM.