Page 921 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 421821871911917918919920921922923924925931971 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,815 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Gaaah this is fireee.

Pete Woods interview.

https://www.thecomiclounge.com/singl...Under-the-Hood

I think he’s also capable of going into dark places and come out of them intact whereas other Bat Family members might risk losing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Oh, no I believe you, I just can't decide which opinion mine falls under.

The refusal to see Huntress on rhato due to the fact that (as history dictates) it would just lead to more of the same "Jason is taking Dick Friends' complaints since it's too late for Jason to have a connection to nu Huntress, now that she already has a connection to Dick.

Or of saying, screw it, those arguments won't go away anyway as long as Jason exists and riding it out regardless.

Can't decide which route I'd take.
    Even though I said the former line, JasonTodd428's is the way to go. Some of the hate has reached irrational levels and you can't do a thing about it. Even wearing a mask got him a complaint that he copied Dick. Just keep supporting what you love and tune out the noises I guess.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 09-24-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Hum, other than clearing up he will be on the book for at least one arc, it doesn't shed much light on what we can expect from him during his tenure.

His observation on the character is nice though.

I finished my pic. My scanner makes a mess of everything I try to scan, but what can I do. Still, you can get an idea of how it looks IRL.

Link to my Tumblr post that links to my DA with a bigger pic and detailed info.
    red and robin and hood final.jpg
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-24-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Even though I said the former line, JasonTodd428's is the way to go. Some of the hate has reached irrational levels and you can't do a thing about it. Even wearing a mask got him a complaint that he copied Dick. Just keep supporting what you love and tune out the noises I guess.
    Yep. The only legit criticism about Dick losing friends should be directed at the people who mismanaged him during New 52. The ones who erased his Titans past and so on. Targeting hate to fictional characters like Jason is just dumb.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Red Devil appears in the "Raven: Daughter of Darkness" #8 preview. And it does not look good for Jason's old pen pal (if this is really Eddie. But I don't know any other Red Devil.)
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...of-darkness-8/

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yeah, I'm just gonna support the character and try to ignore the complaints if I can manage it. Of course that's easier said than done when they are blaming a fictional character for their favorites' problems over the people involved in the decision making at DC who are, after all, the ones responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yep. The only legit criticism about Dick losing friends should be directed at the people who mismanaged him during New 52. The ones who erased his Titans past and so on. Targeting hate to fictional characters like Jason is just dumb.
    I agree. Unfortunately, Jason's been a divisive character since day one regardless of whether we're talking about pre-Crisis or post and a lot of people hated him back in the day simply because he "replaced" Dick as Robin. So there's already a long standing grudge against the character on the part of some fans. (Heck, I know some people on this very forum are oh so proud of having voted "no" in the infamous poll that killed him.) I think some of the hate he gets currently might be a carry over from that time even.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I finished my pic. My scanner makes a mess of everything I try to scan, but what can I do. Still, you can get an idea of how it looks IRL.

Love the pic Zaresh.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Love the pic Zaresh.
    Your love is very much appreciated :3 (I love that you liked it )

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I agree. Unfortunately, Jason's been a divisive character since day one regardless of whether we're talking about pre-Crisis or post and a lot of people hated him back in the day simply because he "replaced" Dick as Robin. So there's already a long standing grudge against the character on the part of some fans. (Heck, I know some people on this very forum are oh so proud of having voted "no" in the infamous poll that killed him.) I think some of the hate he gets currently might be a carry over from that time even.
    Then there's people who don't like him being resurrected, which most likely the same people who wanted him killed, the people who dislike him because he doesn't follow Batman's rules, the people who don't like him being accepted in the family because it compromises either Bruce's or Jason's integrity, and the people who don't like him having friends because they prefer him solo...

I never counted them like that before, but yeah, there's so many divisions, even among people who likes him.

Oh, its no worries, I was actually being more sarcastic about the issue and displaying the nonsensical logic behind it. It is ridiculous, I know. I've loved Jasons character since he was robin, been tuning out complaints all the way from before he ever blew up (popularity wise that is :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post

It's so vibrant despite being a night scene. The shading on big Jason is pretty nice as well. I don't think I can do it that well with traditional tools. And I just wanna grab Bat's ears.

It's so vibrant despite being a night scene. The shading on big Jason is pretty nice as well. I don't think I can do it that well with traditional tools. And I just wanna grab Bat's ears.
    Bat-ears are cute. In the AK costume Jason had there, they were distracting. It makes you want to pet that helmet xD.

Shading is possible with the right tools. Soft colored pencils, like the water soluble or the pastels, are great for blending and shading if you layer them escalating one upon the other. And of course, gouache, watercolours, acrylics... Any liquid painting can do. What is tricky with traditional media that is not in digital is making the colours feel vibrant, because you cannot use certain ones that are, well, lights. You lack light, so many pinks and cyans are out of reach,. But even so, you can work what you have to highlight some others that will look luminous, by muting many others, white included, for example.

Thanks for liking it. It really means a lot for me if you like, guys ^_^. Specially lately: things aren't going well and drawing puts my mind at ease.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-25-2018 at 02:46 PM.