Page 908 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 4088088588989049059069079089099109119129189581008 ... LastLast
Results 13,606 to 13,620 of 15150

I just came back from church to find this and I feel blessed

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    So Jason is going to be the happy one.
    Weird. I'm not complaining at all. At all.
    Well, it is before he died, so...

It is time DC dispelled the myth about perpetually angry Robin Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, it is before he died, so...
    I know, it's just that I feel happily surprised. I suspect he will be depicted as the reckless one, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I know, right? Also, wasn't Dick a slightly angsty young man in the NTT run? This serious Dick seems to fit that mood.

I cannot hold all my happiness right now. Holy sheep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Wonder how many times Jason had to steal it before Bruce finally gave up and let him use it
    Might as well, he`s magic with the tire iron.

Pleaseantly surprised by how much this clip is bringing some hype to the show after the lackluster introduction. Oh, did anyone read Mother`s Panic conclusion? What did you all thought about it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Oh, did anyone read Mother`s Panic conclusion? What did you all thought about it?
    It was imo kind of lacklustre. It wasn't really a conclusion of Mother Panics Story (Gather House ...), and Jason also didn't really added anything to it or got anything out of it.

I mean it is very unlikely that they make another Mother Panic series (sales were really low), so I would kind of expect that try to wrap up her story somehow.

Matt Reeves just tweeted this https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/sta...459038720?s=19

A sign of things to come?

Hmmmmm... I was thinking... What if DickBats (in the Titans show) is the endgame? They don't use Bruce for whatever reason. And they could go for a very different alternate universe with Bruce dying instead of Jason. Jason going in a vengeance crusade and Dick taking on the Cowl.

Edit: don't post while partying. It's a baaad idea.
    Edit 2: because I didn't mean to quote.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-15-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Weird question, I was thinking about Countdown to Final Crisis and I distinctively remember someone from Editorial (maybe Didio or Dini) stating that Jason's arc on that book was to show he had learned nothing. However, I can't find anything about it, does anyone knows and/or remembers the interview I'm talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Weird question, I was thinking about Countdown to Final Crisis and I distinctively remember someone from Editorial (maybe Didio or Dini) stating that Jason's arc on that book was to show he had learned nothing. However, I can't find anything about it, does anyone knows and/or remembers the interview I'm talking about?
    Everything involved with Countdown is best forgotten.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Not really. Jason and his Challenger team are liked by many.

Not really. Jason and his Challenger team are liked by many.
    Yep, one of the very few things one can save from (I mean it) Countdown. And mys favourite costume for Jason.

Yeah honestly, I'm really happy that they are displaying something closer to the OG canon for Jasons time as Robin.

And I'm also genuinely surprised that Jason is getting screen time in Titans, both in and out of costume. Even after an actor was cast for the role, I thought for sure he'd only show up for like a 10 second cameo in the Wayne Manor or something in the 'Jason Todd' episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Oh, did anyone read Mother`s Panic conclusion? What did you all thought about it?
    Like Aahz said, very lackluster, very anticlimactic and in general very very rushed. Jason really didn't bring anything to the table for Violets book or story line.
    BUT....I do have one thing that I liked about Jasons writing in that book and ending, even with acknowledging that the execution fell a bit flat due to these problems mentioned.

Jasons story line in MP felt extremely reminiscent to the infamous Battle for the Cowl story, where he's off the rails, dressing like Batman, psychotic, ooc, hurting a kid AND is clearly shown to be suffering from some kind of PTSD and mental illness that have resurfaced from his past. See now, I wouldn't argue FOR Jason going through something like this, but if the universe willed it, and we HAD to have a story line where Jason has a complete breakdown and goes nuts. MP felt closer to what a story like BFTC should have been for a character that is shown to be a suffering family member.

You know, instead of using Jasons mental issues and childhood PTSD against him as a means of justifying why he is irredeemable and therefore forever 'broken' as a person, MP (in the form of Mother) used that part of Jason's psyche to show that those issues are exactly WHY he deserves compassion, understanding and a second chance. The extension of the olive branch here is genuine and not a faux only displayed to show how 'Jason chooses to be crazy and doesn't want help'. Hell we even get a better insight into the trauma/ptsd here, instead of it being something vague thrown in his face, triggering a reaction, its shown here through his own hallucinations (giving the audience an insight into his pain therefore humanizing him) displaying what I interpreted on top of prior trauma as added self loathing and extreme survivors guilt.

All in all, rather than using the story as a way of purposefully demonizing the character, it was more sympathetic to his plight, and considering some of the best Batman stories (and one of Bruces most noble traits when its done right) feature displaying a good level of compassion and redemption even towards those who do wrong, I personally think this is more fitting within the bat mythos.

Nice write-up, @RedBird! I completely agree.