Page 931 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 431831881921927928929930931932933934935941981 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,965 of 15150
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

With all the eyes on this, I hope Jason gets a good showing.

I'm curious about the R on his belt. Homage to Hush costume or character driven?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Doubt it. I mean, Johns mentioned in the past that (paraphrasing) it would focus on how these three characters have dealt with Joker's attacks on them, mentioning how one healed right, one healed bad and other hasn't healed at all. And you really trust Johns to give Jason a positive depiction to the detriment of Barbara and Bruce?

EDIT: The R is the same kind of cheap callback to Jason's time as Robin. Let's not forget that Johns was the one that put Jason on oversized yellow tights and Robin costume in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    With all the eyes on this, I hope Jason gets a good showing.
    About time as well. He rarely has one when the Batfam is involved. But a bigger issue for me is whether Jason turns out to be the one that "healed wrong" as DC put it. I mean, would be a shame if they ignore all his development since N52 because he's actually the one that better matured emotionally.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-05-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Doubt it. I mean, Johns mentioned in the past that (paraphrasing) it would focus on how these three characters have dealt with Joker's attacks on them, mentioning how one healed right, one healed bad and other hasn't healed at all. And you really trust Johns to give Jason a positive depiction to the detriment of Barbara and Bruce?
    No. But I can lie to myself for the next few months that he will until issue 1 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    No. Bruce's "classic" costume is the one he's sporting right now on the books being published (the Hush one), so much that it was heavily advertised as him going back to basics in the lead up to it, similar to Superman going back to using trunks. This costume is just a variant of his Earth One Costume, that outright clashes with the advertised visual direction for Bruce. And the same could be said about Barbara, that shows the same basic issues than Jason does.
    This is Batman's classic costume minus the dumb trunks (thank you, Gary/Johns!).

And chill, dark. The story still not out and the costumes are just reflection of the periods of time where the joker affected their lives since the book called the three jokers after all.

So is the Battle with the 3 Jokers in the main continuity? Or is this another possible future that will never come to be?

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    So is the Battle with the 3 Jokers in the main continuity? Or is this another possible future that will never come to be?
    If my memory serves, it's in continuity.

Fantastic Member

It has been stated that Three Jokers will be part of the Black Label line and is in continuity

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Damn... Jason is handsome. Why can't he look like that in the current comic?
    The only thing I don't like is the belt with the "R". It could stand for Red Hood but it reminds me too much of the Robin symbol.

I'm surprised that Jason is even supposed to be one of the three things - healed right, healed bad or not healed at all. In my opinion, Jason is still healing - but he is on a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    If my memory serves, it's in continuity.
    Like how Doomsday Clock is in continuity but only taking place in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Like how Doomsday Clock is in continuity but only taking place in the future?
    Heh who knows what they meant. Until the book comes out this is what we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    That's some good images there.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    About time as well. He rarely has one when the Batfam is involved. But a bigger issue for me is whether Jason turns out to be the one that "healed wrong" as DC put it. I mean, would be a shame if they ignore all his development since N52 because he's actually the one that better matured emotionally.
    Cynical as it may sound, If I had to guess, I'm pretty sure he will be 'healed wrong', no matter how much development he has had, Jason is gonna be forever known as the bad robin, the mistake, the failure, the one that came back wrong. Babs will be 'healed right', which makes sense since she is well known for having rebuilt herself after tragedy. I think Batman will be 'not healed at all' cause that's pretty much how his status quo has always been approached, that no matter what he does, he still feels tormented by the past, which leaves Jason as 'healed wrong'. Personally, I would have placed Jason in the 'not healed' category myself if I had to pick one, but that leaves 'healed wrong' for Bruce and I'm not sure that will be the case.

Granted okay we don't know how the story lines will unfold, like I said it's just me guessing but if I am right in my estimate here, then I think it would be safe to assume that it pretty much won't acknowledge much or any of the progress Jason had made since he returned in favor of painting him once again as a tragic mistake in Bruces legacy. So I don't know how 'good' or more specifically, how accurately, it could possibly depict Jasons character and development. With all sincerity now, I hope I'm completely wrong and completely off the mark and that the comic gives some actual depth to his story and character (good and bad) instead of doing what DC has usually done by reducing Jason to a cautionary tale. Costume looks nice though, I'll give em that. I did kinda miss the black jacket. :P